Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat Quality of Life suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xkhazixmaster18

11-22-2012

*signs petition to get rid of channel time*

Exacerberus

11-22-2012

They could double the Active CD but let you cast it while moving, that would be more effective in teamfights, because atm feels like buggy using it with that long casting animation.
Well, at least the item itself is amazing.

GreatWeelo

11-22-2012

If people are worried about the low cooldown making the item too strong without it's channel, no problem; lengthen the cooldown. But for Melee AD (Yi, Olaf, Fiora, Nocturne etc), activating the item is a bad idea in every situation imaginable. They lose movement, both single target and area DPS, and receive less lifesteal. It's just bad the way it is.

Kosall

11-22-2012

I'm glad to see all the suggestions, replies, and support for this change.

Having a red comment on the possibility of this becoming an implemented change would be lovely though I know reds very seldom comment on PBE posts if they are not bug reports. I would just like some insight into why Riot chose to make the active as they did and why they feel it's better how it is versus a seamless cast. I realize it seems minor to make a thing of this but I have a lot of love for this game and wouldn't put it under a microscope if I didn't think it was fun--and could be more fun.

SonicTheHedgedawg

11-25-2012

*signed

IonDragonX

11-25-2012

@ Riot
Please give us an idea of whether or not this is working as intended.
Obviously, we want the channel time and animation gone.
But let us know if this is a bug, at least.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-25-2012

Tbh I'd like if the active was removed from Tiamat and Hydra's active was buffed to 150% scaling down to 50% at the edges.

Titiln

11-25-2012

zed's shadow should also copy the active skill.

ploki122

11-25-2012

Quality of Life change (since they aren't buffs) : Makes it easier to do something (aka, less useless actions).

Buff : Makes the champion more apt to do something (aka, better at it).

Please don't mistake the two, it's misleading...

Kosall

12-02-2012

Riot described decreasing Syndra's delay on Force of Will as a "quality of life" change, as well as the ease with which she stuns with Scatter the Weak. None of those affected values or mechanics, they just increase ease-of-use.

So all semantics aside, this is absolutely a quality of life issue, not a buff issue. There is no mistake.