Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wheeind

11-26-2012

Quote:
Calamity Gundam:
Give the gift of Demaciaaaaaaaaa!

To all the whiners out there:
Garen - is a great top. Used to be 3150 IP for the longest time
Ryze - Great mid
Annie and Ashe - Situational but good carries to learn with
Yi - even with wuju style he is outclassed currently

It's a decent deal for $5, although they could have included longer boosts or a support+jungle champ

To be fair it's not really possible to jungle at level 10< but I -do- think Nunu should be in the bundle as a support/jungle option.

HadesStreet

11-26-2012

They should have added at least one champion with a moderate skill curve. Most of these are as easy to counter as they are to play.

Druidok

11-26-2012

and, when the sale to mexico

MalakitheFallen

11-26-2012

to be fair the cost of just the things you can not buy with IP is 1200 RP. $5 only gets 650. Do the math. thats not including the champs. ^_^

MechaKitten

11-27-2012

I thought you would be able to give some of your own personal champs, skins, or IP to a new player to help them along.

CaptnKarnage

Recruiter

11-27-2012

does it give a refer a friend?(rewards)

Rekbladez

11-27-2012

Should have 1 champion of each role for a starter pack :P, include Nunu instead of one of the AP Mids, oh well it still isn't great for $5 anyways.

Stakhanov

11-27-2012

What the hell are people expecting for $5??? It is a fine deal for 5 bucks, if you want to give your friend a gift that gives a huge variety of champions that they wont grow out of within a few days of playing....buy them the champ bundles/digi collectors pack/gamer's choice pack. Buy them an RP card...whatever. This is a decent option for someone who is mildly interested in LoL and gives them a bit of a boost at the start. Yes you can earn those champs pretty fast, but this way they wont need to spend IP on them (450 IP is still around 4 games played) and save up for a better champ faster etc. For someone who is truly new to the game I see nothing wrong with this at all.

I really don't understand what people are expecting for $5...

MzPsychosis

11-27-2012

I havent been playing long, and already those Champions seem like regulars. Can't you offer another pack with different Champions? Maybe a $10 option? I think for $5 that's not bad at all, but there are some of us competing with, and trying to draw in WoW players. ^.^

MiltonSnail

11-27-2012

Quote:
Stakhanov:
What the hell are people expecting for $5??? It is a fine deal for 5 bucks, if you want to give your friend a gift that gives a huge variety of champions that they wont grow out of within a few days of playing....buy them the champ bundles/digi collectors pack/gamer's choice pack. Buy them an RP card...whatever. This is a decent option for someone who is mildly interested in LoL and gives them a bit of a boost at the start. Yes you can earn those champs pretty fast, but this way they wont need to spend IP on them (450 IP is still around 4 games played) and save up for a better champ faster etc. For someone who is truly new to the game I see nothing wrong with this at all.

I really don't understand what people are expecting for $5...

Agreed.

At the time of writing this, RP is being sold for 650RP/$5 - 15000RP/$100, meaning that you get 130 - 150 RP per dollar.

That means champs being sold at 260RP cost at least $1.73 each.

5 champions at $1.73 = $8.65. For the champs alone, you are saving $3.65.

Throw in a 390RP skin (costing at least $2.60), and you save $6.25.

Throw in a 290RP IP boost (costing at least $1.93) and you save $8.18

Throw in a 520RP XP boost (costing at least $3.47) and you save $11.65

IDK about everyone complaining about this bundle, but when someone hands me a $10 bill, I take it, hahah.

Not to mention, these figures are assuming that you've spent a ton of cash, getting the best value for RP. Spending the least amount of money for 2500 RP worth of items, you would need to spend at least $20. There's even more value when looking at it that way!