Champion Concept [ Dalton ]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endalaus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

This is a character I've been conceptualizing recently. I wanted to upload the image now, but I do have full lore for him on the way. I don't have a fully flushed out kit, but I'll give a basic rundown really quick of the ideas anyways...

Dalton is an assassin champion, that specializes in mobility and range/ melee combos. He wields raw energy, but is unable to control it on his own. Dalton had a suit made as well as weapons to help him harness and focus this energy into something he could properly use. Dalton's suit converts this energy into a more physical form that is much more precise and deadly. His power comes from utilizing both range and melee abilities in quick and precise succession.

As you can see there are still some things that need to be worked on ability wise,( ie. there's not a lot there) but you kind of get the idea. I have some ideas for abilities that I'll post with the lore.

Also, let me know if you have any ideas or comments. Thanks.

Attachment 561730

Deweymathis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

nice artwork and champion sounds interesting

KuroZastin

11-22-2012

Very nice, maybe u should write about his abilites etc

Endalaus

11-23-2012

having trouble deciding exactly how to make them function right.

I have some ideas that I'll share real quick...
- An ability that lets you dash to target area, damaging nearby enemies and applying a debuff of somesort. You can hit that ability again within 3-4 seconds to jump back to an area and fire a charged pistol shot that targets enemies with the debuff.

You can only do the pistol shot if there are enemies debuffed, so you can't double dash without some risk, you can use it as a gap closer to initiate a combo and back out if needed, escape a little bit if needed to get out of a sticky situation. Could also be useful for chasing. Close the gap for a fight, start your rotation, target flashes away and you can reactivate the ability to jump closer to your target to reengage. That's what I'm looking at most likely for the E slot with a semi-long cooldown. 12-16 sec range, Possibly longer if too OP and it may be. Maybe 20 sec or so at rank 1 down to 12-16 range at rank 5.

- Was thinking about his passive being something like for every X melee attacks or ability hit/use, Dalton performs 1 range shot that does some damage over time. Pistol shot would be 500 unit range or so.

He's primarily a melee assassin ( very glass cannon-ish from what I imagine) but highly mobile and able to do both melee and range in quick succession might be cool. He might have to only have 1 solid poke range and have to commit a little more to do the others.

- A solid poke skill shot pistol shot. Nothing crazy. Just range harass.possible way to Double shoot if his pistol shot buff is up. Not 100%, but that could be cool.

I don't know, lol these are just some ideas that I have been toying with. Maybe that will give some insight into where I am looking for him to go, but yea still not fully flushed out or anything yet.

KuroZastin

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endalaus View Post
having trouble deciding exactly how to make them function right.

I have some ideas that I'll share real quick...
- An ability that lets you dash to target area, damaging nearby enemies and applying a debuff of somesort. You can hit that ability again within 3-4 seconds to jump back to an area and fire a charged pistol shot that targets enemies with the debuff.

You can only do the pistol shot if there are enemies debuffed, so you can't double dash without some risk, you can use it as a gap closer to initiate a combo and back out if needed, escape a little bit if needed to get out of a sticky situation. Could also be useful for chasing. Close the gap for a fight, start your rotation, target flashes away and you can reactivate the ability to jump closer to your target to reengage. That's what I'm looking at most likely for the E slot with a semi-long cooldown. 12-16 sec range, Possibly longer if too OP and it may be. Maybe 20 sec or so at rank 1 down to 12-16 range at rank 5.

- Was thinking about his passive being something like for every X melee attacks or ability hit/use, Dalton performs 1 range shot that does some damage over time. Pistol shot would be 500 unit range or so.

He's primarily a melee assassin ( very glass cannon-ish from what I imagine) but highly mobile and able to do both melee and range in quick succession might be cool. He might have to only have 1 solid poke range and have to commit a little more to do the others.

- A solid poke skill shot pistol shot. Nothing crazy. Just range harass.possible way to Double shoot if his pistol shot buff is up. Not 100%, but that could be cool.

I don't know, lol these are just some ideas that I have been toying with. Maybe that will give some insight into where I am looking for him to go, but yea still not fully flushed out or anything yet.

I like the mix of Melee/ranged (like Gangplankg), i think it would be awesome if u combine both (Pistol and Sword) and making a Gunblade (Maybe like Lightning's one FFXIII) and probably more like a Jayce =)

Pelabell

11-23-2012

Looks amazing. I Personally would love to see him in game.

Endalaus

11-23-2012

What's weird is people start thinking GP play style with this guy because he has a sword / Pistol weapon setup. GP has a more tank/ support kit than what I am looking for here. Jayce is probably my favorite champ as I love always having something I can do in any situation. I love variety, thus probably impacting Dalton's design as well. Dalton would still auto attack more than Jayce would as he would use most abilities quickly to burst some one down or spread the abilities out a little bit to do a more even spread of damage.

GP = More sustain, less mobility, supportish buff, no real AOE wave clearing (other than ult), and some moderate global presence.

Jayce = Some mobility, no global presence, no sustain other than some mana, great poke and damage, some tankability, and amazing ability usage.

dalton = High mobilty, high burst damage, good sustained damage, no real sustain, no global presence, some decent poke, both range and melee abilities. right now if I had to pick 2 champs to combine into this one so far it would be more like and ezreal/ riven kinda combo.

KuroZastin

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endalaus View Post
What's weird is people start thinking GP play style with this guy because he has a sword / Pistol weapon setup. GP has a more tank/ support kit than what I am looking for here. Jayce is probably my favorite champ as I love always having something I can do in any situation. I love variety, thus probably impacting Dalton's design as well. Dalton would still auto attack more than Jayce would as he would use most abilities quickly to burst some one down or spread the abilities out a little bit to do a more even spread of damage.

GP = More sustain, less mobility, supportish buff, no real AOE wave clearing (other than ult), and some moderate global presence.

Jayce = Some mobility, no global presence, no sustain other than some mana, great poke and damage, some tankability, and amazing ability usage.

dalton = High mobilty, high burst damage, good sustained damage, no real sustain, no global presence, some decent poke, both range and melee abilities. right now if I had to pick 2 champs to combine into this one so far it would be more like and ezreal/ riven kinda combo.
Then is a mix of both but better.. i like it

Endalaus

12-21-2012

bump

Cortar

12-21-2012

I love the idea and concept. However Riot may view him as a skin for Gangplank with his pistol sword combo