I am tired of having to dodge and wait 30 minutes!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chiivolution

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...
But if we use the system here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
The worst case scenario I've seen is premades using it as a way to bully the randoms into doing what they say.

My suggestion is to outright disable the function for any premades to vote-kick. Let players KNOW if they have premades in their team. This is a feature for solo queue randoms, so premade teams of 5 won't need it.

If you have a team of 5's, and there's a duo queue. Only the 3 randoms can choose to vote kick a player, requiring a 2/3 majority to succeed. And if one of the duo queue can be kicked, the partner will be kicked automatically to prevent any angry counter-attacks.

The hole so far is 4-man premades with 1 random...

There could be some abusive situations, like forcing the meta. But it's a far more attractive alternative to losing 34 ELO because some idiot who won't speak up till the end and refuses to Support when asked what he wanted at the beginning ending with a duo top game because no one was willing to support bot resulting in a situation where Draven is suddenly forced to solo a Kog+Taric lane and result in a super-fed Kog carrying the enemy team and getting an easy free win over us while the duo top are under-fed and levelled because they focused so hard on competing over CS. *rage*

In short, the pros far outweighs the cons I have to put up with.
like he said, the only problem overly is the 4 man premade. A 4 man premade should not be able to use the system but making it so the random can dodge without penalty would be nice. Its incredibly frustrating that I actually have the time and desire to come on the forums and complain about the Matchmaking. In my honest opinion, and I don't know what happened to matchmaking in the Pre-Season 3 Patch, but whatever happened, it srewed it up. In Season 2 I played with people that were skilled or at least knew what they were doing most of the time (a few trolls here and there and a few newbies - everyone has those days) but when I queue now, ever since the patch, every day, I get just troll upon troll upon bad player upon leaver upon feeder.

No offense to RIOT, but its true that its gotten to the point, where League of Legends is slowly becoming NO fun anymore and just a pain in the rear-end.

DarkenDragon

12-17-2012

Quote:
Just to add a minor point, the tricky part is this: the person that got kicked, do we issue him an penalty (of some sort) or not. If we do, then how do we deal with the case of "unjust kicks", if we do not, then the vote kick feature will get abused into a "game disband" feature...

I know this is a bit old now but I just wanted to add my input incase its still being seen

I dont think the person being kicked should be punished for the first time, instead just have him avoid joining that group again for the next group, after maybe the third time he gets kicked then a penalty should be applied.

This will avoid unjust kicks since chance of joining another premade that is bullying is less possible, especially after 3 groups, and if they're getting kicked that often then obviously the problem lies with this player, and not the group and is probably not playing the correct map type that fits them.

blankus

12-18-2012

Quote:
Bump. a good way to spend the 15 minutes of free time granted to me by dodging--

The current system of dodge punishment is broken and needs to be mended. There may be no offered solution to the problem within these forums but surely Riot must have made some progress on a better situation than what we have now? I don't see why an individual should be made to wait 5 into 15 into 30+ for not wanting to waste, at minimum, 20 minutes of their time within a game due to attitudes of others. All that effectively does, to my uninformed perspective, is remove players from your servers who are concerned with

1- how they spend their time in game
2-the quality of gameplay for not just oneself but everyone on a team
3-some ulterior motive for resetting 9 other players' queue timers by a few seconds.

But fine, if the people who dodge are truly the people Riot are seeking to weed out, you are doing a great job. This was the reason 3 of my active accounts suddenly went unused for months, a system of alts I engineered to skirt the silly dodge timer I found no longer worth the struggle--I want there to be as little waiting as possible when I'm trying to fill my free time with fun activities, this already time devouring game. Am I, or is any individual, really doing something wrong and is this really an effective solution to curb our wrongdoing? I attest that it is not, as all it has done in my case has kept me (and I would argue many others) from partaking in this game more often.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Hey Riot......please implement a kick function or JUSTIFY THIS IMAGE FOR ME PLEASE

edit: There are more games being dodged than they are being played!!!!!!!!!!!

DarkenDragon

12-19-2012

I just realized something, the current system of dodge penelty is going to discourage good players from playing and promote trolls to keep on playing cuz a good player noticing a troll in game leaves cuz they dont wish to play a losing game, and then the troll gets to go queue up for another game while the honorable player has to wait to play again. how does this make sense?

can we just get rid of the penelty all together until a solution is found cuz what it is currently is just worst than having all the games dodged.

honestly what we should have in place is if you dodged a game and the people in that game was not in your premade, then the match making will avoid the those people with yourself in your next game, problem solved,

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2012

Well here's more gem....

Please justify why I have to put up with these people while you don't implement any kick function. Suffice to say we lost this game purely because the dumbass spent more time b!tching than running away when the enemy is getting free hits off of him as he types. Please tell me ELO hell doesn't exist, because I've seen nothing but these twats ever since the start of S3.

edit: whoops forgot to censor, lol. Although I don't know why the no calling out rule is even here in the first place, rules are rules.

lFalse Kingl

12-29-2012

Lobby should work like in custom games. You click randomly put into a team, and have the option to stay or leave. Each time a player leave, another player gets assign into the game. This would greatly solve the q dodging.

CYRUS HDS

12-29-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post32947065

PLEASE CHECK MY THREAD, THIS COULD BE FIXED!

Coccada

Senior Recruiter

12-29-2012

Quote:
This question would be much easier if we got a report button at champion select, and another at tribunal, when you're voting.

erocker

12-29-2012

Quote:
Looking at all the posts on this forum, do you guys think a "group finder" function or "Champion Select Chat in Tribunal" can displace the need of a "vote kick" function?
I would love that. I dislike going into a game and not knowing my teammates.

My win/loss is usually about 1/1 when i solo queue, but I played a slew of regular games with some random people last night and we won every game.

It would have to be a "everyone click ready" in order to inter matchmaking, but still, anything is better than the current system.