Problem with Trundle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LiveVu

11-21-2012

He is great in lane, sucks in team fights.

Why?
- No initiate / Gets Kited
- Has no AOE damage.
- Inability to clear waves

What I propose?
- Make his pillar do additional magic damage damage scaling off of ap (No one builds trundle ap anyways). This small change will significiantly improve this bud's quality of life.

Thank you.

Juggernoob

11-21-2012

He is actually great in team fights, but not because of his damage, but rather is utility. He can tank a ton of damage, and can stick to the carry or mage like no other. He can break up a team with his pillar, and turn a tank into a squishy for a bit

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Hard CC basic move that creates terrain doesn't also need damage

Freerfs

11-22-2012

Trundles pillars do a tank champions job. Thats pretty OP. Plus you can debuff the hell out of AD's and steal the tankiness from the enemy tanks. I can't remember ever losing as Trundle to be honest.

AWildRaticate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Trundle is the god of teamfights... I dunno what you're talking about. You drop a huge AOE AS/MS buff, pillar to separate their team, ult the tank. You can take absurd amounts of damage, dish out absurd amounts of damage, and create havoc with your pillar, scattering the enemy team. At full build I can literally 1 v 3 people with Trundle.

CamaHa

11-22-2012

... Guys, lifestealing 250hp and another 250hp over next 6sec is really irrelevant when ADC can crit once and heal 100-200hp (And it's mag dmg so without MPen it's at least 23% less with base MR).

All trundle got going for him is his pillar. Yeah its cool to steal AD using Q but by the time you try to get to ADC you'll be dead. Yeah it's cool you can steal 25% of resists but fights are not won by killing tanks. His whole kit is kinda lacking...

AWildRaticate

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaHa View Post
... Guys, lifestealing 250hp and another 250hp over next 6sec is really irrelevant when ADC can crit once and heal 100-200hp (And it's mag dmg so without MPen it's at least 23% less with base MR).

All trundle got going for him is his pillar. Yeah its cool to steal AD using Q but by the time you try to get to ADC you'll be dead. Yeah it's cool you can steal 25% of resists but fights are not won by killing tanks. His whole kit is kinda lacking...
As if the AD carry can survive long enough to do that when Trundle gets on him. I think you are ignoring his ridiculous damage and survivability. I generally will be able to blow a carry up with about 4 autos, then start focus the tank while my ult is still in effect and they are squishy.

CamaHa

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildRaticate View Post
As if the AD carry can survive long enough to do that when Trundle gets on him. I think you are ignoring his ridiculous damage and survivability. I generally will be able to blow a carry up with about 4 autos, then start focus the tank while my ult is still in effect and they are squishy.
Let's see... Trundle tries to get to Ez. Uses ult on tank. Puts pillar behind Ez. Ez just arcane shifts away. Trundle is fuked because he's in middle of enemies with ADC running wildly.

Same thing will happen with corki, trist, graves, vayne, caitlyn. If you get varus, ashe, sivir, kog, draven then yeah that strategy can work.

AWildRaticate

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaHa View Post
Let's see... Trundle tries to get to Ez. Uses ult on tank. Puts pillar behind Ez. Ez just arcane shifts away. Trundle is fuked because he's in middle of enemies with ADC running wildly.

Same thing will happen with corki, trist, graves, vayne, caitlyn. If you get varus, ashe, sivir, kog, draven then yeah that strategy can work.
So if Ez runs away just blow up the next nearest squish cannon. AP carry? Dead. Support? Dead. He basically does carry level damage with 4 times as much survivability if you make it to full build.

Vuther

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Hard CC basic move that creates terrain doesn't also need damage
It does 1 true damage to draw turret aggro :-O

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWildRaticate View Post
So if Ez runs away just blow up the next nearest squish cannon. AP carry? Dead. Support? Dead. He basically does carry level damage with 4 times as much survivability if you make it to full build.
Alternately, just hit the tank you ulted who will only be marginally more durable than the rest of his team now.

You may also attempt to use Contaminate to run up to Ezreal entirely and force him to use Arcane Shift at which then you use your pillar.