Frozen Fist discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aroyok

11-21-2012

Guys, when you look at this item, the most important part is the amount of stats it gives. The passive is cool, but the reason you get it should be for the stats.

Who would get this? Based on my experience with it so far, I would definitely build this on Naut, Malphite, Yorick, Blitzcrank, J4 and others. This item seriously gives you a lot of stuff that you need, and since it's on one item it opens up other build options.

And in case you're worried about the aoe slow field...
Mercurial Saber
Mikael's Crucible
Boots of Speed

Not to mention that there are several new items that give +movespeed. Personally, I think this item should be added to Dominion. But then again, I have yet to be roflstomped by a tanky using this, thus influencing me to not want this item.

The Fizznity

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncewasblind View Post
This. I feel like this item lacks direction.

I wonder what the design intent was behind creating this; it is meant to give AP bruisers more build options? (Diana, Elise), or is it meant to help AP mages counter bruisers and assassins? I have a feeling that it will result in the latter. Since ranged attacks proc the Spellblade slow at the same % as melee attacks, mages can use this to reliably peel/kite away from danger that they currently are not able to. What this means is that bruisers will actually have a HARDER time reaching them now.

A standard encounter would go like this:

1. Brand initiates his entire full combo on enemy team; activating all of his cooldowns.
2. Realizing this, an assassin or bruiser champion from the other team attacks him, in the attempt to finish off the squishy mage before his cooldowns refresh.
3. Brand simply takes reduced damage, since he has 60 armor from Frozen Fist, and can now DISENGAGE with a mere autoattack.

I just foresee this item being used in very different ways than what it was originally designed.
Brand zones and disengages very well on his own once he has CDR, he doesn't need Frozen Fist when you have 40-50% stun uptime.

urmamasllama

11-21-2012

this thing has way too much synergy with maokai i think this will be core on at least half my builds for him

BeefJerkyHunter

11-22-2012

I know that this isn't exactly a good way of spending your gold, but how would a Frozen Fist + Frozen Heart combo play out?

Chaosos

11-22-2012

I don't think it's really that good on too many champs, sure it's going to be good on Jax, but he A. is getting a lot of items that are competing for his gold with the new patch and B. The armor pen changes are going to hurt him, assassin can wreck him more easily outside of his ult. I'm mostly looking forward to this on Hecarim, he doesn't have trouble sticking to people just because he's so fast but being able to actually slow and clog things up is something that is definitely valuable on the party pony.

Redenbacher

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosos View Post
I don't think it's really that good on too many champs, sure it's going to be good on Jax, but he A. is getting a lot of items that are competing for his gold with the new patch and B. The armor pen changes are going to hurt him, assassin can wreck him more easily outside of his ult. I'm mostly looking forward to this on Hecarim, he doesn't have trouble sticking to people just because he's so fast but being able to actually slow and clog things up is something that is definitely valuable on the party pony.
But can Hecarim really use the AP? Further, why would he take this over Triforce?

Chaosos

11-22-2012

Hecarim scales pretty well with AP, .8 on W and 1.2 on landing the fear on ult. So, it's a some damage, even if it's not a whole ton. Hecarim prefers this to triforce so he can keep large groups locked down post-initiation, Triforce at best only allows one person.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-22-2012

0.8 over the duration of his W is actually more like 0.1 dot tho

100 ap = +80 damage to W = + 10 damage per second before mr reduction

Yohnski

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
But can Hecarim really use the AP? Further, why would he take this over Triforce?
He really wants it because of the AoE effects. Triforce is a great single target item, you get good damage procs and slow procs from it on one person. Frozen Fist, on the other hand, gives you the same slow but in AoE form and a slighly smaller damage proc that is also in AoE form. After Hecarim jumps in with his ult he can slow and damage everyone in the area, rather than just 1 target.

As for the AP, you're only getting 10 extra AP with this item. Frozen Fist is 40 AP, Triforce is 30 AP, with all the AoE bonuses you're gaining buying 10 extra AP (valued at 200 gold) isn't really that big of a deal.

Orphane

11-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by oncewasblind View Post

1. Brand initiates his entire full combo on enemy team; activating all of his cooldowns.
2. Realizing this, an assassin or bruiser champion from the other team attacks him, in the attempt to finish off the squishy mage before his cooldowns refresh.
3. Brand simply takes reduced damage, since he has 60 armor from Frozen Fist, and can now DISENGAGE with a mere autoattack.

I just foresee this item being used in very different ways than what it was originally designed.
Who the **** would...
I don't even...
what??????