Frozen Fist discussion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Averath

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigglyThePuff View Post
Skarner is going to love it.
There is no real point to get it on Skarner. The passive is a waste since Skarner's Q already essentially offers a perma-slow. You're better off getting Frozen Heart in that case.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I'm worried because the champions most likely to benefit from this item don't really need the help. Not to mention perma-slow is incredibly frustrating to play against. We'll see how it turns out.
Yep, it makes perfect sense on sr due to it being a niche pick for those champs that can make use of its unique stats (singed, nasus, blitz, urgot). On dom though, most of these champs do just fine/are kind of op.

Incidentally, since you also headed up Proving Grounds, is there any chance that BOTRK will make it to PG? there aren't really very many lifesteal choices on PG, and the item that provides ad percent health damage, kitae's can't be used on ad casters like panth, talon, etc.

Abjurant

11-20-2012

lol hecarim... is going to be a pain in the ass with this. then again, he already is with trinity force and/or frozen mallet. so, no biggie on this. as long as you nerf phage to theGROUND I HATE THAT STRUPID THINGY IT IS 80% SLOW ON ME AND 10% SLOW ON ENEMEIS WTKFLKDSANFSDLKFNVSLDKNSDV

please

SFG mAEtb0y

11-20-2012

What Nome said. It's not great for that many champs, and the champs it's good for it's kind of too good for.

DiscworldDeath

11-20-2012

To me, the real downside of this item is that you're usually getting this instead of Frozen Heart.

But against a mostly AD/AA team, getting both this and FH can be brutal, especially if you have what to do with all that mana. Light on offense, it's true, so definitely another trade-off there.

I'm interested in seeing how it pans out.

spicyurn

11-20-2012

I really really want to build this item on maokai

BetterCa11Sau1

11-20-2012

Blitzcrank with frozen fist sounds like a nightmare.

Weirding ways

11-21-2012

I actually think it'll be great on ryze. Gives ap, more mana then frozen heart, and a slow that you can easily perma-proc. That + the new manamune, and mixing in autoattacks in his combo should work pretty well.

Tempestphile

11-21-2012

Quote:
Frozen Fist
Item Cost: 3400
Recipe Cost: 640
+40 Ability Power +500 Mana +60 Armor +15% Cooldown Reduction
UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.
In case anyone is too lazy to look it up

Aroyok

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
But against a mostly AD/AA team, getting both this and FH can be brutal, especially if you have what to do with all that mana. Light on offense, it's true, so definitely another trade-off there.

I'm interested in seeing how it pans out.
Maybe it's just me, but I think if you get FH+FF you probably won't have enough HP to survive an AD who has LW. Or at the very least, you wouldn't have enough effective HP to make it through focusfire from people with sufficient ArP. Who knows though...it's hard to test the new patch in a Dominion specific environment because it's virtually impossible to get games going for it. But, if you do go up vs a 5AD team, there wouldn't be anything stopping you from building 2 Frozen Hearts(if FF wasn't available).

FF gives you a very good option on any champ who uses a shield that scales on AP. For most of these champs, it boosts their shield strength AND gives them mitigation, and anyone who's seen a good Karma understands how dangerous a shield+tank stats can be! I would use this as a staple on Karma, Skarner, Nautilus, ect.