I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...
Again, this would be for RANKED QUEUES ONLY. You cannot force a group kick unless all 4 random people decide to team up. At which point the fifth person 9 times out of ten is the 5 pick troll he only happens to know one role and is DEMANDING he get to play it or he will troll.

Unjust kicks would happen far less than the UNJUST BANS being handed out every hour to people avoiding ass holes.

The number of people truly trying to change the meta, have tested it in normals with success and are trying to bring it into ranked queues is slim to none. Majority of people want to play the meta because right now it is the most efficient. YOu cannot change the meta with random team mates who aren't all on board.

We shouldn't be FORCED to play to their playstyle. If they want a team to embrace their new meta they should find one. Just because they are a minority doesn't mean we should all have to cave to them. And again, the amount of people trolling vs the amount of people who would be kicked for trying to honestly change the meta is laughable.

So yes, lets keep banning millions of innocent players because of trolls so that we can protect the couple thousand who are seriously trying to for some reason change the meta and experiment in a ranked game.

Ramenhaus

11-27-2012

Can we see more movement on this Riot? I just had to drop ranked queue yet AGAIN due to a Shaco with revive and teleport who admitted in queue that he intended to feed because he was angry at previous game. I assume he took revive so he could feed more quickly.

I now have 30 free minutes on my hands to complain on your forums. That Shaco is probably busy ruining the LoL experience for 9 other players as I type this. If Riot fixes this issue, you won't have me complaining, nor will you have those poor 9 disgruntled players.

Ramenhaus

11-27-2012

Just finished waiting after the Shaco "I will feed this game, I'm mad" disaster. Started up a new ranked match.

After the captain locked in Leblanc, a player stated "mid or feed". When he realized he wasn't going to get mid, he want on a rage about how much he hated the game and was going to feed ridiculously this game. We asked him to queue drop, he said no.

Consequence? Yet again, I have a ridiculously long wait penalty, meanwhile the troll gets in another queue.

Sorry for repeated posts, I just don't have anything else to do since LoL won't let me play, despite having given Riot $40 over the last three months.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Christ on a ****ing bike.

I enter queue...got perfectly good team. Someone in enemy team dodges after their last pick.

*requeues*

I enter queue....got a decent team that's also quite communicative. Someone in enemy team dodges after their last pick.

*requeues*

I enter queue...****ing dumbass last pick doesn't say a word all champion select, so we have no idea what he ****ing wants, so we just pick roles we're happy with, leaving him with Support. When it's his turn to pick, he picks Darius to go solo top against enemy Jayce and calls top or feed.

Do you know what I think? Do you know what I think? Do you know what I think? I think this obvious troll is the reason why I....

a) Was deprived of TWO perfectly good team who are willing to communicate with each other, this is a RARE thing in solo queue

b) Was forced to dodge because there is no ****ing way am I going to play with a mute scrub who doesn't say what he wants and counter-picks himself like a dumbass when we needed a support. If he didn't want support, fine, then speak up.

I think the troll I got queued up with was the REASON why I got two enemy teams who dodged.

Do I sound irrationally pissed right now? I am, because it's so easy to abuse Ranked queue. You don't give us the option to kick obvious trolls. And people like these win either way. Play game, we lose troll work done. Dodge? I lose, troll instantly requeues and forces another dodge.

I don't care if a Kick function can get abused. I don't care if people will use this to enforce the meta. I'll gladly play the ****ty meta over not playing the game at all. I'll gladly risk the chance of people using the Kick function to bully others. Just shut the option to vote kick someone off for Premades.

Quote:
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...
If you don't like the idea of a vote-kick, then how about this.

Let the team who didn't dodge vote to stick together if the enemy drops. Queue us up against another suitable enemy team. Don't kick me out of a team full of like-ELO players and pair me up with a troll with 800 less ELO than me. Let me remain with the team who DOESN'T troll. Let me remain with the team who doesn't lock-in auto-counter-picking themselves.

Spherous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Maybe a report in champ select feature? at least for ranked. Normals don't really matter tbh. Even if I have to dodge and wait the 30 mins for the game, at least I'll be content knowing the dickhead that just tried to instalock promote revive jungle soraka and claimed "top or feed" and was last pick will see the tribunal and a nice hearty ban to make him think twice about that bullcrap.

Arcticfury

11-28-2012

This is the most simple thing to fix. I really don't know why Riot has such a hard time with it. Remove the ability to dodge. It's that simple. Increase the penalty on 2nd dodge to 24 hours. Keep record of dodges, if abused then start suspending and eventually permaban accounts.

People are dodging the trolls. Or who they believe are trolls. If they are truly trolls they will continue to lose and drop out of your ELO. If they are doing the mid or troll option it is because they want to force a dodge, but if no dodge is there then you remove that bluff.

If trolls exist, then they are part of the community, forcing people to play will force the trolls to play and lose. Everyone will benefit from trolls more than lose because of them, unless they too are a troll. Actually, if you force people to play the trolls will actually raise everyone else's ELO across the board, if they simply play enough games. Simple statistics there, think about it. Dodgers are as toxic as trolls.

Ramenhaus

11-28-2012

Riot, looks like you've got EIGHT PAGES of people who are fed up with this trolling problem and the 30 minute wait for reasonable players. I also see over 10 threads on the first page of this forum alone related to the same subject. Please address the issue.

I suggest the following reply:

"Thank-you for raising this to our attention. The Devs are working on a solution as we speak, and it should be released either in the next patch or the following one. More details to follow."

As much as we would love to have the fix right now, all we really need is to know that a fix is on the way.

TaiigerBlue

11-28-2012

-

WhiteNites

11-28-2012

Quote:
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
Champion Select Chat in Tribunal won't stop this from occurring because people will end up queue dodging to prevent troll comps and the troll won't get reported.

The only thing this would help would be games that finished with troll picks

The countless games that had to be dodged because of trolls in champ selection would remain completely unnoticed.

TaiigerBlue

11-29-2012

Quote:
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
A group finder would fix so many problems at once it's not even funny. Trolling will be reduced tremendously, dodging will rarely be necessary, team comps will be sound, less arguing, less stress, the champion select process will be healthier overall, there simply is no denying that.

Hate it or love it the queue system in WoW worked. Apart from the sometimes long queue times for dps, the role selection worked perfectly and grouped up 5 people that were ready to tackle a dungeon. Were there trolls or bad players sometimes? Sure, but it was truly minor! Especially when compared to how many you encounter when queuing in League of Legends. The fact is when I queued for a dungeon it went smoothly most of the time. As for the queue times, they will never be anywhere close to as high as they were on WoW, because firstly there's a much larger player base queuing up at any given moment, secondly the disparity between roles is much less, yes even support.

Once again I urge you guys to please take one look at this thread about a possible group finder: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2715842
Just take one moment to read the OP and let us know what you think, I would truly appreciate it!