What do you play in solo que that can carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RAlN

11-20-2012

I've tried the tier 1 in reignofgaming.net but still losing most of my games...what do you play that wins 99.9% in ranked?

Phsic

11-20-2012

Isn't that silly? Believing that a champ alone would secure you each victory in ranked?
On a side note, however; Amumu and Twisted Fate have a high probability of helping you secure victory with total strangers.
Personal favourites are- Miss Fortune and Zyra, because their ults often greatly affect teamfights.

mnun

11-20-2012

Olaf can carry pretty easily.

Tha Dynamite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

Tier lists like that only matter in high levels of play. For example, Orianna and Karthus are in tier 1, but in lower ELO, they suck since most people don't know how to use them.

In each ELO range, there are different roles and picks that will carry.

At low ELOs, top lane. If you crush your lane opponent one-sidedly, you'll be an unstoppable mofo. Junglers in low ELO can't gank well. As long as you drop a ward and know how to counter your opponent, you'll **** on them. Then you can do whatever the hell you want.

At mid ELO, strong ganking junglers and mids. So Lee Sin, Amumu, Maokai, Shen, and other champions that have strong CC and moderate to high damage can carry a game.

Champions you shouldn't pick are ones with high damage and low CC or low damage and high CC. So Alistar, Shyvana, Nautilus, and other champs along those lines.
Some people will argue against that, but I think it's pretty true. You cannot expect your teammates to provide the CC or the damage. You need to have both since you are the only one you can trust to be good.

Pretty much the same for mids. Strong CC, good burst damage. You can also get great burst damage and lack some CC, but not the other way around.

You can pretty much pick anyone with good burst though as long as you gank without losing all that much CS. So Gragas, Brand, Ahri, Cass, or anyone that can clear quickly and then gank right after.

High ELO. Farm. That's it. You can win any lane as long as you are able to farm. Of course, there are a lot of implications to that. You can farm better if your opponent is pressured from ganks, counter picked, etc etc. So it's a lot more complicated. But the end goal is farming, and every facet of the game is incorporated in that.

iDpark

11-21-2012

Problem is, everyone wants tops, then QQ about it for the rest of the game, then you lose because everyone plays worse because they're so angry they can't play straight.

Some advice.
Like above, pick a champion with CC and damage.
But above, all, play someone you're good with. If you can't play that champion, don't play it because you think its op or something.

ESPECIALLY at lower elo.
I see too many bad morganas. They don't use the most op part of het kit. Her Shield.
And her ult, but her ult is easy to use.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

let me just tell you right now those tier lists are completely useless for anyone under gold and u shouldn't even use it in anyway when your choosing your picks. if u wanna carry in solo queue u have to find a champion that either u play well with or someone who's underground op. Currently the easiest one i've found are karma mid and nunu top but that's just my preference.

Thorston13

11-22-2012

I have a set up with champions i feel comfortable with and i know how to play.
Jayce/Jax Top.
Jax/Lee/Jarvan Jungle
Ahri mid
Caitlyn/Vayne ADC
Leona/Alistar/Fiddlesticks/Taric Support.

A simple champion won't secure you a win, but being a master of a specific champion will sufice.
It's all about being good with that champion and actually knowing what the enemy skillset is like.

Ikaw Maliit

01-08-2013

Would wukong be a good carry in mid lane?

Ronyk

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikaw Maliit View Post
Would wukong be a good carry in mid lane?
Wu Kong in the middle lane is against the Meta (since he's not an AP champion). So long as one of your other players picks up an AP champion (say, Rumble top or FIddlesticks jungle), you haven't lost your team's balance of damage output.

So let's look at the facts of mid land:
Fact 1) Mid is the most difficult lane to gank: Middle lane is furthest away from the nearest brushes, and you're always closer to your tower than you would be in either top or bottom. This makes Mid lane appealing for people without strong/reliable escape mechanisms.
Fact 2) If you play in NA, chances are you'll be facing a single AP opponent. As wukong, you have only one ranged ability (and after you use it, you'll be right in their faces). You'll only win your lane by being the bigger bully (while still controling the minion wave to not push too hard).

I have an easy time picturing a Wukong wreaking havok in the mid, but I have an even easier time picturing him losing hard. If both Wukong and his opponent are of equal skill, I don't think Wukong will win the lane.

EatsBlood

01-08-2013

Play support and play it well. As long as you keep everything warded and have the map awareness to ping when your team is doing something stupid, that should be enough to turn around every game except intentional trolling.

Nothing wins 99.9%. Look at the win percents for high ranked players. They're probably in the 60% range. And low (not troll or new low, just low-ish) are probably in the 50% range. You don't need to win every game, just slightly more than you lose.

I try to look at it in sets of five games. I know I will lose two because of trolls or unlucky matching. I know I will win two for the exact same reason. The fifth game however is the one I have to cause. If I can consistently win that fifth game, I'll be running at 60% and moving up the ranks.

Also, dual queue if you can. Ideally adc/support on skype, but any non retarded player will do. You know your partner won't disconnect, troll, insult you, etc. In addition to the built in benefits of that, you're also skewing the odds of those two games you lose due to trolls, since there are now only three slots that can roll a troll instead of four.