You won't be banned for having bad games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyberas

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This isn't a mistake. This punishment is deserved.

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. That's a staggering number that almost no players ever reach. Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games and you can see how absurd the difference is. This is an example of a case that the Tribunal is not extremely effective at resolving because the player is extremely negative in more subtle ways such as in pre- and post-game chat. However, after review of the chat logs I'm going to leave the ban as is. It's my belief that this player understands quite well what kind of behaviors he should work on to avoid this happening again.
Lyte why dont u just admit u have the easiest job in the world because every brainwashed fool here does it for u?U make what about a 100k or more year?And u got players doing 90% of your job?Come on man im not against ya here but give me a hell ya!

ThereRnoIDs

11-22-2012

Included all my reform cards... in post 1...
Whether you want to read the wall of text is up to you.

Sure it may convince you of 'lyte'sl descision but not matter how many times I read through it, the things I type are either 'mild' or not entirely 'too offensive'.

Quote:
We've mentioned this before, but pre- and post-game chat are located on a separate tech stack than in-game chat. Getting PvP.net client chat into the Tribunal is a significant amount of work and we've been busy working on features like the Justice Reviews, Reform Cards and Halls of Justice instead. I think we can all agree that getting those 3 features out was a higher priority than pre- and post-game chat logs.

In the future, we may revisit pre- and post-game chat and determine if getting them into the Tribunal are the current highest priority, but they aren't yet.
And yet you used that information to justify my ban.
You sure know how to prioritize your work... I mean, I obviously got an unfair ban for my last case, but you reckon its definitely punishedable because you have more access to information. I don't understand how a leaderboard for the tribunal is more important than having an 'accurate' clear cut case.
You even mention buffing the tribunal so that players like me would not 'avoid' from being banned. Right, 1000 reports, 900 games. bannable. If you want someone banned, seriously just report them. Dosnt even matter if half the cases are accountable or not.

Lyte. you even said I use 'post' chat too which I highly doubt. Even if I do, it's only once every 50-100 games.
Lyte how many palyers have I reported?
How many games have I dodged?
I'm curious on these statistics too cause i KNOW i pretty much 'never' dodge a queue and onyl started reporting recently since hte last 2-3 months.

Wriggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-22-2012

Quote:
We've mentioned this before, but pre- and post-game chat are located on a separate tech stack than in-game chat. Getting PvP.net client chat into the Tribunal is a significant amount of work and we've been busy working on features like the Justice Reviews, Reform Cards and Halls of Justice instead. I think we can all agree that getting those 3 features out was a higher priority than pre- and post-game chat logs.
No, I'm really not seeing at all where being able to make a full and informed judgement based on all the information possible is a lower priority than "tribunal Elo" or "tribunal Leaderboards". >:| A couple people say "this guy was being a jerk in pre-game/post-game chat". I can take that at face value and mash "punish", but for all I know it was a duo/trio/quartet pre-made who hates the guy for not ganking their lane enough in the first five minutes or something. There's no way to tell, so I have no choice but to skip or pardon.

Drisco

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

Quote:
This is why it's important to have this discussion. Let's say Tribunal Case A is 'pardonable,' but happens to be punished by the playerbase. Riot reviews the case and finds out that the player does deserve a punishment. Should we unban the player because of the Tribunal Case details and let the player damage the playerbase further? Or, are we responsible for his actions and have to say "Reform Cards aren't perfect yet and we're going to maintain this ban because we believe the player is toxic."

There's no correct answer here, we debate questions like these everyday.

So basically what Lyte is saying is: Report people who you think might be a loose canon, or mouth off in other games. Even if they don't do it in yours to the extent that warrants a ban. They probably have been reported in other games you weren't in and the tribunal can use those games to ban them. The false reporting you do folks just helps them get there for it to happen!!

ThereRnoIDs

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drisco View Post
So basically what Lyte is saying is: Report people who you think might be a loose canon, or mouth off in other games. Even if they don't do it in yours to the extent that warrants a ban. They probably have been reported in other games you weren't in and the tribunal can use those games to ban them. The false reporting you do folks just helps them get there for it to happen!!
Yeah... Apparently this said player is never on the 'receiving' end of things and is always the 'agressor'.

Here's your ban and here are the irrelevant reform cards showing your cases. Sure there may be nothing wrong with it, but 'you know' what you did wrong... Hope you don't do it again.

I got 4 losses in my match history so I'm confident 3 of those games I got reported for. 3x2, 6 reports right there. Make sure you ask the enemies to report too to over exaggerate the numbers like someone here did.

Could've been something as simple as you were reported in 40% of your games, but nah 1000 out of 900 more convincing. Looks at troll reports, 5 reports for 1 game...

Kinvaras666

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereRnoIDs View Post
Yeah... Apparently this said player is never on the 'receiving' end of things and is always the 'agressor'.

Here's your ban and here are the irrelevant reform cards showing your cases. Sure there may be nothing wrong with it, but 'you know' what you did wrong... Hope you don't do it again.

I got 4 losses in my match history so I'm confident 3 of those games I got reported for. 3x2, 6 reports right there. Make sure you ask the enemies to report too to over exaggerate the numbers like someone here did.

