Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You won't be banned for having bad games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Korean Pop

11-22-2012

So it is bannable for having bad games if enough people report you.

ThereRnoIDs

11-22-2012

Quote:
Pin Heel Surfer:
So it is bannable for having bad games if enough people report you.

Yup.
There are no 'right' or 'wrong' reports and are both treated alike.
It's not like it only takes '2' seconds to report someone without the lengthy procedure. Just 2 clicks and your done, 3 if you pick category :/

Magiosnik

11-23-2012

Or if you get enough reports so the automated script sees you as being one of the people with the most reports...

Dazrix

11-23-2012

Actually, the system is abuseable.... it's possible to have someone double suspended for the one match.

Cloak

Recruiter

11-23-2012

You could potentially go into the Tribunal, and always punish all 15 cases you check. Rather then actually caring about the outcome, seeing as you know nothing about this person, you could be consistently suspending people who really aren't toxic.

Pulsefire EzreaI

11-23-2012

Lyte, Tribunal isn't really working unless they get a replay of the whole game on video. Sometimes I have bad games and get reported for feeding. Yet, if they see my score, instapunish. But the Tribunal doesn't take into consideration the other players' movements, just the person being reported.

The cases seem to be built around making the reported highly guilty. While there are cases like that, some aren't, but the report makes it look exactly like they should be punished.

Cloak

Recruiter

11-23-2012

Quote:
Pulsefire EzreaI:
Lyte, Tribunal isn't really working unless they get a replay of the whole game on video. Sometimes I have bad games and get reported for feeding. Yet, if they see my score, instapunish. But the Tribunal doesn't take into consideration the other players' movements, just the person being reported.

The cases seem to be built around making the reported highly guilty. While there are cases like that, some aren't, but the report makes it look exactly like they should be punished.
The system lumps EVERYONE together as one kind of toxic. That's why it doesn't work. There needs to be more, like a server side riot replayer. Dota has it, and you can easily find games on there. It would make things much easier to grade and correct.

C000kiemonstar

11-23-2012

Quote:
Lyte:
This isn't a mistake. This punishment is deserved.

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. That's a staggering number that almost no players ever reach. Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games and you can see how absurd the difference is. This is an example of a case that the Tribunal is not extremely effective at resolving because the player is extremely negative in more subtle ways such as in pre- and post-game chat. However, after review of the chat logs I'm going to leave the ban as is. It's my belief that this player understands quite well what kind of behaviors he should work on to avoid this happening again.

I opened a thread solely to the answer Lyte game here....

You cannot honestly be using his pardoned cases in a negative manner against him?

Clearly you are...

HMMM

C000kiemonstar

11-23-2012

You may also see that the guy is a long time vet... 3 seasons... and while he is not pro... he has remained loyal to Riot and to be fair....1000 reports over 3 years? Those are his ranked stats...how about the number of games in normal or custom?

1000 reports out of 900 is 8100 possible reports..... if he has many more games on top of that you are saying that he was reported in less than 15% of his games..... however how many of them were pardoned....

Real number would say he was reported 1000 in 900 ish games, but pardoned in 950 of those reports.....

So he was punishable in maybe 12 of 900ish games, for not being a carry?

ThereRnoIDs

11-23-2012

Bah 16 downvotes and GD thread is already closed and was answering every response...
They just look at 1000 reports and go yup, ******* downvote and go you're an ass in all your games.

3000 total games, 1000 reports in 900 games. Not all reports are proven to be guilty. Nah just look at that ridiculous number and I deserved it. thanks