Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MTheGathering

11-26-2012

all i got to say is pinapple popsiclas and marshmellow ducks! XD
have an awsome holiday season guys and hope u all enjoy the awsomnesses!

Shyone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Shocked Riot didn't have the starter gift pack give new players 2250 IP and 7 day XP boost instead. Would give new plays a wider choice of champions to pick from. That would be a legendary starter pack to give someone. They could pick five of the 450 champions if the so choice, or two 1350, or one 1350 + three 450 champions, or they could save up for a 3150/4800/6300 champion.

My guess is Riot don't want people creating smurf accounts, but if someone is willing to pay $5 for the extra IP at the start, let them. If Riot worried about people abusing the recruit a friend by creating smurf account because of the extra XP boost. Just don't let Starter Packs count towards the recruit a friend option. (It takes 10 friends at level 10 to gain 975RP, not worth it)

Over all though the starter pack is still a nice deal for a gift to someone that is starting out. Saves them 2250 IP and 810 RP. $5 of RP is 650 RP. The starter pack is a starter pack. (Refer them, then you get your reward if you want something out of it)

Iconoclastt

11-26-2012

While it's not the best deal ever I still think it's valuable and I know someone that I would like to give this to; however, I am not going to go purchase it at a store. Can you please make it available to purchase and give online, similar to how Steam gifts items.

iDowngrade

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyone View Post
Shocked Riot didn't have the starter gift pack give new players 2250 IP and 7 day XP boost instead. Would give new plays a wider choice of champions to pick from. They could pick five of the 450 champions if the so choice, or two 1350, or one 1350 + three 450 champions, or they could save up for a 3150/4800/6300 champion.

My guess is Riot don't want people creating smurf accounts, but if someone is willing to pay $5 for the extra IP at the start, let them. If Riot worried about people abusing the recruit a friend by creating smurf account because of the extra XP boost. Just don't let Starter Packs count towards the recruit a friend option. (It takes 10 friends at level 10 to gain 975RP, not worth it)
Actually i think riot isnt worried for account smurfing, 5 dollars per smurf, i dont think ppl will even smurf that...

iDowngrade

11-26-2012

Guys, by the way, in surrenderat20 theres a notice that says that Hippalus is kinda planning a "black friday" in january.

iAmTheSx

11-26-2012

This idea sounds very nice, and at a glance it is not bad either. It would have been nicer if they received four lower-cost champions, and one high-cost champion which is chosen at random. That would make gift giving fun especially if I'm planning to buy for more than one person.

xHypNo

11-26-2012

A Pokemon starter pack is better than this ****

PandaReeve

11-26-2012

how can i get it for my friends

Cháncellor

11-26-2012

Im more annoyed at people just expecting Legendary/Legacy Skins to be thrown at them.

Calamity Gundam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Give the gift of Demaciaaaaaaaaa!

To all the whiners out there:
Garen - is a great top. Used to be 3150 IP for the longest time
Ryze - Great mid
Annie and Ashe - Situational but good carries to learn with
Yi - even with wuju style he is outclassed currently

It's a decent deal for $5, although they could have included longer boosts or a support+jungle champ