Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Godot, the Recreant

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SavageFxcker

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Godot, the Recreant, is a support champion who may also be a viable mid. None of his abilities are direct, all of them are AoE. With max CDR he can make a viable burst champion with the spamming of his E and using his Q after his W. He has decent poke potential making him a support superior to others, and his abilities make him a great team fighter. He can heal the mass of his friendly champions while damaging enemy ones and his W makes it so that friendlies can do more damage in fights. His ultimate gives his team mates the advantage in team fights, although the long cooldown makes it so that his ultimate may not be able to be used in every fight.

Role: Support/Mage

Tags: 1-10
Offense: 4
Defense:5
Ability Power:8
Difficulty: 9

Statistics:
Health: 410(+67)
Health Regen 3.5(+.75)
Mana: 320(+48)
Mana Regen: 6(+0.8)
Range: 175
Attack DMG: 52(+3)
Attack Speed: 0.575(+2.26%)
Magic Resist: 28
Movement Speed: 310
Armor: 14(+2.8)

Skills:

Passive: Nourishment - Healing effects on friendly champions are increased by 10%

Q: Reckoning - Godot calls down a beam of light from the heavens on a target location. If a friendly champion is hit, they are healed for 50/100/150/200/300 (+25% ability power). If an enemy is hit they are damaged for 50/75/125/175/250 (+60% ability power). Cooldown: 21 seconds (-1 second per level)

W: Judgement - Godot releases an eye of light, revealing the surrounding location for 20 seconds. If an enemy comes in contact with the eye, they are revealed for 5 seconds and are charged with energy for 4 seconds; if a friendly champion casts an ability on the charged champion the energy is ignited, causing the ability cast to deal +20% magic damage. Cooldown: 20 seconds (-2 seconds per level)

E: Clemency - Godot dashes to the target location. If he collides with a friendly champion they gain 25/50/100/150/250 (+15% ability power) mana and they gain 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% movement speed for 3 seconds. If he collides with an enemy champion they are slowed by 5%/10%/15%/20%/25% for 3 seconds and they lose 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% of their health over 3 seconds. Cooldown: 16 seconds (-1 second per level)

R: Proclamation of Light - Godot calls upon the heavens, causing an area to be illuminated. Friendly champions within the area gain 35/50/80 armor and 20/40/60 magic resist for 15 seconds. Enemy champions within the area are blinded for 1/1.5/2 seconds. Cooldown: 180 seconds (-20 seconds per level)

Mini Lore:
Godot was once a faithful Chaplain in Damacia, but he was banished do to heresy. As others of his kind used the power of light to help citizens, he used it to punish. He believed that if people feared the power of light that they may be loyal, but many disagreed. He's joined the League to try and prove himself worth of this power and to sway others towards his beliefs.

The5lacker

11-20-2012

All abilities have to scale on the same number, I.E. 50/100/150/200/250, not 50/100/150/200/300. In addition, having a passive that increases healing is just kinda...silly. I mean, how many ways does a champion have to heal their teammates? Their abilities, and maybe the Heal summoner spell? Why not just work the scaled healing into his abilities and be done with it.

In addition, his healing is...well, it's frankly very terrible. 15% AP scaling? Good god, that's just...wow. Combine that with the rather absurdly long cooldown on all of his abilities, and you have a champion who just...doesn't do much. I mean, really. This guy makes an underwhelming support and a rather laughable mid.

It's so bizarre to have a champion concept that's woefully underpowered rather than overpowered, but somehow that's what we've ended up with. Turn him up a notch or two and we'll see, but as of right now, I know I'd certainly never play him, and I play Karma.

SavageFxcker

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
The5lacker:
All abilities have to scale on the same number, I.E. 50/100/150/200/250, not 50/100/150/200/300. In addition, having a passive that increases healing is just kinda...silly. I mean, how many ways does a champion have to heal their teammates? Their abilities, and maybe the Heal summoner spell? Why not just work the scaled healing into his abilities and be done with it.

In addition, his healing is...well, it's frankly very terrible. 15% AP scaling? Good god, that's just...wow. Combine that with the rather absurdly long cooldown on all of his abilities, and you have a champion who just...doesn't do much. I mean, really. This guy makes an underwhelming support and a rather laughable mid.

It's so bizarre to have a champion concept that's woefully underpowered rather than overpowered, but somehow that's what we've ended up with. Turn him up a notch or two and we'll see, but as of right now, I know I'd certainly never play him, and I play Karma.

*Ahem* I'm obviously an amateur so instead of saying it's a TERRIBLE idea how about give me some real feedback? You can't simply shutdown an idea like that, you build off of it. Your way of critiquing is saying that "your idea is ****, and mine is amazing". Well no, it's not. It's a good idea, how about you help improve it instead of making it sound like a really bad idea? It's completely original, so instead of ****ting on the idea, why not help me out you know, and make it better. I'm sure every idea at Riot isn't completely awesomely crazily amazing at first, you just have to build off of it and improve it. Your opinion is bad, and you should feel bad.

Nazrethim

11-21-2012

Interesting champion, here are my sugestions or you.
-Develop the lore
-add a recomended build
-reduce R cooldown, or make it a really powerful ability
-reduce Q cooldown
-increase Q & E the AP scaling.

He reminds me of a good story "waiting for godot" ^^

Keep up your work and I'm sure you will make him a good champion

Lord Faff

11-21-2012

Godot? (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Godot.png/200px-Godot.png)

srsly though, I like this champ as a concept. The lore should be expanded on (love me some lore), his R and Q need a cooldown nerf, and his Q and E are missing their scaling ratio. It also wouldn't hurt to add recommended items, and even "how to play as" and "how to play against". that kinda stuff justs puts fanmade champs above and beyond.

SavageFxcker

Recruiter

11-21-2012

Quote:
Nazrethim:
He reminds me of a good story "waiting for godot" ^^

That's where I got the name