Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What do you play in solo que that can carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oppress0r

01-08-2013

Sounds like you've tried 109 champions and just won't stop to focus on a few. Master anyone even remotely capable of carrying and you will win games.

Your best bet though is to play ad carry. Easiest to feed and can hyper carry (sort of).

Moragtao

01-08-2013

Depends on your elo and your skill with the champions.

At lower elo, it's less about team comp & counters as it is about your skill with a particular champion.

Now, with that being said, IMO the easiest champ to carry lower elo games with is Eve. She can farm well, she has high burst, and she is, arguably, the best roamer in the game currently. Those at lower elo will be less likely to know how to counter her, so you should be able to pick up easy ganks

Directw

01-09-2013

google for some lol fan site that post champion win/lose ratio, and then practice the one with highest ratio.

Personally, I don't believe those number. I just play the champions that has pretty face, like Cho, Kog, or Fid.

city in sleeping

01-09-2013

Quote:
EatsBlood:
Play support and play it well. As long as you keep everything warded and have the map awareness to ping when your team is doing something stupid, that should be enough to turn around every game except intentional trolling.

Nothing wins 99.9%. Look at the win percents for high ranked players. They're probably in the 60% range. And low (not troll or new low, just low-ish) are probably in the 50% range. You don't need to win every game, just slightly more than you lose.

I try to look at it in sets of five games. I know I will lose two because of trolls or unlucky matching. I know I will win two for the exact same reason. The fifth game however is the one I have to cause. If I can consistently win that fifth game, I'll be running at 60% and moving up the ranks.

Also, dual queue if you can. Ideally adc/support on skype, but any non retarded player will do. You know your partner won't disconnect, troll, insult you, etc. In addition to the built in benefits of that, you're also skewing the odds of those two games you lose due to trolls, since there are now only three slots that can roll a troll instead of four.

its a good way to look at it =]

RUpavlic

01-09-2013

Quote:
Phsic:
Isn't that silly? Believing that a champ alone would secure you each victory in ranked?
On a side note, however; Amumu and Twisted Fate have a high probability of helping you secure victory with total strangers.
Personal favourites are- Miss Fortune and Zyra, because their ults often greatly affect teamfights.

he is right picking a single champ won't ensure a victory, but I would make sure you have rune pages filled up with tier 3 runes, masteries invested wisely, learn a variety of champs...make sure your ready for ranked because i see many newly lv 30s jump into ranked before they are prepared for it

NukedWhale

01-09-2013

Quote:
EatsBlood:
I try to look at it in sets of five games. I know I will lose two because of trolls or unlucky matching. I know I will win two for the exact same reason. The fifth game however is the one I have to cause. If I can consistently win that fifth game, I'll be running at 60% and moving up the ranks.

I feel like this is one of the best descriptions of matchmaking and victory expectations that I've ever heard.

WhoopsiGoldburg

01-10-2013

Quote:
Ronyk:

I have an easy time picturing a Wukong wreaking havok in the mid, but I have an even easier time picturing him losing hard. If both Wukong and his opponent are of equal skill, I don't think Wukong will win the lane.

The only mid that actually gave me trouble was an ori. Those early autos keeping you off creeps and the zoning from her ball.

Anyways when I want to win I play the champions I've played the most and do well with.

Backpack Ben

01-10-2013

99.9%... thats asking an awful lot, op