Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is new TT getting old?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archer Lusk

11-21-2012

Ok so is it just me or is the new map already boring?

I feel like the mindless, 24/7 team fights are no longer fun. (Or were never fun at all for that matter.) I am a huge old TT fan but I figured I would learn and adapt. (Riot has too much pride for this map.) At first it was frustrating but once I learned, it was ok. But that's the problem, its ok. Not really all that exciting.

Don’t get me wrong! This new map looks amazing! Best looking map by far. But the strategy is no longer there. The map is so small it forces possible (But failed) ganks into team fights. That’s all that happens. Make the map bigger! This has caused many players to have the mind set of MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, CHARGE!!!!! A good 70% of people I've played with just want to charge into situations where they have a slight to no chance at a kill. What happened to farming minions, fight when needed, ok now let’s team fight, push, fight some more, then win?

The reason so many people are mad is because it’s too fast of a change. This game is always making changes but when you make so many changes that now it’s a whole new game, people are going to be upset. I'm not a fan of a lot of these changes. Bruisers rule this map. (And Teemo) I feel like mages and assassins got snubbed. Making the walls too thick so a weak champ with a jump can't get away from a super powerful fighter or tank (Daruis, Fiora, Mundo, etc.) is a problem to me. Sure the base wall shouldn't be able to be jumped through but the jungle walls as well? I never play mages anymore on this map. (I'm bitter because they are my best champs.)

The fact that game play is supposed to be faster than old TT is not entirely true. Most of my games have either been around 20-25 minutes or 40-50 minutes. (Had one last 76 minutes yesterday.) The jungle or lack thereof is annoying. I didn't see a need for 3v3 jungler to begin with but I liked having a chance to get away. It's so open. Most likely they saw where you went. I don't really have a problem with the alters except that people will take priority with them instead of helping someone who would have lived with a little help. Some people make them the focus... Annoying.

I have an idea for the alters. I feel like a buff to the whole team is a little excessive. The team with the most control of them usually wins. I think you should make them smaller and the buff works only for the person who is on it or rather the first on to walk on it and to say on it last. You could have a standard buff or have more than one kind of buff. You could make symbols above it, click the one you want (Gold boost, AD boost, or AP boost.) and then hop on. Since it's only for one champ, make the capture time much quicker. It would show red if taken and green when ready to go. Just an idea...

I don't like the removal of some items, add all the items you want but don't take away from my build. I'm sad to see Thornmail and Death Cap go. Teemo is a HUGE problem. with no wards he is op. since he is the only one with a strong, attack type ward, maybe his mushrooms should have longer cool down, be weaker, not last as long, or a combo of any of those. On a side note I feel like lots of the changes were made to benefit fighters and tanks. Make it a fair playing field Riot.

I'm not saying I hate the new map, just saying I like the old one better and the new one needs A LOT of improvements!

Sorry for the long rant.... lol

JustelAJ

11-21-2012

new TT its too bad, I cant understand how Riot changes TT. We should have the option of play new TT and old TT.

Archer Lusk

11-21-2012

It's not horrbile but it needs a lot of improvements. I would like to see old TT as a playable option. I understand they don't want people split between 2 maps but they wouldn't have really had that problem if they had introduced this map under a new name (As a dominion/3v3 hybrid) and kept the old map.

Sh0ckwa1ve

11-21-2012

NEW TT is BAD TT

Waverhouse

11-21-2012

Quote:
Archer Lusk:
It's not horrbile but it needs a lot of improvements. I would like to see old TT as a playable option. I understand they don't want people split between 2 maps but they wouldn't have really had that problem if they had introduced this map under a new name (As a dominion/3v3 hybrid) and kept the old map.

No millions of players isn't enough to support 2 3v3 maps because

Archer Lusk

11-21-2012

Quote:
Waverhouse:
No millions of players isn't enough to support 2 3v3 maps because

I'm not saying they wouldn't but it might make wait times from 20 seconds to a minute become 2 to 3 minutes. I don't have a problem with it at all but Riot seems to. It might be just an excuse... I did say Riot has a lot of pride with this new map...

Creativ Bot

11-21-2012

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

I feel like the mindless, 24/7 team fights are no longer fun.

I miss the laning phase. I don't care for SR because it takes soooo long, but I still like a *BIT* of lanining before it's all roam, gank, rinse & repeat.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

I am a huge old TT fan but I figured I would learn and adapt.

this

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

Don’t get me wrong! This new map looks amazing! Best looking map by far. But the strategy is no longer there. The map is so small it forces possible (But failed) ganks into team fights. That’s all that happens.

this

See first quote & commentary.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

Make the map bigger!

