Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

eternum nocturne - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Para

11-26-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
we're going to spend some time on the voice clarity issue after the weekend and see what needs to be done there.
as for the emote audio issue, my suspicion is the same as yours—we'll look into that as well.

Did any of this change in the new PBE patch?

Riot DudeBro

VFX Artist

11-26-2012

I addressed a few bugs with Nocturne that I think made it to PBE, I'll be watching this thread to see what you guys find/think

Para

11-26-2012

While the new blackhole effect is nice.. i still think some kind of cyber red crisscrossing lasers should be trailing nocturne when he uses his ultimate just for that "sexy sci-fi" effect.

Lukiner

11-27-2012

it's only me or now his blades stretch/open slightly when he moves around? or he was doing this whole time but I didn't realized this (yes I would love to see his armblades open whole time ;p)

564978 (http://i.imgur.com/mU8y4.jpg)
http://i.imgur.com/mU8y4.jpg

@edit
his black hole particles when he use his ult now make it look better ;p if he only do special sound when he dash to his prey/target

Frost Wolf EU

11-27-2012

if we compare nocturne and kha zix skin... kha skin have much more differences... make something more special for this "legendary" skin u make it riot... new price for better skin 1350 - now u have to make much much better legendary skins

Somanous

Recruiter

11-27-2012

I think the skin is beautiful and the detail in it is great, but it wasn't what I was expecting. As a big Nocturne lover and a fan of playing him, I have all kinds of ideas on how the skin could be improved.

As seen on the teaser for Eternum Nocturne, it says "Beyond Space and Time" in the title as well as that he "tears through space and time" yet so far in the skin there really isn't much related to space and time, at least you wouldn't think there was on first glance unless you saw the name. I've said it before and I will say it again, this skin needs more "wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff".

So let's start with looks. While we are used to Nocturne not really having a tail since he is a ghost, this skin is legendary since it is supposed to completely change his style more or less as many legendary skins do. So having a physical tail is one of them. I'm not completely against it, but it is too large compared to his body. I would thin it out a bit and maybe shorten it just a little. Should be sleeker. Just makes more sense since he is supposed to be an assassin. Either that or make his shoulder pads larger and more decorated. They look too small and plain right now. Let's get some spike action going.

A big complaint among the community in regards to the skin is that he looks much more robotic than a being of time and space. Just put some more time and space relation into the appearance somehow and I am happy. Right now on the PBE, there were some particle updates to his ultimate that distorted the space around him during the duration of it though towards the end the particles are not easily noticed and probably wouldn't be during intense game play/team fights, though adding them passively to the skin would give it a little extra constant time and space "umph".

Abilities now.

The current state of Duskbringer (Q) is pretty awesome, I have no problems with it really except for the trail though I don't know what I would do to change it. Moving on.

Shroud of Darkness (W) is a spell shield, but it doesn't look like anything special. It would be cool if it was a spell shield that was form fitting to his figure. Wrap around him you know? Or change his body as we see in the beginning of his taunt. Would just be a way to make it different. Perhaps when it absorbs an ability, give him an extra effect with the AS boost, distortion around him maybe? Yes, I like distortion. It is in the ult, but I don't think it is noticeable enough after the "jump".

Unspeakable Horror (E) isn't bad in it's current state either. It isn't as flashy as the cast for Duskbringer, but still pretty awesome.

Paranoia (R) was disappointing when the skin was first shown on the PBE and still slightly is with the changes added to it. Pretty much, he casts it, the screen goes black for everyone just like it used to, except a noticeable black hole-like particle appears swirling around him, then he dashes to the target while spinning, hits them, and keeps a barely noticeable distortion around him. I have a few ideas of how this ability could be made legendary. First idea, continue with the distortion, give the current after distortion to him passively, its a small amount, make it much larger and noticeable with his ultimate active though as it is when he casts it. Second, distortion around the whole screen. We've seen Lux's Lucent Singularity (her AoE slow) and how it distorts the area around it, almost sucking it into its center point, as well as the screen distortion at the end of a match when a Nexus explodes. Make that happen during his ult instead of just darkening the edges. Would be pretty awesome. And instead of him flying across the map to the target, what if he actually tore space and time with his claws, and jumped into a hole torn in front of him which appears at his target and he comes out of it near them and hits them. Doesn't have to be right next to the target, just some worm hole fun going on would be sweet and very time and space related. Would also keep him true to the teaser! Though if not tearing up time and space, I do like what previous people have said about the sound effects similar to those in the Transformers clips.

