Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RyuZero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

I love this thread, it show how bad the community is getting. Perfect example the ****** above my post.^

The damn pack is a starter and even though some folks has point out you can get those champ after a few games, the Ip save from not buying them can now be use to buy a higher priced champion since there are more 1350 and 3150 champ then 450, and WAY more 6300 champ then 450.

Again those 30 player account who is crying get over it

knightrder

11-24-2012

Really 5 champs for 5 dollars it said never said it cost money wow tell us before i click on that

Neoskeleton

11-24-2012

You all must have confused riot with santa claus. This isn't something you have to buy so why are you all making it seem like you got screwed?

Solnaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyuZero View Post
I love this thread, it show how bad the community is getting. Perfect example the ****** above my post.^

The damn pack is a starter and even though some folks has point out you can get those champ after a few games, the Ip save from not buying them can now be use to buy a higher priced champion since there are more 1350 and 3150 champ then 450, and WAY more 6300 champ then 450.

Again those 30 player account who is crying get over it
You make it sound like the community is being irrational in their valuation of this starter pack. The only value in this package is the ip/xp boost; which honestly might very well go to complete waste on the less interested giftees. Though it is true that 5-450ip champs is still 2250 ip, a 6300ip champ only costs between $6.50 and $7.50 or half of that when it's on sale. From a valuation standard, the ip gained from the boost and the champs and skin is at best equivalent to standard pricing. As such, there really is little to no incentive to buying this package since it provides little to no benefit as a "package". I would personally much rather have the option to gift a digital collector's pack or champion bundle for $25-30.

Urf Bender

11-24-2012

I should buy this for myself! I don't own garen, annie, or master yi! XD

Fancy Mallard

11-24-2012

so noobs can get to level 30 and get into ranked queues faster

Labomba

11-24-2012

The boosts are based on "day" expiration instead of "win" expiration, which seems really crumby to expect "new" players to make the most of these boosts. I was considering gifting this to my brother, but I feel like the boosts would be wasted after a single day of trying to show him the ropes and what not in custom games. It would be nice for the boosts to be 10 wins or something.

Also, the champions given are really cheesy. I understand the decision to start them on "easy" champions, but I would say a combination of 3/5 of these champions are "free" every week as it is. It would be COOL if they also received an exciting champion with low difficulty curve as well. Someone like Darius, Morde, Riven, or Shyvana for example.

Knub

Recruiter

11-24-2012

Where is Hippalus with the good deals?

Chaoticmatter

11-24-2012

waste of $5

Haypro

11-24-2012

WHy mexico NO?