Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KimTaeHwa

11-27-2012

I personally think double EXP is never a good idea, makes more bad lv 30s

Sullane

11-27-2012

It feels like this move by Riot is insulting my intelligence. Boosts for someone to start with? The way the game treats new players means they probably won't even use it for any reason other than not to squander their friend's money. Yi skin? Nobody even plays Yi. 5 450 champions? That are on free week every other week anyway? No. I would buy this all for two dollars at most.

Dimetre

11-27-2012

Why is this being viewed as such a terrible idea? My best friend just started, he's all of level two, and if I dumped $5 bucks for five champs he'd be stoked at all the potential, and likely love the boosts. It would let him feel out some easy champs and the basics of most roles for what is essentially a dollar per champ.

I'm aware that there may not be some of the best (yi) champs in here. Will he know? Nope, he'll be excited, happy, and probably having -fun-. Remember that thing this game is about? Fun? Yeah. For five bucks I'll save him 2250 IP towards a new champ he does want, which is nice since he, like other people, can be pressed for time. The negativity from most in this thread is astonishingly high. This is a good, cheap way to make a friend who's new pretty happy. Yes it would have been nice if Riot made something for the rest of us, but all things considered, that doesn't make what they did put out bad at all.

I know I'm personally going to be picking one of these up after work today. It's a great idea, Riot, and I really believe that despite the downvotes it's just a vocal minority, keep up with the good ideas.

cptasparagus

11-27-2012

Do they expire?

ADeadManatee

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corruptors View Post
Not close to worth it..
I beg to differ.
Five dollars is pocket-change even to jobless full-time students like myself, it provides 5 champions, that, although inexpensive, are incredibly easy to play and guarantee a positive early level experience for whomever's soul you're trying to steal.

In addition, the IP and XP boosts respectively are "worth" a couple of dollars themselves and will provide easy coasting to ignite, flash, and "baby's first 1350+ champion".
You also get a Yi skin. Newbs love Yi skins.

Tl;dr Buying this for a friend is much better than hoping they can play a free week champion adequately and enjoy them enough to keep playing.

Shylocke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

$5 is really not much at all. Winter break is coming up for some of my college buddies that are just getting into the game, I'll probably pick up one of these for them, it can really get them started a lot faster when they have the free time

Angry juju

11-27-2012

The XP boost cuts short the number of bot games that the new player can play, and why is the IP boost only one day? It should be 10 wins at least.

Anub323

11-27-2012

LOL 5 - 450 champs.... The boosts are a nice though. Still kind of silly since these 450 champs are free every week and exp boosts seems like a waste since you really dont want to speedboost these new players to high lvl play so early.

I won't be purchasing this LoL pack but GL HF to those that do....

Anub323

11-27-2012

LOLOL 5 - 450 champs that are free every week.... Boosts are nice though. Good one Riot.

CL Lolshock

11-27-2012

I think this bundle should be like $8 and include 975 RP so the new players can either get a skin of choice, or a new champion. But to avoid exploitation, it would only be applicable if you were under level 10.