Also, sounds. Some of what he says is still hard to understand. I am not sure what he currently says at the beginning of his Ult, though it sounds like "Oblivion". Again, not sure because it isn't clear. Love the emotes though. His dance and joke are some of my favorites out of all champions.

And just to go back to his visual appearance, I saved what I think is the most important part for last. Since a lot of people compare his color scheme to that of Battlecast Cho and the other mechs (black/dark grey with red) simply change the red particles on his skin and abilities to a light blue. Not only does blue seem more of a spacey color, it would distinguish him from them as well as fit the overall theme of Nocturne better. We see blue colors present in quite a few of his skins and honestly it has that chilling creepy feel to it. Think that would just be one awesome change. Or even a purple-ish, though blue might look better. The designers should just play around with the colors and compare the blue to red and they might be pleasantly surprised.

If the skin was a theme and included an icon/banner I would definitely pay full price for it with some extra tweaks to what he currently is on the PBE.

Thanks for the time to read this and keep up the awesome work!

Edit: Another possible passive visual effect which would be completely rad and tie in with the skin's theme of space and time would be if he was trailed by faded images of himself. If you have played WoW or know how the Ethereal moved in it, that is kinda the effect I am talking about. Just snapshots of his past movements which trail slightly behind him, are transparent, and quickly fade away.

BlueWallpaper

11-27-2012

the most epic thing about noc is clearly his ulti. cool for so many reasons, including the epic 'darknesssss'. the new ulti sound is clearly not as epic, how could it be, but it's good..... except, i've seen it like ten times and it's absolutely inpossible to make out what he says. it's a little too raspy and evily. i've seen a couple of people suggest 'oblivion'. although the right number of syllables it just doesn't seen to fit.

I Matrix I

11-27-2012

love it

iSMoKeDieSeL

11-27-2012

I think you guys did an amazing job on eternum nocturne but we all obviously have our five cents to put into it.

This skin is amazing, the armor shines and glimmers making all other skins look less detailed, i love the whole red light effects, really sweet. Personal don't like blade size should be more epic, larger = better. The tail can also use some work, kinda big.

Umbra Blades: Okay this lacks change, it looks exactly the same as the orginal nocturne. You guys put so much work and effort into the details, really would be ashame if you guys left this exactly the same as the orginal. Zero change.

Duskbringer: effect looks sexy and hypes the characters status of a higher being, just looks epic.

Shroud of Darkness: i don't like it, looks like a normal spell shield and no real effect change here, same thing as the orginal skin.

Unspeakable Horror: I love ur idea of making this spell phase the character out during his hold, it truly speaks as if you were teleporting that character into another plain of existence, but you guys should change the little fear thing that pops on characters, not sure exactly what to make it look like but shouldn't look the same as the orginal.

Paranoia: Exactly the same as the orginal cept instead of him tossing himself at the person you select, he spins to em and you see a little vortex forming when paranoia is cast. If anything i like the orginal one better, least you hear him say "DARKNESS".

Give this an 8/10. add an effect to his "Umbra blades" and change the little icon that pops after you phase that character out with "Unspeakable horror".

Darklarik

11-28-2012

Quote:
Lukiner:
it's only me or now his blades stretch/open slightly when he moves around? or he was doing this whole time but I didn't realized this (yes I would love to see his armblades open whole time ;p)

564978 (http://i.imgur.com/mU8y4.jpg)
http://i.imgur.com/mU8y4.jpg

@edit
his black hole particles when he use his ult now make it look better ;p if he only do special sound when he dash to his prey/target

Personally, i think the blades should be popped out when his passive is active. When it isnt (CD), it should sheath itself.

Also, they need to give him a new spelleffect for blocking a spell.

Also need to re-do his Art so he dosent look like he is smiling.
And give him more armor so he dosent look pathetic, hes so skinny he has a turkey neck.

And then there is the gungan ears....