Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asrael Lanayru

11-26-2012

buy the 5d sorry but I have not got the champion GIFT

Asrael Lanayru

11-26-2012

hola soy un jugador nuevo
me entere de la promocion de startec pack pero compre pero cuando compre los 5 d no obtuve nada podrian solucionar eso

i am a new player
I learned Startec promotion pack but buy but when you buy the 5 d got nothing could fix that

ButtHooker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

LoL has alots of little girl crying over stupid stuff. This pack Is intended for new player, not for u. For 5 buck u can give all that in one gift to a friend. Which Is nice. Cry about this but when It come's to one single skin, u little girl would waste more then 5$ on it. Sad and stupid. If u really like that custom stuff I suggest playing Dota2. In dota u actually get to customize ur character not some **** skin that aren't worth any ****.So next time u LoL little girl start crying over stupid **** at least make sense about It. If u don't like this pack then buy a riot card for ur friend and let him/her decide which champ they want, but then again it's not worth wasting money on this game.

A Wild Gotchie

11-26-2012

Why so many dislikes?

Mysnomer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Punmaster View Post
This community in a nutshell.

Let me ask you a question. What is your incentive when you normally give someone a christmas or birthday gift? Or have you never done that.
It's a natural question. Riot is actively pushing us to advertise for them, but charging us money to do it. It only makes sense to wonder if there's any upside for oneself. In addition, it's not a very good deal (not even for the receiver) so again we come to the question of whether there's any personal gain to balance it out.

When I give someone a gift, I've tailored it to what that person wants. This pack makes no allowance for personal preference other than throwing a handful of champs at you and hoping one sticks. As others have pointed out, most of these champions are on free rotation quite often, and the XP boost actively hurts a newer player. This is a pretty poor "gift" and I'd do a lot better to just sit down and spend some time playing with my friend on a smurf account, teaching them the basics, and maybe just get them some RP with that 5$, that they can spend on what they want.

Chaninway

11-26-2012

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! the fact that they change the title of this post indicates that even riot knew this starter pack was/is not legendary and even they thought it was a complete rip off to pay for this nonsense.

ProfChaos

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysnomer View Post
It's a natural question. Riot is actively pushing us to advertise for them, but charging us money to do it. It only makes sense to wonder if there's any upside for oneself. In addition, it's not a very good deal (not even for the receiver) so again we come to the question of whether there's any personal gain to balance it out.

When I give someone a gift, I've tailored it to what that person wants. This pack makes no allowance for personal preference other than throwing a handful of champs at you and hoping one sticks. As others have pointed out, most of these champions are on free rotation quite often, and the XP boost actively hurts a newer player. This is a pretty poor "gift" and I'd do a lot better to just sit down and spend some time playing with my friend on a smurf account, teaching them the basics, and maybe just get them some RP with that 5$, that they can spend on what they want.
It may not be a great gift (it is only 5 dollars), but expecting something in return for the purchase of a gift to me is not really the spirit of gift giving. People buy things that are way over priced as gifts anyways. It is a marketing strategy done by RIOT here and I don't even think it's all that bad, it's the sense of entitlment that bugs me. I think this particular gift should be an IP boost as opposed to XP due to the hurting new players comment. Personally I would get a new player one of the 20 dollarish champion packs but that's me.

AureliaLights

11-26-2012

Its five dollars people, not twenty or even ten. With $5 normally you'd get a 520rp skin or two of these starter champions, not several starters, a skin and boosts. Its cheap, its not going to be all the best champions in the game. If you think its a rip off the proper reponse is to not buy it. That simple.

Ueber

11-26-2012

I think that owning some champions and having a chance to focus on one or two champions is key to really learning the game. In that sense, this $5 gift makes some sense. But, honestly, there are better ways to attract new players. I think it'd be fair to make a few of the 450 IP champions be unlocked for everyone permanently. Also, dropping the price of the digital collectors pack and removing the "free RP" so that you could buy the bundle of champions for a cool $20 purchase of RP would be pretty sexy.

Triboon

11-26-2012

Could you do like tiers of the gifts?

It could be like the ranking system with the order.

All greater Gifts would also have everything a lesser Gift has.

Like this would be a Bronze Gift with all its stuff.

Next could be a Silver Gift It would contain a 7-day IP boost and a free champion of choosing. Priced at $10.

Next would be a Gold Gift It would contain 1350 RP Priced at $20.

Next would be a Platinum Gift It would contain 450 RP and 14-day IP boost (note: instead of getting 7 day and 14 day IP boost it will just be upgraded to the 14-day IP boost) This would be priced at $30

Next would be a Diamond Gift It would contain 700 RP and 4 free champions of choosing Priced at $40

Oh you think I'm done cause its Diamond? NOOOOOOOO

The ultimate gift you could give a friend is the LEGENDARY GIFT It would contain RE-GIFTED AMUMU SKIN, and of course Amumu too Priced at $50
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would also be cool if you could type in the gifters summoner name so you could get some benefits too

Bronze Gift- 200 RP
Silver Gift- 300 RP
Gold Gift- 700 RP
Platinum Gift- 1350 RP
Diamond Gift- 1800 RP
Legendary Gift- 2000 RP and Re-Gifted Amumu Skin, and Amumu