Matthias, Seeker of Balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baron Smashdown

11-20-2012

Naturally this guy's all kinds of work in progress. I only tried my hands at solid numbers in a very few things and some of his abilities and powers I'm not too sure about, especially his passive and ult. Thus any kind of critique, suggestions, or ideas are welcome.

Name: Matthias
Role: Support, Melee

Abilities:
Passive- Balance in All Things: Every time Matthias is inflicted with crowd control he has a 20% chance of inflicting the caster with that same crowd control, this ability cannot be used more than once every sixty seconds.

Balance the Scales- Matthias selects an enemy and an ally champion, after channeling a percent amount of health is taken from the enemy champion and given to the ally. This amount is based on the health difference between the two champions. (Example: Ally A is at 50% health, Enemy A is at 100%, Ally A gains 25% health and Enemy A loses 25% health putting them both at 75% health)

Stack the Odds- Matthias buffs a nearby ally, increasing their armour and magic resistance for a short time.

Counterweight- Matthias targets an enemy minion or champion, dealing moderate magic damage as well as slowing their movement and attack speed for a short time.

ult: Tip the Scales- When activated Matthias buffs all allied champions on the map, increasing all their stats by a percent amount for a short time.

Lore-
"I have never seen anything that is truly good or evil except by dint of those who use it." Matthias

The Grey Knights, an order of warriors dedicated to complete and total balance, in all things, darkness and light, good and evil. In their world, two great powers of good and evil have constantly waged war with each other. Yet neither side has ever gained an advantage over the other, whenever one seems to become stronger some terrible tragedy would strike them, or the other side would become equally more powerful. All this was due to the Grey Knights, of whom few could compare to the might and wisdom of Matthias. For decades he has fought for balance, fighting alongside vile necromancers and righteous kings in equal measure. To him good and evil are merely labels, and as long as there is balance it matters not which is which.

Eventually though things change, and the Grey Knights were brought down from within, a young upstart preaching heresy revealed their existence to the world. Naturally neither of the two powers was pleased, and for the first time they united to squash the Grey Knights, who were forced to flee. While others scattered to the four corners of their world, Matthias and a select few used powerful magics to leave the world entirely. The purpose was to find allies to end the heretic and regain their control over the warring powers of their world. Where the others went Matthias does not know, but he found himself on Runeterra, in Valoran and there he found the League of Legends. He sees the League as the perfect solution, the ultimate way to uphold balance and keep all things in balance. So while striving to gain power and allies to aid his own world he serves as a champion, balance in all things and in all worlds.

Antielectronic

11-20-2012

Dude, this is a sweet idea. He could wear a helmet that covers his eyes, (you know, because justice is blind.) and he could carry around like a scale or something.

Baron Smashdown

11-20-2012

Interesting idea, I like the carrying the scales, but the justice is blind part doesn't quite work. He's not fighting for justice he's fighting for balance. Justice seeks to punish wrong doing and discourage evil, while Matthias believes there has to be evil, there must be murderers and thieves in equal amount to the selfless saints and noble knights.