Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wheeind

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamity Gundam View Post
Give the gift of Demaciaaaaaaaaa!

To all the whiners out there:
Garen - is a great top. Used to be 3150 IP for the longest time
Ryze - Great mid
Annie and Ashe - Situational but good carries to learn with
Yi - even with wuju style he is outclassed currently

It's a decent deal for $5, although they could have included longer boosts or a support+jungle champ
To be fair it's not really possible to jungle at level 10< but I -do- think Nunu should be in the bundle as a support/jungle option.

HadesStreet

11-26-2012

They should have added at least one champion with a moderate skill curve. Most of these are as easy to counter as they are to play.

Druidok

11-26-2012

and, when the sale to mexico

MalakitheFallen

11-26-2012

to be fair the cost of just the things you can not buy with IP is 1200 RP. $5 only gets 650. Do the math. thats not including the champs. ^_^

MechaKitten

11-26-2012

I thought you would be able to give some of your own personal champs, skins, or IP to a new player to help them along.

CaptnKarnage

11-27-2012

does it give a refer a friend?(rewards)

Rekbladez

11-27-2012

Should have 1 champion of each role for a starter pack :P, include Nunu instead of one of the AP Mids, oh well it still isn't great for $5 anyways.

Stakhanov

11-27-2012

What the hell are people expecting for $5??? It is a fine deal for 5 bucks, if you want to give your friend a gift that gives a huge variety of champions that they wont grow out of within a few days of playing....buy them the champ bundles/digi collectors pack/gamer's choice pack. Buy them an RP card...whatever. This is a decent option for someone who is mildly interested in LoL and gives them a bit of a boost at the start. Yes you can earn those champs pretty fast, but this way they wont need to spend IP on them (450 IP is still around 4 games played) and save up for a better champ faster etc. For someone who is truly new to the game I see nothing wrong with this at all.

I really don't understand what people are expecting for $5...

MzPsychosis

11-27-2012

I havent been playing long, and already those Champions seem like regulars. Can't you offer another pack with different Champions? Maybe a $10 option? I think for $5 that's not bad at all, but there are some of us competing with, and trying to draw in WoW players. ^.^

MiltonSnail

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stakhanov View Post
What the hell are people expecting for $5??? It is a fine deal for 5 bucks, if you want to give your friend a gift that gives a huge variety of champions that they wont grow out of within a few days of playing....buy them the champ bundles/digi collectors pack/gamer's choice pack. Buy them an RP card...whatever. This is a decent option for someone who is mildly interested in LoL and gives them a bit of a boost at the start. Yes you can earn those champs pretty fast, but this way they wont need to spend IP on them (450 IP is still around 4 games played) and save up for a better champ faster etc. For someone who is truly new to the game I see nothing wrong with this at all.

I really don't understand what people are expecting for $5...
Agreed.

At the time of writing this, RP is being sold for 650RP/$5 - 15000RP/$100, meaning that you get 130 - 150 RP per dollar.

That means champs being sold at 260RP cost at least $1.73 each.

5 champions at $1.73 = $8.65. For the champs alone, you are saving $3.65.

Throw in a 390RP skin (costing at least $2.60), and you save $6.25.

Throw in a 290RP IP boost (costing at least $1.93) and you save $8.18

Throw in a 520RP XP boost (costing at least $3.47) and you save $11.65

IDK about everyone complaining about this bundle, but when someone hands me a $10 bill, I take it, hahah.

Not to mention, these figures are assuming that you've spent a ton of cash, getting the best value for RP. Spending the least amount of money for 2500 RP worth of items, you would need to spend at least $20. There's even more value when looking at it that way!