is xin a little too strong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

11-21-2012

i just played a game as kahzix, whom i thought was the best 1v1 champ in the game, due to his q, but their team had a xin, who really outlaned noc, and got pretty fed, so i built armor, 250 to be exact

i see him trying to take our alter, so i leap in, q/w then exhaust/ignite him....he attacked me 3 times and ulted me away, killing me..he had a last whisper but i still dont see how i could have been 4 shotted with 250 armor and 3000 hp..and he barely took any damage..maybe 33%

when i see xin on summoners rift, they never really dominate, and i know thats what this game is balanced around, but it really takes the fun off when a xin is in every other twisted match, gets 2 waves of farm and owns

obviously he isnt getting nerfed as he isnt super useful in 5v5, so how do i get around all these people on easy mode, and dont say build armor,

Keitterman

11-21-2012

no xin is not too strong, Kaz is an AD assassin, and Xin (should be build) AD bruiser, Bruisers > assassins

Technician Tim

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
no xin is not too strong, Kaz is an AD assassin, and Xin (should be build) AD bruiser, Bruisers > assassins
firsst off, i had a very bruiser build (250 armor, 3k hp, did u even read before u downvoted?), due to base damage i dont see the point in 300 ad on kaz, also you made half my point for me, xin is a bruiser, why can he assassinate...

Cretinok

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcharles07 View Post
i just played a game as kahzix, whom i thought was the best 1v1 champ in the game
I think that spot belongs to Jax.

Technician Tim

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretinok View Post
I think that spot belongs to Jax.
he is strong in that area, but i dont think hes the best, kaz is designed to kill solo targets, i feel like jax is more of a skirmish man

MarineRevenge

11-21-2012

The xin zhao in question had Double PD / IE / Last Whisper / Frozen Mallet and ignite.

That in no way is a 'low damage build' its actually rather glass cannon.

You had armor sure but you didnt have any damage (a single damage item at almost 40 minutes) and xin zhao scales much harder then kha zix does due to their kits.

Xin did and should win that fight. Nothing is wrong here.

xJLx MCHammer

11-21-2012

Quote:
he is strong in that area, but i dont think hes the best, kaz is designed to kill solo targets, i feel like jax is more of a skirmish man
Lol, no. Jax, Olaf, and Yorick dominate most top laners.

Togekiss24

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitterman View Post
Actually Xin is a bruiser assassin, made to do most of his damage through his strong burst. He is kind of scary in this regard as his gap-closer and knock-up make it difficult to escape from him once he has you.

To the OP: I can't understand why you thought you were a match to Xin early game. Khazix's only means of sustain is through his spikes, while Xin has passive sustain through every autoattack. He is a much better 1v1 champ by comparison.

In regards to his strength, he sure as hell isn't strong against CC, and like most champions with great early games, he falls off late, not to mention he has very few escape options.

I think the problem here is that you just didn't know how to prepare against him.

Zombiemaster

11-21-2012

Quote:
It's true that Kha'Zix was designed to kill solo targets, but 1.)those targets are intended to be carries, not bruisers 2.) your build will not accomplish that at all. Plus, while Kha'Zix was designed for assassinating lone carries, Jax was designed to beat pretty much anyone in a 1v1 duel.

As for Xin, with Last Whisper and masteries, he has 46% armor pen, but anyone AD can have that. The only thing Xin has extra is 15% armor reduction.

Rampant Poncho

11-21-2012

1. The game in question was a 3v3 game and not 5v5 where the champion balance is taken into account.
2. Based on both yours and Xin's build from that game, you winning would have either signified an incredibly bad Xin, that Xin is extremely underpowered, or that Kha is extremely overpowered. (none of which are really true since he did and should have won that battle without a problem.)
3. Xin is an assassin. He can build semi-bruiser but he's not a true bruiser.

If you're sick of getting dominated by Xin players on the TT then I would suggest playing SR. If that's not an option for you, get a team together and ban him on ranked games. If neither of those are options...good luck because nothing is going to change