Dominion not fun anymore :(

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SlasherBag

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Why is everyone alsways so binary on this topic. Revive is good for the health of dominion the problems is in its current state its way too strong. Have you guys just forgotten nerfs are an option?
The problem with revive is that its mandatory if your team wants to remain relevant after a bad team fight. In SR you do have other viable options (tp/ghost for example), and with a spell that is only available 2 times a match it is hard to nerf revive effectively to make other spells viable. To me that says other spells need huge buffs on the map, which again, probably won't happen because garrison is the only map specific spell anymore (and that doesn't need a buff).

The binary response is probably due to people who enjoy an established meta vs a not so clear one. Revive gives clear direction as to if your team will work in blind queue (like in draft SR, you get flamed for not getting flash unless top lane, and how people graon when they see a lack of rev in blind queue here).

A not so clear meta results in the need for experimentation in blind queue which I think a lot of people would hate (especially with the amount of A-S tier champ picks, even in high elo blind queue).

So, do you love order, or chaos? (insert binary responses here).

Purpleskoal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Why is everyone alsways so binary on this topic. Revive is good for the health of dominion the problems is in its current state its way too strong. Have you guys just forgotten nerfs are an option?
How is revive zerging good for the health of dominion?

MMKH

11-21-2012

To be honest, I rather play Dominion with Revive than without it. Sure it skews the initial windmill fight, but after that some clutch revives can turn the game around. Everyone has access to it so it's fair.

What I think makes Dominion unfun are the cheesecake tier OP champs that ruin the diversity of team comps. And Teemo.

konfetarius

11-21-2012

Quote:
What I think makes Dominion unfun are the cheesecake tier OP champs that ruin the diversity of team comps. And Teemo.
Given the choice between removal of either, I would remove Teemo.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-21-2012

Maybe death timers should be cut by some amount.

Jimrush51

11-21-2012

I think bft needs a nerf , but it isn't any worse than facing a team of bruisers, like before.

otirruborez

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
You don't lose SR because you don't have Flash. There are other viable options. Everyone takes Flash partly because it counters Flash, and because they're sheep. The only champs that arguably "need" Flash are glass cannon champions, and specific champions that are gimped without that repositioning tool.

On Dom if you don't have Revive you're going to lose map control from the very start, almost guaranteed. Revive turns bad plays into complete and total turnarounds that put the enemy team in a losing position... just because your team all failed simultaneously and hit a button. That's just retarded.
flash is more important to sr than revive is to dom.

1 gank where you don't have flash and the game could be over. 1 team fight where you can't flash out of an initiation and the game could be over.

unless you work better with ghost like with olaf, you NEED flash.

people don't take flash because they're sheep. they take it because it's by far the best summoner for the mode and absolutely required for anyone that doesn't ignore cc.

Arcades79

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Revive does the exact same thing for every champ, and every player has the option to use it. How is it unbalanced? Both sides have the exact same advantage.

IIZekoII

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Given the choice between removal of either, I would remove Teemo.
if we would all go play draft instead of wanking in blind like a bunch of ******* teemo and the others "out of place" champs of this map would not be a problem anymore. actually it would be balanced...

chide da jungler

11-22-2012

there are good times to use revive and bad times.

I like that strategy it brings to the table.