I am from SR

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mansa TChalla

11-20-2012

I don't know how to play this mode but I'm willing to learn. One thing I cannot stand is the inability to see things coming. These are some problems I have.

1. There is no counter play unless you want to play on a ranked team. At team select, premade or normal solo q, youre hoping your enemies are worse than you and make more mistakes than you. There is no counter play in taking cleanse or something if you see heavy CC or no normal draft to ban certain champions out of the pool.

2. Maybe this is just obsession from SR, but I can't stand not being able to see anything on this map unless someone is at an altar. If I get ganked and I don't have some epic escape move, then I'm dead. It makes me want to play champs like Lee Sin, Riven, Katarina, Jax, Jayce... I don't feel like always having to play these champs just to be safe from ganks.

3. I don't know, but from the time I played old twisted tree line and this, I feel like lanes are so short. Unless I have a bunch of CC or dashes, champions can escape to jungle way too freaking easy. I liked the old TT top jungle because it was so far away from bot lane and even if you did get ganked from the jungle on top[ you could juke through all the bushes and get away.

4. My friend was telling me I died because I was over extended and the enemy was MIA. I feel like you play the ENTIRE game this way. I feel like, If I don't want to get ganked I should play blink/dash/ms champions or just sit under tower.

I want to play this map, but I'm just so frustrated. I always see Riot talking about how they want their game to be 'easy to play' and 'hard to master'. I am a noob at this new TT and I rarely played the new TT. I might have like 50 games COMBINED on both and I started playing at the beginning of S2. You get punished so hard for getting ganked, but yet you can do nothing against it (as a noob I feel this way) and its not like dominion where 1 death means really nothing.

Mansa TChalla

11-20-2012

please help, would love to learn to play this but its very frustrating for me

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-20-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Most of your concerns are valid, and while they'll be eased as you learn to divert more attention to map awareness and MIAs, there's still a large element of uncertainty on the map. We're working to ease some of that on the design side with each upcoming patch, but in the meanwhile, I'd highly suggest you get in the habit of purchasing Hextech Sweeper on AP and Grez's Spectral Lantern on AD to cover your flanks.

Blackfire447

11-20-2012

Kinda confused you say you feel unsafe and you feel like you have to play dash/escape champs so you don't constantly die to ganks.

But then you say that you feel the lanes are too short and people get away too easily.

Anyways, from my few games I've played recently, I like not having vision, helps communication to make it more important, and bruisers are my fav so I luv em

WhackedRak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I've played a few and I've gotten this vibe that ghost is to TT as flash is to SR. The towers are so far apart that you cant exactly just flash back to safety when you get ganked. But ghost is a reliable means of escape, pursuit and overall combat mobility on TT.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-21-2012

1, Pick Olaf
2. Pick Olaf again
3.??????
4. Win games

Redenbacher

11-21-2012

1) This is currently true, and I have hopes that the new itemization will fix that.
2) This is an obsession from SR, and part of the learning curve. Learning how to handle that small degree of uncertainty will help your map awareness skill when you go back to SR. The bottom line is that if you're pushed to the middle of the lane, and the enemy is not in a lane, you're probably in line to get ganked. You don't really need a ward to tell you that, it's fairly obvious.

What to do instead of push? Back off in to your jungle, supplement with jungle creeps if you're not hurting your jungler. If the enemy team is visible on the map, invade or gank. Finally, you can always go back to base and buy.

3) Like Nome said, Hextech Sweeper and Grez's Spectral Lantern. Do not underestimate the power of active vision. They might be able to get in to the fog, but that's it. However, any champion without sticking power is going to have trouble sticking, no matter what map you're playing. This is where teammates come in, and why a team full of ADCs is bad.

4) See response to (2).

Mansa TChalla

11-21-2012

@RiotNome (Yay first red response)

Oh sweet. All right. I will buy these items. Maybe I am just too used to 3 mintues of vision.

@Whacked

That does sound A LOT better than flash, plus that would solve some of my issues when finishing low opponents before they can reach their jungle.

@Backfire

What I mean by that is like this..

I feel like the jungler is very safe in this jungle, and can gank easily from front or behind, yet I feel like I can only just run away. Like, if the bottom and top walls were symmetrical, I could probably have a better time juking through brush. Even though my opponent has the same struggle as I do when chasing them for a fatal hit, it would be very easy for both of us to run into jungle depending on the minion wave to be closer to an ally.

Splorchess

11-21-2012

*******http://tinypic.com/r/i4lb2o/6********
Me and my friends find whats best are characters with high burst aoe/cc. We usually set up with Riven + Annie + 1 other AD/tank type and time our attacks together. If you queue solo I'd say aim for penetration as most people usually want to carry and don't communicate or think to build tanky, which makes just a little penetration golden for instantly nuking people.

Since a lot of the fighting takes place in tight quarters I am always playing Annie. I build boots + doran ring start, finish spell pen boots and go straight for wooglets for the high ap + hourglass ability. Then the mask > torch and abyss scepter. with +10 spell penn from runes thats usually enough to make anyone that doesn't build magic resists beyond 70 take true damage from me. At level 18 and almost full build thats 900+ tibbers + 700 Incinerate, and if you hit 2 people with the tibbers initiation your looking at 1600 across 2 people + someone catches a 600 damage fireball. Catching the whole team with tibbers is usually an instant team fight win. if the enemies turn on you tap wooglets and let your team wipe out what remains. Anyone who gets hurt and runs is targeted with the riven ult (in our premades). The flip side is when teams build heavy magic resists I'll build more tanky on annie and get some team support items, making me an annoying stun factory that is almost impossible to kill without seriously jumping in full swing.

The images of my history is half premade group half solo queue. All Annie. All victories.

Mansa TChalla

11-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Most of your concerns are valid, and while they'll be eased as you learn to divert more attention to map awareness and MIAs, there's still a large element of uncertainty on the map. We're working to ease some of that on the design side with each upcoming patch, but in the meanwhile, I'd highly suggest you get in the habit of purchasing Hextech Sweeper on AP and Grez's Spectral Lantern on AD to cover your flanks.
Ok so I played lee sin, I got this item and it worked a lot better than expected. I didn't lane, but it helped in clutch situations. We won that game, but I really feel like singed was carrying with that BFT lol.

But thanks for the tips.

@Whacked

I am gonna try ghost and exh, and leave smite out until I get a bit better at learning the map.