Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tiamat Quality of Life suggestion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kosall

11-21-2012

There's 0 downside to every active in the game except Sword of the Divine. I do not think "it would make the item more fun" is a downside, nor should something that provides you 50 AD and no other form of defense but 15hp5 sustain and 10% LS for its cost should need to have a downside.

It's a great item, but again, this is purely quality of life. It would do nothing but free up the flow of combat and no longer prevent bruisers from chasing.

IonDragonX

11-21-2012

Quote:
TheLazyGent:
Think of it like this, if it had no channel time anyone who bought it would just AA and Tiamat active unless they had a swing reset in which it'd be AA, reset, Tiamat. It is a no resource, low cooldown, active that does decent damage and has okay range. It's a matter of giving an item too much use, Tiamat is ment for melee AD damage dealers who want to transition their single target damage to AoE damage. You can use the active for extra damage already, it isn't convenient or for every character. But that's the point.

- ) The animation of the Tiamat stops your champ and loses your current target. That's awful for an active. You are right that people are crying for chasing power here because they are MELEE! They need that kind of benefit because ranged already had the advantage.

You are assuming that Tiamat needs a champion animation at all. That is not true. It would do perfectly well as an active that is instant - like DFG. If it really is supposed to have the animation, then why does it animate so slow, stop your champ and break his targeting? That's too many problems.

I vote to just remove the choppy animation and make it a free action so you can keep moving/fighting.

ihave2cows

11-21-2012

Quote:
Kosall:
You probably don't want it on Nasus because he subsists on single-target damage to farm his Q, and Tiamat would make his Siphoning Strike do a % of his AD aoe. You would not receive +3 damage credit for enemies killed this way. I recommend a Frozen Fist/Iceborn Gauntlet (Frozen Fist is such a better name) rush on him for the sake of experimentation and complete lockdown, but that's me.

I actually DO get the bonus gold from tiamat CS when I use GP's parley, its awesome.

Tumblr Feminist

11-21-2012

singed

Kosall

11-21-2012

Yeah it rules on GP but the +3 damage doesn't apply for Siphoning Strike unfortunately.

IonDragonX said it best about Tiamat.

Kosall

11-21-2012

...Just played another match as Riven. Missed 2 near-kills because of the channel.

SenseiSanSama

11-21-2012

roit pls

Tony Mõntana

11-21-2012

Quote:
TheLazyGent:
That's why DFG got nerfed, reworked, and almost removed from the game.

It's not nerfed, it's reworked and now i feel it's even better since it gives alot of ap(100) and gives 20% dmg amp for 4 seconds with the 15% hp dmg

Kosall

11-22-2012

Don't forget they gave it CDR again.

And it still doesn't have a channel.

GreatWeelo

11-22-2012

On any champion with attack speed, the item actually loses AOE DPS by activating it. If it's meant to give melee DPS some area damage, the activated ability is terrible.