Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You won't be banned for having bad games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

11-21-2012

47 pages and no reds....

I think riot is in pre-turkey day mode.... none of them want to dig into this right now :/

edit... make that the start of 48 >.>

InsGsicht

11-21-2012

gogo

WORST SUPPORT US

11-21-2012

Bump this. I really want to see what Riot has to say.

Xaephros

11-21-2012

Bump.

Hackdak

Recruiter

11-21-2012

To be fair in all of this, the tribunal does only get to vote on what they are given. If I was one of the voters in that case I'd look at the Diana one and be extremely unsure. However, I would come to the Brand game and notice only 3 kill and 7 more deaths than the next highest and probably vote to punish there, just because nothing was said in the chat other than "...".

You can't expect Tribunal reviews to be perfect and sometimes you just gotta live with it. Try mentioning in the game chat that you're having a bad game or something next time and maybe the Tribunal will be a little less harsh on you.

EDIT: Forgot to add in that in the first game, Diana's team had no way to justify calling him a troll when he had more cs than them. Honestly not even breaking 200 at the 40 min mark is just awful.

IIZekoII

11-21-2012

bump. riot banning new players because they are new to the game and have bad games when they are playing against 75% of 1400 elo smurfs who got themself banned. LOGIC TOO STRONG.

Strados

11-21-2012

Quote:
Dysiree:
Honestly I dont know why were even looking at his teammates comments at all. His teammates arent the ones being judged in the cases.. he is..

But lets look at your comments for a second and see what the "correct way" to respond is:

"Janna [All] [00:23:57] plz report brand
Rengar [00:23:58] brand play les agressive"
Brand [ ] Sorry rengar I'll try to be more passive but I'm just getting stomped in mid here kass countered me hard. I need some help/aid etc..

See what happened there? Ignore janna who is being a d*** and respond to the teammate who is trying to help you. You dont even have to mute janna.

Our brand said NOTHING. He didnt even ask for help. You're suppose to communicate to your team what's going on, they cant read your mind. If you're struggling mid ask for help dont just expect it.

It's kind of sad that no one can see that.

mmm... yeah, except people aren't rocks. we're emotional people and as such we have different ways to react. some people gets shout in by frustration and harrasment. heck, people gets sometime depressed by it even if it's a game. So failing to communicate is kind off a grey zone. i'd rather punish someone for being an ass than for getting shut in by harrasment and doesn't respond back. and as for rengar... really? that's not helping, thats a copy past for avoiding the tribunal for harrasment. helping is "wait brand, i'm omw, hang in there" and actually coming with a plan. play less aggresive is the new "stop feeding". Now, what i would buy? if he said "brand, play less agressive, i'll help you in a bit" "or if he asked some teamates to help him instead.

also, how would you know if he fails to comunicate if you don't read what others say? how do you know if he's not in skype with someone. You need full facts... if not, you're just looking for something specific. I agree in that regard only if it's a case of harrasment, no question there, but lacking comunication is a serious thing, and as such, you can't expect to comunicate if your teamate are being ******s, because then, the comunication doesn't exist to begin with.

Von Nicklesnout

11-21-2012

Quote:
Hackdak:
To be fair in all of this, the tribunal does only get to vote on what they are given. If I was one of the voters in that case I'd look at the Diana one and be extremely unsure. However, I would come to the Brand game and notice only 3 kill and 7 more deaths than the next highest and probably vote to punish there, just because nothing was said in the chat other than "...".

You can't expect Tribunal reviews to be perfect and sometimes you just gotta live with it. Try mentioning in the game chat that you're having a bad game or something next time and maybe the Tribunal will be a little less harsh on you.

EDIT: Forgot to add in that in the first game, Diana's team had no way to justify calling him a troll when he had more cs than them. Honestly not even breaking 200 at the 40 min mark is just awful.

For a system that, according to a Red is 99.5% "correct" on all cases judged, you would think that stuff like this wouldn't happen, but it does.Want to know why? The Tribunal itself is flawed, giving people the power to judge other players and giving incentive with the rating system it currently has just causes people put the dipping bird toy on their mouse and have it hover over Punish constantly.

They can deny that the Tribunal is a horribly inefficient system, but all it really boils down to is a false sense of justice from a bunch of people who skim read literally every case and just decide to Punish people who (like the OP) didn't deserve it, and Pardon jackasses.

In before this post in itself summons Pendragon and he flaunts my less-than-stellar track record.

bryjow123

11-21-2012

Cases fall through the cracks. It doesn't happen very often, but it does happen occasionally.

I do hope Riot looks at your case and reverses it, because I, as a regular Tribunal reviewer with a 20% pardon rate, can't see any logical reason why someone would punish this case. With the evidence provided, it should have been pardoned.

I think people just saw 5 reports on your one game and punished based on that alone.

On a side note, I'm SO GLAD to see a thread complaining about a punishment that actually has merit and isn't just a butthurt troll.

EDIT: If you do decide to make a case w/ Riot, remember that they can see ALL your games and so if you've done anything bannable in them, they probably won't revert your ban.

Ada Wong

11-21-2012

Again Riot doesn't care, and I think I have proven it.

I get matched randomly with many trolls I get reported myself for saying GG, or Ignore/Mute them because they spam pings and I get a time ban for it.

Riot keeps talking about TOXIC behavor yet I point out what these TROLLS do in a lot of random games except the times when its actually a new player, or just a bad game and they do not even look at it.

I complain to riot in ticket they do nothing, I would say to expect the same exact