Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Simna ibn Sind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Would've bought if it included Re-gifted Amumu.

Death Ptoll

11-25-2012

I agree with every one else I mean sure it would be good for some people but really there only 450IP champs I could just teach them how to play and after lile 16 games they would have all those champs. Now I know that the odds of riot listing to me are low but I think you should add in Mundo, Malpite, Sion and a few more 1350IP champs then I would get this pack for my friends. (even maybe add in some mpre cheapie skins.)

SparrowRain

11-25-2012

I was hoping for 6300 champions.. Disappointed

niwhsa9

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeeksNaman View Post
[aws3]news/November_2012/2012_11_21_Starter_Packet/StarterPackArticle.jpg[/aws3]huu????
hhhuuu?
Become a legendary gift-giver this holiday season with the League of Legends Starter Pack. For only $5, this collection of champions, skins, and boosts will introduce your friends and loved ones to your favorite online game. The set includes favorite champions Garen, Ashe, Ryze, Annie, and Master Yi, along with the Assassin Master Yi skin. Your lucky gift recipients will also nab a 1-day IP Boost and a 7-day XP boost to help them reach your level faster. You can pick up Starter Packs at many fine retailers.
thats stupid why waste money

niwhsa9

11-25-2012

U know we all get the f ing point

HeadlessZombie

11-25-2012

The problem with this deal isn't about the RP value of it. There are so many bad reasons why I believe this is a bad deal for beginners.

1) All the champions given are not only the cheapest, but are so outclassed you wouldn't WANT a beginner to get used to these champs. The weekly 10 free champs are almost always going to be better choices then any of these. Not saying they're all terrible champs, but there are better champs that are just as easy to use such as darius, malphite, nunu or teemo.

2) Master Yi? Why on earth would you want a beginner to learn the game under the impression of master yi. He is the least team-based champion in the game basically and will end up teaching all these kids to be lone wolves who only go for kills and don't understand a single strategy of the game.

3) The worst part of the whole deal: a 7 day xp boost. WHAT, WHY!? Why would you even think this is a good idea for a new player at level 1? All this will do is boost them to higher levels faster, where they will have little knowledge of how to play and get smashed by players who have any remote idea of strategy. Not only is this a bad part of this deal, its actually a NEGATIVE item to give a beginner. I can just picture all these level 15 master yi's running around doing as they please while feeding the other team kill after kill. SMART RIOT

4) 1 day IP boost ? Why do you think giving a 7 day xp boost is more beneficial to new players then an ip boost? An ip boost will allow noobies to unlock some new (and decent champions instead of those garbage few) champions and get a better taste of the game. They can actually learn characters that fit their play style and what they find the most fun. Instead, riot opts to boost them to higher levels where they will get stomped. I honestly believe this is purely a financial reason, because giving new players ip boosts will decrease the likelihood of them buying RP in the future. Really getting fed up with riot's greediness lately.

5) Finally, is not the major point of this game that it is free to play!? Why do I need to first buy a $5 card (yes I known it's only $5, that isn't the point here) to get a new summoner to play? Why do I not simply say, "hey friend there's this free to play game that costs absolutely nothing to download, you should try it and I'll help you out!" It just doesn't make any sense. A new player is better of spending this money on just straight RP and buying a champion they will actually like instead of this garbage deal.

Really bad on Riot's part, I understand who they are targeting here and I am not mad because I am a level 30 summoner. I am mad because they are ****ting on the faces of their consumers and really upsetting the community at the same time. Riot just seems to be getting greedier and greedier lately and it's disappointing....

Bearform

11-25-2012

People really cant afford 5 dollars? cheap skates. hell I just bought 1 for a smurf account. I'll support riot anyway I can, well worth it!

Sausagemince

11-25-2012

Good for smurfing

Asrael Lanayru

11-25-2012

puse los 5 d pero no me dieron los champion ni nada

Vangu

11-25-2012

I bought the game when it first came out in stores for full price to support the dev. It's really cheap to get a person in the game if they wouldn't otherwise know about it.

Even if it's not a great deal to us it still reaches out to a lot more people then it would of they didn't sell anything in stores.