Legendary Nocturne Skin is Beautiful, How I Nocturne in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-21-2012

Alright, so first off: http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/22...1-2012-eternum

Yeah, I threw my credit card at the screen too, but it just bounced off ):

Anyway, I see Sauron has him at a solid tier 2, top and bot, how do 'teh proz' play him? Glass cannon assassin? Weird bruiser-thing to stick to things and take advantage of his free stats?

I pretty much never see him, and when I do he is the suck, so whatcha got for me, guys?

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Pretty much build him like KZ or Panth for the long haul. you can go glass cannon and just burst people to **** but with bruisers being such a big deal, you'll get shut down quickly. Use your ult to jump over the front lines to their squishies and wreck their days.

NavyGothic

11-21-2012

Building early AD / lifesteal can make him a really strong early pusher for bot lane. Think of him like Yorick, except he just pushes rather than harassing. There's not many champs who can take him in an early game duel either.

In the mid-late game his scaling won't hold up to the likes of Jax or Xin Zhao, so you probably want to transition to top and dive the enemy squishies to make them very sad. Phage of some sort is a must-have on him; if the enemy escapes your fear, you're screwed.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

The best advice i can give to you is to always use your ult to gank bot.

Phourc

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyGothic View Post
Phage of some sort is a must-have on him; if the enemy escapes your fear, you're screwed.
Would you take it to a Triforce or a Mallet if the game went on long enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post

Sazdek

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
Would you take it to a Triforce or a Mallet if the game went on long enough?

mallet yes, triforce probably not. build an early phage, upgrade when you need HP.

DiscworldDeath

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyx87 View Post
Except Nocturne might be best as a bot laner

Tempestphile

11-22-2012

I've played Nocturne a bit, and found 2 ways to play him, but then i suck, so you can stop reading here!

1) Phage > Ionian > brutaliser > Frozen mallet > defensive items
2) Prosbectus blade > Ionian > Sanguine blade > Frozen Heart > Black Cleaver > defensive item

And yea, ult has 3 use, one to gank (usually bot) and second to cover your teammate from backcapping / running to gank, and a 3rd which is to dive in and save your turret

I haven't had the greatest sucesss with Nocturne, but i imagine when frozen fist is introduce in the game, the story could differ. But yea, do build him fairly tanky, or else you might end up diving in and your team is running too slow, and you just die!

Veni13

11-22-2012

When I asked around, the response I got was primarily AS (zerkers, YG) and tank items, with some lifesteal item or other.

MMKH

11-22-2012

Build Tiamat and Phantom Dancers.