Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MMKH

11-22-2012

Good sale or no sale please.

Rovos

11-22-2012

Please make it so that I can throw down 5 dollars on my card and have this sent to my friend's email address or link it maybe?

Fanderey

11-22-2012

Wow, it seems like we have a lot of Grinches in the LoL community. It's disappointing that so many people are only interested in what they can get for themselves, and don't seem to understand the concept of a gift.

Personally I think it's much nicer to give a tangible gift that was bought in a store, and if the bundled champions were "better" then we wouldn't be getting it for $5. To a new person, a bunch of champions is more exciting than one or two.

I've been wanting to introduce LoL to a bunch of my friends, but a simple conversation doesn't always work and people get busy and forget to check it out. I feel like this bundle will encourage those people to actually log on and give LoL a serious try, and that itself is worth $5 to me. The fact that my friends will outgrow the bundle almost immediately isn't really important, and I actually think it's smart that the tutorial champions are included in the pack. Whatever makes the noobs more comfortable is a good thing imo!

Ankokukai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Champs that are on the Free Week rotation almost always?
no thx

CaptainTeemo3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

XD why so many dislikes

Elodin

11-22-2012

I hate the new people who are calling the shots on Riot's sales and pricing.

This deal is awful, easy to acquire champion selection and one of the cheapest skins in the game with a throw away IP boost.

Woohoo.

Yeah the XP boost is better, but XP boosts aren't even worth buying because they put you against bigger fish before you're ready.

Supernobode

11-22-2012

Great initiative... but for NA
Why not implementing it to major European retailers as well?

Insight

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanderey View Post
Wow, it seems like we have a lot of Grinches in the LoL community. It's disappointing that so many people are only interested in what they can get for themselves, and don't seem to understand the concept of a gift.
I completely agree, I'm really glad I'm not the only one with this opinion. It really bugs me that people are so self-centred that they aren't willing to drop $5 (Really? That's less than a subway) to introduce a friend to this awesome game.

Believe me, your friends will want to start with basic champions, much like you probably did. This is for NEW summoners and it's a very, very small price to pay. Not to mention and IP boost and XP boost to kick-start their league. And for those complaining about the additional skin... -.- I have nothing to say.

Riot this is good idea!

Void2258

11-22-2012

still waiting for in game gifting system. You'll note you have to go out and buy these for people physically, since there is no way to do it inside the game.

Judgesin

11-22-2012

THe picture is actually pretty accurate.

see the sign behind amumu?

"REject"