Could've been something as simple as you were reported in 40% of your games, but nah 1000 out of 900 more convincing. Looks at troll reports, 5 reports for 1 game...
Your reform card have 7 reports in 2 games. That's a 4,5 reports per game average.

If we use this number as a basis, then the lowest possibility is that you were reported in 200 of your 900 games, that is 22% of your games.

The average player gets reported in [u]less than 1% of their game[/url], so you still are reported, at least, 20 times more than a regular player.

But of course, taking a high number of 4,5 reports per game as basis.

You could have been reported in 100% of your games and still have the 1000 reports for 900 games.

Either way, you ARE being toxic to your teammates.

Magiosnik

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvaras666 View Post
The average player gets reported in [u]less than 1% of their game[/url], so you still are reported, at least, 20 times more than a regular player....
I am sorry it looks like it is 5%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte
...Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games...
Not that it changes anything in the current case, still it looks like it has increased recently?

Calys Teneb

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magiosnik View Post
I am sorry it looks like it is 5%
Reported Games =/= Reports per Game.

You can earn all five reports in one game and get no reports for the next ninety nine. Then you've only been reported for 1% of your games.

The system doesn't differentiate between a single report in a game and ten reports in a game (yes, you somehow managed to report yourself here, even though it's impossible to do so. Just go with it.). At least one report per game is needed, any more is superfluous and doesn't raise a bigger flag for that game to go to Tribunal, simply so premades can't be bullies as much as most people think they can be.

People can spam "Please report x" all they want. The only thing that they needed to do was report that player themselves.

Mr Ratz

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereRnoIDs View Post

Hey, maybe the cases shown are not a good example of toxic behavior. But let's talk about a different issue. You have been banned before, which we can infer from the fact that this is now a two week ban and you have openly admitted to it. I am not here to say that because you are banned once you will be banned again. What I am asking is, have you truly not broken any rule in all your games ever since your last ban? Have you truly been a good influence ali the time? And you know what... I bet the true answer os no. De ali make mistakes. The issue arises from not leaning from these mistakes. You have been banned more than once, why not change? You said you are confident you were reported in three of your latest games? Why? Are you truly 100% innocent in all three?

At your 1000 reports. Lets do the math. The maximum number of reports for one game is 9. That means you were reported in over 111 games. We know that it has been more than 111 games, since not all games contain 9 reports. What are the chances you were wrongly reported in all of these games? almost non existent.

so the tribunal picked you up, and displayed cases that i dont believe are appropriate. That doesnt excuse your behaviour. Its like if you are pulled over for not doing anything wrong, and they found tou smuggling drugs. You were banner for cases that i probably would have pardoned. But now we had Lyte digging and he found dirt on you. If you were being toxic, as the data leads to believe, you would be back in the tribunal later, Nd probably with more incriminating cases.

Take a break and review your actions man. This ban is not something you have control over anymore. But it's not a permanent ban (yet). Make sure you improve and the next one isn't.

ThereRnoIDs

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ratz View Post
Hey, maybe the cases shown are not a good example of toxic behavior. But let's talk about a different issue. You have been banned before, which we can infer from the fact that this is now a two week ban and you have openly admitted to it. I am not here to say that because you are banned once you will be banned again. What I am asking is, have you truly not broken any rule in all your games ever since your last ban? Have you truly been a good influence ali the time? And you know what... I bet the true answer os no. De ali make mistakes. The issue arises from not leaning from these mistakes. You have been banned more than once, why not change? You said you are confident you were reported in three of your latest games? Why? Are you truly 100% innocent in all three?

At your 1000 reports. Lets do the math. The maximum number of reports for one game is 9. That means you were reported in over 111 games. We know that it has been more than 111 games, since not all games contain 9 reports. What are the chances you were wrongly reported in all of these games? almost non existent.

so the tribunal picked you up, and displayed cases that i dont believe are appropriate. That doesnt excuse your behaviour. Its like if you are pulled over for not doing anything wrong, and they found tou smuggling drugs. You were banner for cases that i probably would have pardoned. But now we had Lyte digging and he found dirt on you. If you were being toxic, as the data leads to believe, you would be back in the tribunal later, Nd probably with more incriminating cases.

Take a break and review your actions man. This ban is not something you have control over anymore. But it's not a permanent ban (yet). Make sure you improve and the next one isn't.
Review actions...
Lost, played poorly, constant harassment.

Looks current cases, stop playing bad...

I really really REALLY don't know. I just find most ppl *****ing for no apparent reason. Sometimes I don't even look at the chat anymore because I bought a new 1440p inch monitor and minimap at the corner of the screen.

Maybe lyte knows I'm good enough to carry them but am limiting myself in some way.
Do you not see my cases in the first post at all?

I really don't fkn know. It's so bloody trivial. I get mad reading it. Everyone screaming profanities all day long. The worse I'd EVER use is, Ur noob, bg, surrender, u sucked.
My current cases has NO indication of that at all. Let alone my dumb 1 week case too.
I provided as much of the games as I could and you can see subtle changes through each card like REALLY.

I KNOW I got reported for my losses cause I did not DO well and they were *****ing non stop like that talon game. Same Ezreal game just for having 'majej'