You won't be banned for having bad games

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tilomentry

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
This isn't a mistake. This punishment is deserved.

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. That's a staggering number that almost no players ever reach. Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games and you can see how absurd the difference is. This is an example of a case that the Tribunal is not extremely effective at resolving because the player is extremely negative in more subtle ways such as in pre- and post-game chat. However, after review of the chat logs I'm going to leave the ban as is. It's my belief that this player understands quite well what kind of behaviors he should work on to avoid this happening again.
*popcorn*

ThereRnoIDs

11-21-2012

Quote:

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. That's a staggering number that almost no players ever reach. Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games and you can see how absurd the difference is. This is an example of a case that the Tribunal is not extremely effective at resolving because the player is extremely negative in more subtle ways such as in pre- and post-game chat. However, after review of the chat logs I'm going to leave the ban as is. It's my belief that this player understands quite well what kind of behaviors he should work on to avoid this happening again.
I have 5 reports from that 1 game alone.
This player plays "only" solo queue.

Again bringing up "statistics".
My last ban was for saying surrender "once" per game and there were 5 reports for negative attitude. 5 fkn reports for saying AMUMU Is OP and stating WE lost a 5v4.

I'm HERE right now but gtg in ONE HOUR. Shed some light please and get the conversation going. And FINALLY you responded.

And seriously, 5 reports per 100 games? I don't think I can ever manage that...

Devastator Jones

11-21-2012

Quote:

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. .
But we are supposed to judge based on only the 2 reports we're given, right? Or are we supposed to judge based on the person's whole record, which we don't get to see.

Robbynn

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
Lyte, do you honestly think that all the people you ban are actually and honest to god terrible people that should have nothing to do with society?

Would you have no problem going up to every person's face and their family and telling them that their son/daughter or father/mother are terrible people? Or how about their friends?
Is there a position in Riot for that? I would apply for it. Some people will do what they can to ruin the other players' fun. It is like the person I was playing where 3rd pick said would adc and picked Urgot. 5th pick then chose Ashe and locked in saying "I thought Urgot was a mid." Ashe went mid and fed Akali. It was one where this was discussed in chat and the player intentionally did not say anything till after locked in Ashe. If I am going to be rude over the internet then I would be in person. My family laughs at me because they know that I am not using the facelessness of the internet to act out. I have learned to ask some questions but overall do not type in the game unless I need to.

ThereRnoIDs

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyuva View Post
But we are supposed to judge based on only the 2 reports we're given, right? Or are we supposed to judge based on the person's whole record, which we don't get to see.
Knew he would bring up numbers.

I know I get reported for a lot of things like the 2 games included... 5 reports for 1 game?

Shouldve been 2000-4000 reports from the looks of things.
I win half my games, lose half my games. How many games have I had in total? Nearly 3k

Micro fin

11-21-2012

This is one of those Tribunal cases where I would hit the Pardon button, check the results a few hours later, and be really confused as to why the verdict I gave was wrong.

It's gotten to the point where I hit "Skip" on any case where there might be a Pardon involved because chances are they will get banned for reasons I'm not told about in the case file, and I'm sick of it causing my accuracy percentage to drop.

Naphconzz

11-21-2012

Quote:
You have to consider the time element Yarksmom and how long it takes the majority of players who play this game casually or bots only to get those 100 games.

Some people can do 100 games in a time span of two weeks. Some, it takes an entire year just to get 100 matches. So there are a lot of factors that people don't realize.

Honestly I would agree for those that make LOL the main choice to use their time that you will get A LOT of reports very rapidly which is actually harmful if you actually play this game a lot. Because the people that are being reported now aren't really the people who like to make death threats or are actually racists but instead people who just like playing this game a lot.
What does the time element have to do with anything? YOu still get x amount of reports in 100 games whether you do it over 100 days or 10 days....

ThereRnoIDs

11-21-2012

I'm pretty much proving that the report feature is abusable

Can be used on any loss games basically. Some games I talk, some games I don't. Heck just look at my match history. 4 games I said nothing all game. I got reported by ashes even when I covered 90% of the kills spamming "why am I so fkn good" or something as Leona. Maybe once in awhile I can actually have fun and letting it all out like my Diana game. Pretty sure I had fun too by the sounds of it.

I don't get to do that much anymore. Gotta zip it and shut it.

Ada Wong

11-21-2012

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by Lyte

This player has received over 1000 reports in 900ish games. That's a staggering number that almost no players ever reach. Consider that the average player receives about 4-5 reports every 100 games and you can see how absurd the difference is. This is an example of a case that the Tribunal is not extremely effective at resolving because the player is extremely negative in more subtle ways such as in pre- and post-game chat. However, after review of the chat logs I'm going to leave the ban as is. It's my belief that this player understands quite well what kind of behaviors he should work on to avoid this happening again.QUOTE]

However it isn't proven to the public reguardless of a GM"s decision in game it can be called GM Corruption. You see while Riot can ban suspend any account for any reason this is a problem in my eyes that should be proven to the public.

Perhaps a way to see every report made on your account should be instantly posted on your account for view as well as public records and such.

No idea but I do think 1000 + reports out of 900 is kinda high I dont think I have even been reported that many times yet, but I do know some people rage report without a valid reason.

Before I report I always make sure to have a reason, and most of the reports are due to Verbal Abuse, or Griefing, there might have only been once or twice I accidently clicked the wrong report option and couldn't change );

Another idea for serious punishment is a Hall of Records that stay on the gamer for 1-2 years very report filed, and chatlog, including names of offenders, and punishments. This way it does ecnourage people more to watch their behavor, and possibly even Reporters. Why? For the reason that less people would file invalid reports.

Sebamk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Quote:
Lyte, do you honestly think that all the people you ban are actually and honest to god terrible people that should have nothing to do with society?

Would you have no problem going up to every person's face and their family and telling them that their son/daughter or father/mother are terrible people? Or how about their friends?
You don't understand

LYTE.IS.GOD