Frozen Fist discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Polaritie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I want to try it on Nidalee, as part of an AP bruiser build in place of Rylai's.

ShawNuff

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

I've found that for some champs, this seems like a better version of Frozen Mallet because FM gives such poor AD.

Yohnski

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
I'm not sure I understand. Like I said, Yorick, Lulu, and Urgot already have the ability to permaslow. Why would Yorick and Urgot take that over Triforce? Lulu already has an AoE permaslow with max CDR and doesn't need that over other CDR options.
Most of it is from gold/slot efficiency. Right now Yorick/Urgot are getting both triforce and frozen heart, roughly 6700 gold worth of items. The only real reasons they want them, however, are for the expanded mana pool, the sheen proc, CDR, and some armor. Now, instead of buying Frozen Heart/Triforce they can get everything they need from those item combinations in 1 item slot and for roughly half the gold (3400).

Now you've got a Yorick/Urgot doing more or less exactly what they did with trinitfy force/ frozen heart, except they've got over 3k gold extra to spend and an extra item slot to use.

And, while those two will probably be bottom anyways, the AoE sheen proc is pretty lulzy for ganks or pushing.

Redenbacher

11-21-2012

Well, that puts it in a little more perspective, I suppose... but both of them would be sacrificing the AD, HP, Crit, Movement Speed, some CDR, and a chunk of armor in favor of a stat they really don't need: AP, and a slow that is packed in to their kit already.

Seems silly to me, but perhaps only time will tell.

Yohnski

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redenbacher View Post
Well, that puts it in a little more perspective, I suppose... but both of them would be sacrificing the AD, HP, Crit, Movement Speed, some CDR, and a chunk of armor in favor of a stat they really don't need: AP, and a slow that is packed in to their kit already.

Seems silly to me, but perhaps only time will tell.
It depends on what they decide they need for stats. They do have over 3k gold to spend on what they want now, if they decide that AD is more important than anything else for instance they can forgo the extra other things that they'd be getting to get even more AD. The same goes for any of those other stats that you mentioned.

Also, the AP isn't a big deal, it's 40 AP that you're paying for in a Frozen Fist but you'd be paying for 30 AP with a triforce anyways. That's only 10 AP from the combine cost which is mostly for the slow and expanded sheen proc anyways. It's like if they just threw on 10 AP to the Infinity Edge and increased it's cost by 100 gold, people would still get it because although it has extra stats they don't need it has all the other stats they really want.

Apollinarius

11-21-2012

Frozen fist is so broken, it's ridiculous. It's basically a Trinity Force for tanks. In reality, that means it's a Trinity Force for bruisers who sometimes opt for frozen mallet for guaranteed perma slow. Imagine how insane this item would be on Olaf or Irelia or Jax or Xin. Constant 35% slow in an area combined with Trinity Force procs and Glacial Shroud defensive stats, all in one slot.

Once the item is nerfed to reasonable levels, maybe it will have a place on Dominion. Right now it's OP on SR and godly on Dominion bruisers.

AlphaFerric

11-21-2012

All I see here is a better option than tforce for almost all bruisers to pick up, and a good option for kass/ali/leona/voli, all of whom are already a pain the ass to escape from. The tanks listed are strong enough without a group perma slow.

BeefJerkyHunter

11-21-2012

I don't think this item should be introduced to Dominion.

Krampus Claus

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
Frozen fist is so broken, it's ridiculous. It's basically a Trinity Force for tanks. In reality, that means it's a Trinity Force for bruisers who sometimes opt for frozen mallet for guaranteed perma slow. Imagine how insane this item would be on Olaf or Irelia or Jax or Xin. Constant 35% slow in an area combined with Trinity Force procs and Glacial Shroud defensive stats, all in one slot.

Once the item is nerfed to reasonable levels, maybe it will have a place on Dominion. Right now it's OP on SR and godly on Dominion bruisers.
Even if this item is strong, it sure as hell better be considering it's 400 shy of an IE and around 6-700 of a triforce. This is going to be a big purchase for any champ.

And with the frozen mallet buffs (now you're not paying 800 for perma slow, it's more like 300 now), it's not necessarily the best choice for slows, some bruisers benefit more from spending 3k gold on that than 3.4k on this. Jax and Nasus definitely wants frozen fist, but other bruisers such as Wukong, Trundle, and Olaf could go either way, and honestly, Jarvan Xin and Irelia have such long cooldowns that they would be better off with frozen mallet.

Cauldrath

11-21-2012

My guess is that the default build for bruisers (barring any changes) is going to wind up being P Blade, Sheen, BFT, Frozen Fist, because it gives quite a bit of damage without sacrificing tankiness, with a nice, smooth gold to power curve.