Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


How to avoid Kill-Stealing?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King o Karp

Junior Member

11-21-2012

Hello. I'm just now getting into seriously playing Lulu, and I've come across the problem of stealing too many kills. I know it sounds crazy, but hear me out. I don't MEAN to do it. Ever! I'll throw a glitterlance out to slow an enemy at half health, but then they'll be down to less health by the time Glitterlance gets there. Or I try and E into a teamfight to shield an ally, but I wind up killing a low-health enemy instead.

Is there any way I can target my allies with my E easier, and not kill enemies with my Glitterlance? It happened last game with my Sivir in bot lane, where I got all of the kills, because when I threw out glitterlance to slow the enemy down(as whimsy was on CD), either it killed them, or my autoattack killed them, because Sivir had taken their health down lower.

I know it sounds strange that this is a problem, but...any tips?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

Senior Member

11-21-2012

If you think a kill is secured, then don't touch them.

For example, if you know the guy doesn't have flash and is at 20% HP, slowed, and nowhere near a tower, then just don't touch him. He is bound to die.

If you believe the kill is not secure, then go crazy. Getting a kill on a support is better than not getting a kill.
There has pretty much never been a time where I thought "that lane/game was lost because I took too many kills as support".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagna

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
RamboRal:
If you think a kill is secured, then don't touch them.

For example, if you know the guy doesn't have flash and is at 20% HP, slowed, and nowhere near a tower, then just don't touch him. He is bound to die.

If you believe the kill is not secure, then go crazy. Getting a kill on a support is better than not getting a kill.
There has pretty much never been a time where I thought "that lane/game was lost because I took too many kills as support".


Wise words indeed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zliplus

Recruiter

11-21-2012

You can target allies using portraits (or hotkeys) instead of manually clicking or hovering. It's more accurate and reliable but may take some getting used to.

As for KSing, tell teammates to get more dmg


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Devious Rogue

Senior Member

11-21-2012

Quote:
RamboRal:
If you think a kill is secured, then don't touch them.

For example, if you know the guy doesn't have flash and is at 20% HP, slowed, and nowhere near a tower, then just don't touch him. He is bound to die.

If you believe the kill is not secure, then go crazy. Getting a kill on a support is better than not getting a kill.
There has pretty much never been a time where I thought "that lane/game was lost because I took too many kills as support".


^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

checkmater75

Junior Member

11-21-2012

A good idea is to go supports that CAN carry. Some examples include Lux, Ashe, and Morgana. Such champions are less detrimental when they get kills than, say, Soraka. Also, as support, when you get fed, this tends to result in great map vision, which later helps your allies to get kills.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powwder

Senior Member

11-22-2012

never is a kill secured until the target is dead. what if by you just watching he gets a sudden soraka heal, or a shen ult, or better yet it gives their jungle rengar enough time to catch up in stealth. what if it gives him that extra second so he can flash away or cleanse the exhaust.

that being said as long as you don't blantly kill steal someone there should be no problem, if there is then the people your playing with have no idea what they are talking about.

the most commin way to blantly kill steal is not do anything till teh guy is about to die then you nuke him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

Senior Member

11-22-2012

Quote:
powwder:
never is a kill secured until the target is dead. what if by you just watching he gets a sudden soraka heal, or a shen ult, or better yet it gives their jungle rengar enough time to catch up in stealth. what if it gives him that extra second so he can flash away or cleanse the exhaust.


Um...no. Something you learn is accounting for possibilities.

Look at this situation.
You are support. You have entrances to your lane warded. There is no Soraka, TF, Shen or whatnot in the game, or you know that those champions have their stuff on cooldown. His flash is down and he is at 20% HP and slowed.
He is nowhere near a tower and you see that mid is in mid and top is in top, and their jungler is nowhere close.

That guy isn't dead but the kill is essentially secured.
There are no "what ifs" in that account. That's what makes players good.

And good supports will run in front of the guy but not touch him just in case the AD D/Cs or something.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powwder

Senior Member

11-22-2012

essentially doesn't mean its guarenteed. have you ever seen someone get away with like 5 hp? have you ever seen a 4 man gank fail? it happens sometimes, rare but it does happen.

plus good supports will still do their part to contribute to damage with autoattacks, and in the ops post he mentioned he killed them with glitterlance.....to me thats like a janna howling gale killing someone. i would be pissed if i was in bot lane and my lulu support did nothing but whimsey and help pix me.

and in my last post i said as long as hes not blantly doing it (like standing there doing nothing then casting glitterlance as they are about to die) it shouldn;t really be a big deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tha Dynamite

Senior Member

11-22-2012

Quote:
powwder:
essentially doesn't mean its guarenteed. have you ever seen someone get away with like 5 hp? have you ever seen a 4 man gank fail? it happens sometimes, rare but it does happen.

plus good supports will still do their part to contribute to damage with autoattacks, and in the ops post he mentioned he killed them with glitterlance.....to me thats like a janna howling gale killing someone. i would be pissed if i was in bot lane and my lulu support did nothing but whimsey and help pix me.

and in my last post i said as long as hes not blantly doing it (like standing there doing nothing then casting glitterlance as they are about to die) it shouldn;t really be a big deal.

If they got away with 5 HP, it is nowhere near "essentially secured."


123