You won't be banned for having bad games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LargeSnorlax

11-22-2012

You know , I commented on another thread of yours, and I'm sure I've commented on other threads where you've been banned in the past..

You're super negative in all your games. You may not be the worst person ever, but you're consistently a big downer to your teammates. I didn't need Lyte to post how many reports you got to see why you get reported.

I can't speak for every person playing this game, but this is one of my leisure time activities - I come on after a hard day of work to chill out with friends or even just have a game or two by myself, and playing with someone who is overwhelmingly negative, who keeps telling the team we're going to lose, who keeps saying "gg", who constantly points out the mistakes the team has made is not someone I want to play with.

Personally unless it is something REALLY bad, I don't tend to report (Like the Ezreal on the opposite team yesterday who kept talking in all chat about how the game was done, to push middle, etc etc for 30 minutes straight as soon as the game was 2-0) but I can totally see how others would.

Losses aren't the things getting you reported. Being a constant downer is though - Instead of telling your team all the bad things they've done (Which they likely already know, not that telling them again would help) concentrate on the things you have to do - Get dragons. Get buffs. Ward places. Countergank. Things that are important to the game.

Talk about that stuff - Not the stuff you can't change.

ThereRnoIDs

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeSnorlax View Post
You know , I commented on another thread of yours, and I'm sure I've commented on other threads where you've been banned in the past..

You're super negative in all your games. You may not be the worst person ever, but you're consistently a big downer to your teammates. I didn't need Lyte to post how many reports you got to see why you get reported.

I can't speak for every person playing this game, but this is one of my leisure time activities - I come on after a hard day of work to chill out with friends or even just have a game or two by myself, and playing with someone who is overwhelmingly negative, who keeps telling the team we're going to lose, who keeps saying "gg", who constantly points out the mistakes the team has made is not someone I want to play with.

Personally unless it is something REALLY bad, I don't tend to report (Like the Ezreal on the opposite team yesterday who kept talking in all chat about how the game was done, to push middle, etc etc for 30 minutes straight as soon as the game was 2-0) but I can totally see how others would.

Losses aren't the things getting you reported. Being a constant downer is though - Instead of telling your team all the bad things they've done (Which they likely already know, not that telling them again would help) concentrate on the things you have to do - Get dragons. Get buffs. Ward places. Countergank. Things that are important to the game.

Talk about that stuff - Not the stuff you can't change.
I havn't been doing that lately. I'm confident I havn't typed a single surrender or gg before the game ends within the last 24 days since my 1 week ban as that is what got me banned in the first place... Well I did point out 1 mistake from ashe... where I got her 2 kills... she was 5% hp and I keep telling her to b but she wouldn't... then she just dies to renger 1 hit. It was 1-2 line at most, why not back when I spam b ping or something then from there she *****es at me all game. I did well all game though.

I personally don't even say 'gg' when we win or lose by like 15-20kills lost 0 turrets etc. I find it quite annoying when someone type 'gg' to me when We lost by 20+kills and everyone fighting amogst themselves blaming each other.

You can see my current case and I know you already know, their builds wernt great, I never questioned it, still had fun ignoring all the negative stuff said all game and never blamed a single person. Didn't even call that noc horrible, didn't ask for a tank, didn't say why the hell is ad teemo ap. No indication of negative attitude whatsoever. Brand game, scores look bad but I honestly thought I did well. Bot and top were the first to die, mid was at a stalemate fhte first 5-8mins and from then from then on it was a kill fes. It wasn't feeding but trading kills all game, brand and cho definitely carried that game.

Lyte shed some light please.
What is it that I'm doing wrong~
I may snark once every 10 games but its not entirely a 'bad snark' 1-2 lines at most.
Is it cause I refuse to buy wards as any champ I play?
Tell me.
Unorthodox pick and builds?

Cloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
There's a few discussion points here. Is the Tribunal perfect? No, not even close. Is it highly accurate in a vast majority of cases? Yes.

Could the Tribunal use more information? Sure, but that's why it's an iterative process that we keep improving on over time. The Tribunal you see today is vastly improved in both efficiency and transparency compared to the Tribunal 1 year ago. We're going to keep fine tuning these systems.

But here's another interesting point: even though players have less information, if they come to the same decision Riot staff would make, is that considered case considered "correct?" I reviewed the case and I wouldn't lift the ban. That doesn't mean the Tribunal is perfect--we are going to keep working on it and improving it.
No, because most of the people that are on the Tribunal judge based on biases that don't really alter gameplay. While I think you're system is far superior than most, it has some kinks in it. If you're ok with the fact that a good percentage of your tribunal base is like your company, then it just means you're ok with handing power out to those that would act like you. It's sort of like punishing people through someone else, and saying you had nothing to do with it. It's not an accurate measure of how a law inside a community would be.

TenderLoL

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This is why it's important to have this discussion. Let's say Tribunal Case A is 'pardonable,' but happens to be punished by the playerbase. Riot reviews the case and finds out that the player does deserve a punishment. Should we unban the player because of the Tribunal Case details and let the player damage the playerbase further? Or, are we responsible for his actions and have to say "Reform Cards aren't perfect yet and we're going to maintain this ban because we believe the player is toxic."

There's no correct answer here, we debate questions like these everyday.
sorry your system sucks. Just admit it.

Truly Outrageous

11-22-2012

This still isn't a big happy ending tbh. This guy deserved it due to private internal information? Fine. But this case right here should be a Pardon 10 out of 10 times. If it can happen to someone who coincidentally happens to deserve it, it sure as hell can happen to someone who doesn't.

LargeSnorlax

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storytime Mouse View Post
This still isn't a big happy ending tbh. This guy deserved it due to private internal information? Fine. But this case right here should be a Pardon 10 out of 10 times. If it can happen to someone who coincidentally happens to deserve it, it sure as hell can happen to someone who doesn't.
How can you say a case should be a pardon 10 out of 10 times when a majority of players punished the case?

Cloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
How can you say a case should be a pardon 10 out of 10 times when a majority of players punished the case?
Because a majority of the players that punish cases like this frequently are power tripping.

Truly Outrageous

11-22-2012

Quote:
I just did. I don't care that you apparently know this summoner personally and I will say that I completely believe with the information presented that he deserves all his bans past present and future, but the strong majority punish for the initial case posted remains troubling.

LargeSnorlax

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEndResults View Post
Because a majority of the players that punish cases like this frequently are power tripping.
Oh? Based on?

I wasn't aware you had additional information the rest of us don't. Link?

LargeSnorlax

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storytime Mouse View Post
I just did. I don't care that you apparently know this summoner personally and I will say that I completely believe with the information presented that he deserves all his bans past present and future, but the strong majority punish for the initial case posted remains troubling.
Well, sure - You can have an opinion on the case, however, it seems hundreds of thousands of other tribunal goers have other opinions, so it can't possibly be 10/10 Saying something "Should be this 10/10" when it already has a very different result is kinda silly.

What's troubling about this case? I've seen far more troubling cases, where people who spam racism are pardoned, or who deliberately troll and get pardoned. All of his other cases look pretty clean cut - This is the only one where there's even a question. Might be a pardon from some, but I guess people don't like continued negativity.

A troubling case to me is this:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5963260/#nogo

This player is CLEARLY, OBVIOUSLY new at the game. You can tell by summoner spells, actions, and chat. He did nothing wrong whatsoever, and punished. This is something that worries me - Not someone negative getting a thunk to the head. What is this guy going to learn from his warning? He knows how to play one character.. Ashe. The guy is probably level 5, and he'll get an email warning for doing what? What's he going to learn from that?