Give a Starter Pack to a New Summoner

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xXVayne GodXx

11-22-2012

We can't have noobs leveling up so fast :O. Let them take their time to 30 riot.

KRYPTØNITE

11-22-2012

HAhahahaahahahaaha. Season 3 starter pack includes champs from Season 1 that are not popular. Plus a 1 day IP boost. LMFAO, fire your marketing team and hire me already.

Incomp3tent

11-22-2012

Meh, decent idea

wolfroke

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Plainview View Post
Awesome, it's normally so difficult to play those champions without unlocking them!

And you should not be encouraging people to play Master Yi :|
I like that guy's comment

Zastie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopTryingKid View Post
5$ for five 450 champions?

nty
And a cheap Yi skin, and the boosts. They wouldn't make a bundle if it was actually more expensive..

EnderForHegemon

11-22-2012

That's a lot of content for $5. I approve.

Grandpa Yuriy

11-22-2012

instead of black friday sale?

Malvolent

11-22-2012

This is kinda embarassing....

Devanstator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Riot gets a very big benefit from each of these sales: new player retention. Having a skin (even a mediocre one) and the feeling of a headstart is probably very good incentive for new players to stick around for at least a few weeks, long enough to progress decently along the learning curve and get to the fun parts. This is especially true if these were given as a gift from a personal friend who is there to play the game with you and help you understand it.
I suspect that this entire promotion was designed for precisely that reason and the $5 price tag is probably mainly to prevent it being useful for non-new summoners and to potentially cash in on christmas gifts by people who don't know that it's not worthwhile.

Æther Adept

11-22-2012

Master Yi alone is worth 5 dollars, and is by far the most legendary champion with or without a skin. This is a great gift idea as well as a compliment to the refer a friend program.

Excellent work Riot