I feel like there should be a bit more length added between the two middle turrets, but what I really would like to see, is a wider jungle with more variation (and I really do hate that speed buff, what's the purpose?). Twisted Treeline isn't very twisted now, it's pretty much Hallway of the Shadow Isles. There's no turns anymore that allow great escapes by tricking your enemies.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

Many players to have the mind set of MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, CHARGE!!!!! A good 70% of people I've played with just want to charge into situations where they have a slight to no chance at a kill. What happened to farming minions, fight when needed, ok now let’s team fight, push, fight some more, then win?

this

(still)

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

The fact that game play is supposed to be faster than old TT is not entirely true.

Completely agree. On average I'd say the majority of my games are longer.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

Most of my games have either been around 20-25 minutes or 40-50 minutes. (Had one last 76 minutes yesterday.)

I've had mostly games in the 30-40 minute range. Unless someone gets a huge advantage early game and the opposing team is extremely demoralized, it could end fast. If they aren't they can still turtleturtleturtle.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

The jungle or lack thereof is annoying. I didn't see a need for 3v3 jungler to begin with but I liked having a chance to get away. It's so open. Most likely they saw where you went. I

I usually end up playing a jungle/roaming champ, but a dedicated jungler seems excessive. Also, like you said, it's easy to assume where you are going, I miss the awesome 'cops & robbers' style plays that were in the original TT. In case you don't understand what I mean is someone could run to a bush at an entrance, from there, 'did they go right or left? Hmm, why would they go towards my base? I'll go right' -Chaser 1, Chaser 2 goes left 'Oh hey I found 'em!' he says. Now the escape artist is in the top middle (between the camps in the patch of brush) and again, he can now go straight past the 2nd camp and go out of jungle, he can go through the brush and go towards the tower, AND THEN IF HE GOES TO THE BUSH TOWARDS THE TOWER HE CAN TAKE IT HOME AND RUN ALL THE WAY AROUND THE BUSH FOR MORE AWESOME JUKES!

Sorry for caps, I got so excited thinking about those big plays.

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

don't really have a problem with the alters except that people will take priority with them instead of helping someone who would have lived with a little help. Some people make them the focus... Annoying.

It gets frusterating when one team mate is so incredibly wrapped up in the alters that they forgets about cs and farm and end up being so underleveled they are useless (except for grabbing alter? catch-22). But hey, you have alter right? Only for 90 seconds while you are down a team mate for 33% of that time. :/

DragonEpico

11-21-2012

Quote:
Archer Lusk:

I feel like the mindless, 24/7 team fights are no longer fun. (Or were never fun at all for that matter.) I am a huge old TT fan but I figured I would learn and adapt. (Riot has too much pride for this map.) At first it was frustrating but once I learned, it was ok. But that's the problem, its ok. Not really all that exciting.

Don’t get me wrong! This new map looks amazing! Best looking map by far. But the strategy is no longer there. The map is so small it forces possible (But failed) ganks into team fights. That’s all that happens. Make the map bigger! This has caused many players to have the mind set of MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, MUST FIGHT, CHARGE!!!!! A good 70% of people I've played with just want to charge into situations where they have a slight to no chance at a kill. What happened to farming minions, fight when needed, ok now let’s team fight, push, fight some more, then win?

The reason so many people are mad is because it’s too fast of a change. This game is always making changes but when you make so many changes that now it’s a whole new game, people are going to be upset. I'm not a fan of a lot of these changes. Bruisers rule this map. (And Teemo) I feel like mages and assassins got snubbed. Making the walls too thick so a weak champ with a jump can't get away from a super powerful fighter or tank (Daruis, Fiora, Mundo, etc.) is a problem to me. Sure the base wall shouldn't be able to be jumped through but the jungle walls as well? I never play mages anymore on this map. (I'm bitter because they are my best champs.)

The fact that game play is supposed to be faster than old TT is not entirely true. Most of my games have either been around 20-25 minutes or 40-50 minutes. (Had one last 76 minutes yesterday.) The jungle or lack thereof is annoying. I didn't see a need for 3v3 jungler to begin with but I liked having a chance to get away. It's so open. Most likely they saw where you went. I don't really have a problem with the alters except that people will take priority with them instead of helping someone who would have lived with a little help. Some people make them the focus... Annoying.

I have an idea for the alters. I feel like a buff to the whole team is a little excessive. The team with the most control of them usually wins. I think you should make them smaller and the buff works only for the person who is on it or rather the first on to walk on it and to say on it last. You could have a standard buff or have more than one kind of buff. You could make symbols above it, click the one you want (Gold boost, AD boost, or AP boost.) and then hop on. Since it's only for one champ, make the capture time much quicker. It would show red if taken and green when ready to go. Just an idea...

I don't like the removal of some items, add all the items you want but don't take away from my build. I'm sad to see Thornmail and Death Cap go. Teemo is a HUGE problem

Sorry for the long rant.... lol

stopped reading there, get an oracle.

Also, if you want slower passed gameplay go to SR.

Weenis Too

11-21-2012

only thing getting old are the bad players coming to TT

Archer Lusk

11-21-2012

I would love to get a reply from Riot on some of my feed back... :/