Nami, the Tidecaller Revealed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sparkle Hunter

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xesante View Post
Great champ. Glad you guys made a support, unfortunately you can never please everyone, there will probably be some group of angry people, be it about too "feminized" champs or lack of a type of champs, etc. People always have the capacity to complain.
More people I feel are complaining about her similarities to Naga Siren -_-
Okay, so we have an agility carry and, above all else, a siren (which technically is supposed to be a bird-like creature anyway, so technically it draws more from the "naga" theme). This opposed to a support champion from a totally different game and is clearly a mermaid. I personally don't see any similarities between to two except for the fact that they're ocean dwellers in an MOBA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Dota or anything (I love both games), but I'm just tired of hearing these comparisons.

r i

11-22-2012

inb4 played mid

Kemba Walker

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTěNITE View Post
Need a sand/desert mage that uses sand. Then we can have a beach party! Nami, Ziggs, Sandman..
Gaarapls

WarlockAndLoaded

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangbrittany View Post
More people I feel are complaining about her similarities to Naga Siren -_-
Okay, so we have an agility carry and, above all else, a siren (which technically is supposed to be a bird-like creature anyway, so technically it draws more from the "naga" theme). This opposed to a support champion from a totally different game and is clearly a mermaid. I personally don't see any similarities between to two except for the fact that they're ocean dwellers in an MOBA. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on Dota or anything (I love both games), but I'm just tired of hearing these comparisons.
Harpies are the bird like creatures. Sirens were the monsters that drew sailors to their death by singing. So they were mermaids.

MARCANDRE

11-22-2012

looks like she is a secret agent fish holding a pistol in the last picture o:

Xetroff

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chikalamato View Post
Harpies are the bird like creatures. Sirens were the monsters that drew sailors to their death by singing. So they were mermaids.

Omg, idiots like you should read before speaking, sirens were HALF WOMAN HALF BIRD. Mermaids were half woman half fish. Sirens are similar to Mermaids for they both kill sailors with their songs, however Mermaids will drown the sailors where sirens will sing the sailors into rocks and crash them.

Please look up something before you speak.

WarlockAndLoaded

11-22-2012

I just looked up The Naga siren thing... HOW ARE YOU PEOPLE COMPARING THEM!?! NONE of their moves are in any way the same... OTHER than the fact it is coming from a mermaid and is water based. Naga siren is more like a shaco or something... PLease stop comparing things that are nothing alike

Vinterheim

11-22-2012

oh but people will keep trying to compare them for the sake of anoying others.

Nightdancer ND

11-22-2012

She looks cool.

btw. Tap two target Merfolk you control: draw a card...

WarlockAndLoaded

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND View Post
She looks cool.

btw. Tap two target Merfolk you control: draw a card...
Elvish Bard attacks along with 30 elf tokens. I win