[Bug?] [Minor] In-Game Movement Speed Calculation

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RudyH246

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I've lately been attempting to calculate in-game speeds using the formula given on the LoLWiki:

Quote:
(Base Movement Speed + Flat Movement Bonuses) (1 + Percentage Movement Bonuses) Slow Ratio
via
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...d#Calculations

But I'm fairly certain this equation is wrong. If not, the in-game calculation of speed may be a bit off.

One test I've done is demonstrated in this video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAfhaIsKouw - Sivir with no boots, with a Zeal, using her Ult and Ghost with the Ghost Mastery.

I've done these tests on the PBE, so I've taken into account that every champion's base movement speed has been increased by 25.

By the formula, this should result in:
(335 * (1 + 0.35 + 0.20 + 0.06))*.5 + 230 = 499.675 move speed. This takes the soft cap into account.

However, when I did this in-game, I ended up with 498 move speed instead. I double-checked and made sure I had no runes or mastery bonuses or anything.

So I'm wondering if the information on the LoLWiki is incorrect, or if movement speed in-game is being bugged.

Any insight is appreciated.