Pantheon's Ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LigerZeroXX

11-20-2012

WE can all agree that it needs to be changed. (pantheon players) IT feels lacklustre and makes his kit on the whole weaker.

From my point of view it needs to give him a viability in team fights via armor

the channel time is to o high for a near by location. I would rather have a quick hop if its within a short radius then a long one, it makes no sense to be honest.

third Its a confusing skill Its a question of Am i using this for damage or for the gap closer or for the slow? It feels nice to have the utility but lacks the dedication of a powerful ultimate.

*I play pantheon EXTREMELY(half my games) often and these questions oft come to mind.

EDIT if it was a quick hop it might be akin to a Jarvem ulti but with a slow instead. maybe be reduced dmg?

Todas

11-20-2012

I think it'd be cool if with his whole W-jump thing, instead of locking onto the target and jumping to them after he landed he'd just fall directly on them.

Of course that'd probably make it completely overpowered.

Drozzi

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Devilfish View Post
hence the "cutting off" of the enemy team?

you must have chosen not to read that part.

also, if you use the ult AFTER a fight has started, the enemy team is much less likely to try and avoid it.
You can't "cut off" the enemy team with pantheon unless you're ridiculously fed, youre a squishy ad assassin jumping into 5 champs, you'd be dead before you killed anyone, good job you just made the teamfight 4v5

but yes you can jump in after the fight has started, but the thing is teamfights move all the time so even then it's not a guaranteed hit

I read it, I chose to ignore it for reasons above.

Todas

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drozzi View Post
You can't "cut off" the enemy team with pantheon unless you're ridiculously fed, youre a squishy ad assassin jumping into 5 champs, you'd be dead before you killed anyone, good job you just made the teamfight 4v5

but yes you can jump in after the fight has started, but the thing is teamfights move all the time so even then it's not a guaranteed hit

I read it, I chose to ignore it for reasons above.
I guess that's probably the real skill-ceiling for Panth. When you master dat Ult, you've got it made.

Guy Deathscare

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todas View Post
I guess that's probably the real skill-ceiling for Panth. When you master dat Ult, you've got it made.
You can't even build damage for it,why would you even build ap which would already gimp the damage for your current AD/armorpen

Vertchewal

11-20-2012

Use it during a fight already engaged. It's going to breakup whatever is going on already, or you're going to catch people standing there and taking damage. Excellent for when the enemy is diving a tower, or sometimes when I get dove as Panth, I will ult on top of the tower just for lolz. By this time your opponent has probably used their cc, and have to now decide whether those 2 tower hits when you are in the air are worth taking plus your damage when you comeback down. Also for Dragon/Baron fights it's a good tool. Not really for open ground team fights I agree.

t3hep1cf47m4n

11-20-2012

all about that positioning.

have your teammates stall them somewhere where it's hard to maneuver out of ( like say mid lane right before the second tower ) and then drop in from behind, this forces a choice:

- move forward to get out of the blast radius and then have the peelers either CC me so i don't maul their carry and leave their front exposed or CC the guys trying to get through and have their carry defend themselves.

- move back through the ult so that the carry is still in the back and take abit of damage and fight at a health disadvantage ( and other disadvantages, i usually pop randuins the moment i land, if i have zhonya's i use that too so i can contribute more to the fight. )

Captain Jamaica

11-20-2012

5000 range gapcloser with good aoe dmg for teamfights, ill take it

R2D2 Bot

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivayne View Post
I think it's more of to mess up player positioning, but I do agree that it needs to be updated, It feels pretty useless for a bruiser skill to me.
I think hes supposed to be an assassin

Devious Rogue

11-20-2012

Some games there's very few chances to use Pantheon's Ult's effectively because the enemy knows if they get caught in a full blown team fight, Pantheon is going to come crashing down on them. This is also true of Heavy AOE Teams (Fiddles, Kennen, Galio, Amumu, Wu, Sona, Zyra, Cass, MF, etc) because the enemy knows better than to get into a teamfight where their entire team can get AOE'd to death.

However, his Ult can be great for well-timed ganks and cutting people off. It's impossible to ward against a Pantheon Gank when he's using his Ulti. The front line (ADCs etc) engage, and as soon as that happens, the Pantheon circle appears behind you. Even if you retreat full speed and burn Flash, you'll get caught by Pantheon. If you retreat to the side, you'll get caught by Pantheon AND the other team's front line. If you stay and fight, you're out-numbered, and one does not simply win fights outnumbered. Also, split-pushing and mobility.