This elo system is a failure

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Caid KillZ

12-04-2012

This game has the most complicated online ranked system ever. There are A LOT of cry babys in it, ragers, leavers, trolls, and literal morons. The tribunal is abused every chance someone gets. No in game voice means that emotions are to be read off of a screen rather than heard and interpreted as they should be (idk how many times I have had to apologize to people for being sarcastic...). This game has so many levels of online wrong in it that I don't know where to begin lol. The game itself is AMAZING. The way people handle themselves on it is a totally different story, and it is honestly Riot's job to make it the best they can. Unfortunately, there is ALWAYS a thread about elo. There is ALWAYS a thread about trolling. There is ALWAYS a thread about banning someone.

To all the people in here saying that elo is a good system, you are correct. To the people who say it is bad, you are also correct.

I'll explain..

Some people don't have the time it takes to put into ranked to get the "real elo score" and I think it's a joke to expect everyone to have that kind of time. It's a video game, not a job.

And now, for the people that do have the time, it IS fair. You can put in 5-10 games a day no problem and probably you can do this 5-7 days a week.

I know a lot of people that are competitive, but simply DO NOT have that kind of time. It's not fair to them. Let's just say that they can play 2 games a day and they can play 3 days a week on average. That's about 6 games a week/ 24 games a month/288 a year. That's over 700 short of what most people say you have to play to "find your true elo".

There should for sure be some change to the ranking system, but if it is changed then I think elo should still be a secondary rating for the hardcore people that want it lol.

GG

AgentAleixander

12-04-2012

Im reading some of these replies. Are you kidding me guys? I know for a fact we have all been there. Your doing really well in a match. But, no matter how good your doing, when it comes down to team fights, if the rest of your team isnt "decent" you cant win a team fight 1v5. Dizzy I know exactly where your coming from. I have the same problem. I never go negative, and i try to be a team player and let people play what they "call". Im stuck in a low elo too. I know I am a good player, yet, it seems impossible to get my elo up. Just keep losing games. It really isnt fair. But riot doesnt care.

B11gD0gg

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentAleixander View Post
Im reading some of these replies. Are you kidding me guys? I know for a fact we have all been there. Your doing really well in a match. But, no matter how good your doing, when it comes down to team fights, if the rest of your team isnt "decent" you cant win a team fight 1v5. Dizzy I know exactly where your coming from. I have the same problem. I never go negative, and i try to be a team player and let people play what they "call". Im stuck in a low elo too. I know I am a good player, yet, it seems impossible to get my elo up. Just keep losing games. It really isnt fair. But riot doesnt care.
What people have been blantantly saying, ill try and put it nicely so you can see it. You may be a player who can always go positive. You may be that player who gives up lanes to suit your teammates. But, what you are not is a player of the higher elo much of us desire.

The way elo/ranking system is designed(purposefully or not) is that when you reach your true elo you will win and lose. and that deviation can be in the 100's of elo. But you will always get up or back to the elo you belong in the more you play. That is all anyone is trying to explain.

If you're a 1400 elo player and you accidentally let your 5 yr old brother play your account and he got it to 500 elo. you will Zoom out of that until you hit about 1200 where you may hit a bump or 2. Eventually u will slowly make it to 1350 and then 1400. you may make it to 1500, but what happens then is, you make 1 too many mistakes that the 1500 true elo players capitalize on and you dont contribute correctly to team fights and you lose. Thats the time when your elo drops. Slowly or quickly depending on how well you play after loses; that you will find yourself back at 1350, working your way to 1400 again.

Summary, if you want a higher elo, you have to play as good as the guys there... Not just better than 900-1300 elo players...

Phew glad I got that out of my system.

Fantom546

12-04-2012

I agree with Dizzy and i honestly cant believe some of the counter arguments on this thread. Considering this is the competitive thread i will assume the majority of you have watched tournament play, they are as good of players as they can get. Even if say a player perhaps like maybe Dyrus? dominates his lane, but their just for arguments sake, the opponents jungler feeds off of every other lane and dominates even more. Even if you are 5/0 in your lane, if the jungler or other lane gets 8/0 or 9/0, etc they will most likely be able to kill you regardless of how good you are. How is an enemy champ getting fed off of your bad team mates your fault at all? there is only so much you can do to protect them and hold off potential deaths for your teammates.

and that isnt even considering players who leave mid game or lag. Good luck fighting at any point in the game if it a true even match up with a 4v5. imagine fighting without your adc, without your tank. if you face a whole team who is evenly matched you will lose. But this isn't to the fault of the team that lost. it is the fault of the person that left.

Selcopa

12-04-2012

Caid, I don't know where you get your numbers. It takes maybe 100 games to get a good idea of your elo. Even if it's off by 50 so what. You still know where you are.

Most players(ie 95%) who can only play 300 games a year are not competitive. They simply are not able to keep up with 1900+ players.

B11GD0g if you added me, my computer is broke and they sent me one without a working psu, I'm in the process of getting a new one sent. Ill add you when I get it. I'd be happy to go over your replays. Upload them to league replays. Pick 2 games that you felt you played well, but still lost, I'll go over them and then we can go over them together on Skype

B11gD0gg

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
B11GD0g if you added me, my computer is broke and they sent me one without a working psu, I'm in the process of getting a new one sent. Ill add you when I get it. I'd be happy to go over your replays. Upload them to league replays. Pick 2 games that you felt you played well, but still lost, I'll go over them and then we can go over them together on Skype
Kool. You're the best.