This elo system is a failure

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroxo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

The amount of troll will be on average the same for both teams, (less for your team if you never troll yourself). I know its harsh but you will win more when you just keep trying and not complain/rage. When you tell others how bad they are they will more likely do stupid things just to annoy you.

Team work is very important in this game especially in higher level play. This game is based on 5v5 not 1v1. of course in some games your team will be helpless and everything you do wont make up for it but statistically it will happen the same for the opposing team just as often as long as you play enough games.
If you really do persist to claim you deserve higher elo then show us a replay as selcopa suggested.

As for the elo system, make a decent proposal/work it out, and im sure Riot would give it some consideration. A lot of people can complain about the current system but few can improve it.

Fat Kid In RL

11-25-2012

No, this guy is complaining about the system being flawed, based on the fact that he feels his elo should be higher.... but when we examine his normal elo... we see he is exactly where he belongs...... yet he clings to the system being broken..... instead of just owning up to the concept that he has consistently had a bronze win rate over 1800 games...

Fact of the matter, until you can own why you are at fault for not being 1400 elo, ( whether that is a fault of your personal skill, or fault of not being willing to play enough games). You will always stay where you are.

Even if they added such changes to the elo system, it would effect everyone, so your relative position on the elo ladder would remain unchanged, some people around you would fall lower faster, some would gain elo faster... but as a relationship between everyone remains... your percentile place in the system would likely not change.

Moral of the story, the system is fine, this guy qqs up a storm just like every other bronze player who feels they deserve higher elo.

N√łteworthy

11-25-2012

i deserve 300 elo

DizzyJ22

11-25-2012

Lol Fat Kid, If im smashing bronze level players nearly all of my games, maybe I should be facing better players...just maybe. Ofcourse i was never aware for quite a while that your opponents were chosen based on your ranked level. Considering I didnt play ranked really till season 3, it explains why im facing bronzed players. Not to mention that I said Ive been facing silvers anyways a lot recently (cause of the average elo between me and my buds) and still doing just as well. You make it sound as if I should be facing golds then after that many games. If you dont get gold in ranked though, it doesn't happen and I just never played ranked before, is that a problem?. Ofcourse since your epic pro, you can choose not to play ranked and have riot matched you up with gold players, cause you have haxs. Keep using your haxs bro.

Drop my personal record though, seriously, I want to help improve the ranked system here. Considering your name being "fat kid in rl", I will assume you came here to argue and troll anyways.

You said Im arguing on the basis that my elo should be higher. Please get your facts straight before spreading your lies. I clearly stated im here because of the lack of an individual rating system for solo/duo ranked games. It's based on a win/loss system, which in the lower elos I, and others, find it a problem. Others and myself, already in this thread, have offered ideas as to how it should be changed and what aspects it should include. So please just stop trolling. I understand your point of view and you believe its fair based off that in an infinite amount of games, your true rank will shine. There is no need to bash me as a player and just plain argue.

I am disappointed that after playing 40 games ranked this season, that i had to deal with soo much **** in soo few games. As much as I would like to Raise my elo, Id rather not waste time with flip flop games. I'm absolutely sure if i played more games I would be where I should be, but the fact of the matter is you shouldn't have to play a large amount of extra games to get there when you dont need to. So I will probably assemble a full team and raise my elo in 5s ranked, where it is more fair to do.

Incongruous

11-25-2012

You can't simply win solo queue by sheer individual skill however, it's a little different, imo. You have to have the ability to be your team's Dr. Phil, leader etc. If you're doing well you need to get people to listen to you so that they'll do well based on your calls. Some games will be unwinnable however, and in that I think the system could use some work. The score was 5-16, I had 4 of the kills as jungle Lee Sin, and I had outganked, outlevelled, and outfarmed the opposing jungler. In those particular games, there is nothing you can do.

However, I reached plat again this season in 14 games from 1549 elo, if you play well consistantly and lead your team, you can climb the ladder quite quickly.

DizzyJ22

11-25-2012

I totally agree buddy, I could work on my team leadership, Im always positive and usually am able to keep my teams hopes up, even if they are 15+ deaths down. Theres a lot to winning a team game, and winning really depends on your team mates too.

Just played another 4 on 5, nearly won >_>, but 3 stacked tanks, a Leblanc and teemo shrooms against a team with 4 semi squishies...Im just happy we won in the kill count. About 60 kills each team and a 55 minute game 4 on 5...oh well

Edit: Just had another game right after the above one where bot lane champs were arguing about cs, then caitlyn trolled the junglers jungle, then bot jax just fed 10 times because he was against an adc and support. I just want to make a point that these bronze level players are the same people i get matched with in ranked. Such nonsense.

Deveyes

11-25-2012

how do i ALWAYS get last to second last picks!!?!??!?!

Those are always bot lane picks.. I CANT EVER get a solo lane in solo queue.... EVER!!!>!> lol

Look at my stats!! IDC like 50% of my games are support and 30% are adc.... WTF!?!? HOW DO U "carry" yourself out of ELO HELL!!?!?

ITS BS!!!

Selcopa

11-25-2012

I had no problem going from 1300 to 1977 primarily through support. I can carry on support just fine. And I do mean carry. Why can't you. Im not sure but I have a guess

LtEarthworm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

One thing I've noticed about all these thread saying the Elo system is broken are people saying they belong in a higher elo. If you truly do you will eventually get there. It may even just be that you play a bunch of normals before going into ranked again. I started off horribly in ranked in the middle S2, but now I'm on a win streak that started at the end of S2 after hundreds of games of normals were I just tried to have fun and get better without worrying about Elo.

I'm really beginning to think Elo Hell is more of an attitude than a place.

Deveyes

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
I had no problem going from 1300 to 1977 primarily through support. I can carry on support just fine. And I do mean carry. Why can't you. Im not sure but I have a guess
Haaah. Who said I cant carry as a support? WTF? I absolutely can and usually do. The thing is it's not really a carry when late game comes ur just getting bursted/melted by their fed carries. I just finished a 6/6/20 galio support. I won my lane. I did just fine. My team failed. Big whoop. Lol.

Hey I agree its an attitude thing. Don't get me wrong. But u act like its "get better or ur bs" garbage lol. Its not true man. Sry I play well. I play really good. Do i play 100% every game no. But i don't play at the level of my teamates. But whatever. Say what u want. All this talk about you being superman every single game is just trash. It's a team game for a reason.

I've won my share of 4v5's but its still not an easy thing to do. I've carried my team as a support my share of tiems but its not like its 100% guarenteed win every rip. MAYBE it is for you. You have that super gamer luck I just don't have :P