Renekton: should he be nerfed in the next patch?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wizard33

11-21-2012

After careful thought, checking his stats, and using one of my friends old accounts I find that in the long run he doesn't need a nerf but rather a buff. When playing against him with a Nasus I saw that if you don't build him correctly his health can drop like a rock. I've seen a Renekton be killed by a Soraka and I find that relatively depressing. He is quite easy to kill if you know what you doing and only a few people I know can continuously kill me.

If there is a over-powered champ than look at Warwick. At first he seems pretty normal for a werewolf but as time goes on I find him killing off my weaker teammates ,mostly the supports. All of Renekton's stats are low except his attack but how can he be useful with that attack if he just dies. You need to build his defense or you might find that your being killed left and right by more balanced attackers such as Jax although he himself might be over-powered its never become annoying to me.

His ultimate Dominus helps a little with the defense problem but other than that only items can help you. In conclusion maybe he should be balanced out and that attack should have some more defense behind it and then he'll become overall a better champ.

TFKiran

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard33 View Post
I have to say he should be balanced out in the next update. Anyone can say that he is a little over powered. I'm going to talk about him through the perspective of a player who usually plays champs who have relatively low hp like Twisted Fate and Teemo (Although I'm not as annoying as other players *cough* Tayvion). I dread being in the same lane as a Renekton especially the bot which is surprising as usually a player would be more annoying. It's as if to Renekton I have a huge target on my head. Even if there is a incredibly easy kill right next to him he follows me. Once I was running away from him and had 43 health left I was past my turret and he followed killed me and died soon after shutting me down. When there is a Renekton in my team and even if the player is horrible with him he racks up kills like crazy. Fighting with him is very satisfying and seeing your kill count go up and up is somehow uplifting. He does his job as a melee fighter very well and is one of the best in that category but maybe he does his job too well. He should be weakened a little but not to the point of losing everything that makes him awesome. Please comment and give your own thoughts
The reason they won't nerf Renekton is because in my opinion he isn't a largely played champion such as Teemo, Ezreal, Diana, Katarina, etc. Once Renekton shows up a bit more in matches, maybe then they would decide to nerf him which I don't think he needs.

ASYLUM101

11-21-2012

Why nerf someone who doesn't do much damage after you build one armor item

KobaltKode

11-21-2012

The new season will change most people's outlook on Renekton. He has great synergy with the new Black Cleaver and Blade of the Ruined King [along with a lot of other season 3 verions of items with less wasted stats]. The new jungle making early ganks a bigger risk will also give him a lot more control and the ability to play aggressively in lane like he was designed to.

He hasn't been nerf, because though powerful...The current meta he still isn't as good a pick as a lot of other tops and unlike them, he doesn't bounce back as well as a lot of other tops can when advantage is lost. He is one of the few champs that can be denied their resource, which wouldn't be that bad if it weren't so deeply woven into his kit. When losing advantage it's a lot harder for him to keep his damage relevant than some champions and utilizing his skills well pushes the lane.

All that aside, he is the flagship rage champion who has the worst generation of it. It's arguable that his dependence on it also gives him the worst use of it. That and his ultimate is horrible! Outside of the health gain, it is a glorified and worst scaling version of Dr. Mundo's burning agony...Which barely every scales if we are being realistic.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a rebalance in season 3, but he will also need some love in a few areas. Realistically, if you search the forums...You will find more posts about him needing not so minor buffs over posts requesting nerfs.

Wizard33

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
Why nerf someone who doesn't do much damage after you build one armor item
In my play style I don't pay very much attention to defence but focus on AP,HP,Mana,and Movement

KobaltKode

11-21-2012

Quote:
In my play style I don't pay very much attention to defence but focus on AP,HP,Mana,and Movement
Swap a Hard AP item for Zhonya's Hourglass and have your support build Aegis...Proceed to laugh in his face!

Tsabo

11-21-2012

wat, actually the crocodile is on the UP side.

Quote:
Hope you don't face Rengar, Talon or Mantheon.

vVvMagwai

11-21-2012

Renekton needs the same treatment that garen got, balancing him a bit to up his late game at the cost of slightly reducing his early game. Right now he is a total boss in early game.

vVvMagwai

11-21-2012

Also...

Quote:
focus on AP,HP,Mana,and Movement

Mana...

Renekton doesnt use mana...

Wizard33

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebum View Post
Also...

focus on AP,HP,Mana,and Movement

Mana...

Renekton doesnt use mana...
I'm not Renekton I'm fighting him