Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

eternum nocturne - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ravechaosknight

11-21-2012

Hmmm, bug wise I think there is something up with his Q. It would fade in and out for a second when the projectile hit an enemy. This only seemed to happen when it connected on the edge of my vision/fog of war.

W seemed to work perfectly.

E - I think the recent fix to Fear on jungle creeps did something to how it works on Champs(or maybe just AI). It worked as intended on the Jungle Creeps, but when I used it on the bot I was practicing on he (WW bot) would just stand there when the leash popped for the Fear instead of roaming around.

R worked as intended.

Visual Feedback-

Q - I concur with some of the feedback here it seems kinda dull for a potential legendary. The projectile was fine, but there was no awesomeness to his Dusk trail. Maybe just make it copy the glow from his tail and make the edges of the trail black. Instead of that muddy red that is trying to stay true to the other skin trails. This is a legendary, you have the leeway to branch away from the base a little more than an average skin.

W - I like this shield and hope it gets adopted to his other skins.

E - Hmm, it's fine. Not great, but not quite as lack luster as Q's effect. If I were doing it, and if it were possible I would make the outer edges a solid black and the center of the leash that red glow from his tail. But I understand that the effect needs to convey that the link between Noc and his victim is fragile, and my suggestion does nothing for that, lol.

R - Yeah, it needs a special event/visual effect attached to it. His Ult is one of the most recognizable and feared in the game. As long as you keep his signature Daarknesssss! creep factor adding something more "Whoa!" or "Oh ****!" to it shouldn't mess with that feeling.

Overall visually, just scale down the ridiculous lobster tail a bit. Don't change it, just shrink it down wee a bit. I think what's throwing everyone off is that it's as big as Noc, lol.

Sound wise, nerf either his base rasp, or the echo. Right now it all runs together. One of the things I love the most about Noc is his blatant malice and contempt for everything. I'm a terribad player normally(Read: passive/non-aggressive), so listening to him rant about things gives me more confidence to do some more aggressive plays for some reason. ;-;

Hefasto

11-21-2012

eternum nocturne aka mecha kha...nocturne - feedback:

everything looks very good specially I like the Q particles, new attack animations and his dance

BUT

since it's like mecha kha'zix copy/series continuation:
new particles = check

robotic echo sound = check

new dance = check
then I srsly hope that you guys will make him half legendary and set price on 1350 RP same as mecha Kha and dragon Lulu

maybe if you create also summoner banner profile + summoner icon + theme song and loading screen and maybe smth more on his ult it would be totally worth 1850 OR even 75% prize of PFE

DeafDunn

11-22-2012

Killing a Noc with the skin (i was as well) near a nexus, makes the whole area yellow (nexus and the shop), I made my friend kill me near a nexus, same effect. hope this helps!

Mystgan

11-22-2012

I have difficulty understanding what he says during his joke, something about spin2win but no clue exactly what he means.

Arcolyte

Recruiter

11-22-2012

The emotes not having sound, I believe, is that the repeat audio 'lockout' is too long. The animation will finish and then there is an additional 1/3 to 1 full second before he will audibly say anything from an emote. The most obvious being his laugh.

I have a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRs0dSZrsJM) where you can see it, emotes start at about 39 seconds or so in.

My only complaint about the skin is the voice modulation seems a bit heavy and is moderately hard to understand at times.

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-22-2012

Quote:
Arcolyte:
The emotes not having sound, I believe, is that the repeat audio 'lockout' is too long. The animation will finish and then there is an additional 1/3 to 1 full second before he will audibly say anything from an emote. The most obvious being his laugh.

I have a video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRs0dSZrsJM) where you can see it, emotes start at about 39 seconds or so in.

My only complaint about the skin is the voice modulation seems a bit heavy and is moderately hard to understand at times.

we're going to spend some time on the voice clarity issue after the weekend and see what needs to be done there.
as for the emote audio issue, my suspicion is the same as yours—we'll look into that as well.

ShadyElf

11-22-2012

looks like Battlecast Cho with some armor ripped off and legs removed. Also the lack of capitalization is bugging me.

Echorion

11-22-2012

Give him a line for his ultimate! PLEASE!

If you can't bring back "Darrrrknessssss...." because it doesn't fit, then at least give him something new like "Sufffffeeerrrr Eternaaallllyy...."

Arcolyte

Recruiter

11-22-2012

Quote:
ShadyElf:
looks like Battlecast Cho with some armor ripped off and legs removed.

What has been seen...
Quote:
ShadyElf:
Also the lack of capitalization is bugging me.

At least he uses an acceptable level of punctuation.

obligatory, quoted by riot /swoon

One thing would be if his Q trail could be more prominent its wider than the particles appear(unless this is a crystal scar only thing). The circles don't seem to touch at all. Maybe some drippy blood on people afflicted and from noc himself(all the time, although that might get out of control with the extra particles).

Also if his Fear could be made a tad more obvious(possibly just lighting on crystal scar) it is kind of hard to see that it is on. Possibly just a color change. Also WHILE feared the person should have a distortion field around them like lux's E or Kassadins Q would add a "time dilation" look to it.

I think the ultimate fix to the occasional weirdness for his tail(most obvious when ulting or quick turns) is probably unfeasible for this release, but maybe down the road or on a different champion. Make his tail a separate model ala 'pix' specifically the dragon tamer skin, since pix is always dragging behind the person he/she/it is on, and has their own animations. obviously the separate tail would have to be tethered closer to the Noc frame.

Tenebrae Corvus

11-22-2012

After seeing a teaser of the skin I have to admit that I'm a little let down. Sure, the skin is currently unfinished but what was shown doesn't look that great. In fact, the small blades and thick tail of the skin reminds of a metal lobster more than a deadly robot. Maybe a rocket engine like the Rocketeer Nocturne skin idea would've been a better choice.

The blades really seem too small, especially due to his long fingers. Besides, the small frame of his body makes him look rather fragile. Wider shoulders and a more sturdy body could make him look more powerful without feeling heavy and slow. Overall, I don't see the idea of a specialized assassin machine clearly. Instead he appears as a little raptor that would be deadly; if only he were bigger.

The particles probably aren't final. Still, the trail left by Duskbringer looks like a red version of his classic one and Paranoia really needs something impactful. Moreover, while Nocturne is over the Duskbringer trail his body could light up or change, as in evolve a little, to better show the buff. Of course, an evolving model would be great.

The auto-attack animation look weak, as if he's just passing the blades through the enemy instead of viscerally slicing them. Addiiontally, the classic ability animations are alright but, as a whole, his animations don't looks lethal and artificial; as if they belong to an efficient assassin machine.

One last point, actually the skin doesn't seem really legendary. It has a new voice over, particles and model but it doesn't stand up to the quality of Battlecast Prime Cho'Gath; particularly important as it follows the theme. Besides, Mecha Kha'Zix also feels superior due to its evolving model. Maybe new ability animations are out of the question but the skin, as it stands, doesn't feel truly legendary.