Noob Junglers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

skumbagsyn

12-27-2012

the odd time i get stuck with jungling in ranked, and i usually go jax. i dont really have many junglers and im by far not the greatest. for me, jax feels kinda awkward at times, maybe because im just not used to jungling, but anyway

can you guys post a list of...easier jungles for solo queue
ty

first time Vayne

12-27-2012

Udyr is a very strong jungler and ganker, and he would be very easy to pick up. Cho'Gath isn't hard. Shyvana and Mundo don't use mana, so you can give your Blues to your mid laner. Amumu needs Blue most of the time, but he's also easy to play, as well as a very powerful standard pick. Can't go wrong with any of them.

shondon

12-27-2012

Skarner, Amumu, and Nunu are 3 junglers that are relatively straight forward to play in my experience. Jax is a very questionable jungle pick in my opinion, simply because Jax needs a steady influx of gold in order to snowball to dominance, junglers generally don't earn more gold than is earned in lanes unless you manage to achieve more than several successful ganks (which is often dependent on chance). If you were to learn any one new jungler, I would recommend Amumu, he is strong since the beginning of season 3 and there is nothing too difficult about playing him correctly besides knowing when is the optimal time to bandage toss and landing it successfully.

playerwinner

Boagster

12-27-2012

I'd disagree with anAmishLady about Udyr. He used to be a top tier jungler, but with the Season 3 changes, he's fallen behind quite a bit. I'd recommend learning Lee Sin, Nocturne or Dr. Mundo. I would agree with shondon on Amumu, except he's such a common ban that it'd be more fruitful to learn someone else first. But having Amumu up your sleeve on the rare chance that he isn't banned is a huge plus.

Agent Of Doom

12-27-2012

I hardly ever jungle as well, but my go to jungler is Elise. You can clear the jungle with a machete and only use 1 health pot and have full life at the end

Blorgorize

12-27-2012

Maokai, Nunu and Pantheon are good junglers I can recommend for you. They all take a different approach so you can find out how to like to jungle the best.

You should pick up Sejunani eventually, the new items synergize very well with her need to stack health for damage.

My jungling for her and Hecarim are unorthodox though, I go 1 / 8 / 21 for bonus gold and mobility, and start with a machete and the crystallized flask. I start wraith camp and smite red, then recall and pop all 3 of my crystal charges and leave when I'm at max life, with all 3 hots still ticking as I clear the wolf and blue camps. This lets me lvl 3 gank top or mid lane.

Most people do not except an early gank anymore, especially with a jungler having 380+ MS without boots.

Fate000

12-27-2012

Shyvana is a very easy noob jungler - I've been jungling w/o runes with her and succeeding (just get a leash for red). She is also very good at invading after you learn her.
The only downside is lack of ganking power, but red fixes that!

Nocturne I also stongly recommend, but he's much harder.

Granny Sex Lord

12-27-2012

leblanc

Omaha Ohana

12-27-2012

Lee Sin.

gg