My Opinions on Champions I Play.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zagna

11-22-2012

Lol, yeah. The way that Nunu is still hidden- even the ult itself is hidden while channeling it in the bushes is one way to keep from beign interrupted on it. XD Not to mention a way for the players to go, 0_o o_0 'What just happened?!'

ChaosIsOrder

11-23-2012

So. I just bought Leona the other day, and since I haven't played her since her last free week rotation, I completely failed in the first game. I have a lot of love for Leona, as she was the first champion I played when I started. (She was on free week and she looked easy.) I've noticed that Leona can be very difficult to play at first, but somehow I managed it. Anyway, I really don't have any idea how to build her, aside from the usual tank. I feel like a simple tank build doesn't do her amazing AS and CC justice. She has one of the highest base AS in the game, an AoE slow/stun, a spammable stun, a root/gap closer, and an AoE that gives her incredible Armor and Magic Res boosts. I would just go AP carry, but her AP scaling is, well, pathetic. Not to mention her most spammable ability has a 7second cooldown. I've tried AP/AD hybrid, but it just plain sucks early game. And how many times have you heard someone say "Don't feed Leona!"? I never have. So, I feel like there's something I'm missing, because I see people play her a lot in Ranked...

If you have any comments or questions, I'd love to hear them. Also, I would appreciate any opinions on how to build Leona.

Zagna

11-23-2012

I have played as Leona once, and i stunk as her.

From what you have to say about her however, i would say that she would make a great support character- or pure AD based on her nice abilities of crowd control and the base AS that she has.

I do not have any builds in particular, but i bet you can find one that would fit her well.

fromancer

11-23-2012

leona is a good pick, but she relies on a aggressive lane partner
to make the most out of her passive and stuns.
if you are looking to run a more passive lane then i recommend skipping leona.
also i would recommend building health over armor at first,due to her w.(aegis for sup, warmogs for tank)
she was my main towards the end of last season rolled an 80% win rate till the last week lol.
but this is coming from a guy in elo hell.

TheOneMillion

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterAJ42 View Post
OK. Time for the next champion, Nunu. Probably the most obnoxiously fun champion to play, Nunu is one of my stranger choices. I never jungle with Nunu, since I play that position as Maokai. Karma, Sona and Leona are my main supports, and I usually go top with Nasus, Garen or, occasionally, Kayle. As for AD carry, I only play that position if Ezreal or Caitlyn are on free week rotation. Therefore, the only remaining position is mid. Here's how AP carry Nunu usually goes...

I use 30/0/0 masteries for maximum damage, along with Surge and Exhaust. I start off with a Meki Pendant and a few Mana Potions, and I go with Nunu's Q. Basically, the most useful skill for jungling is now the second most powerful form of AP carry sustain, only beaten by Master Yi's 400% Meditate. So my build is all about maximizing damage output and sustain. I go for an end build of Sorcerer's Shoes, Will of the Ancients, Void Staff, Abyssal Scepter, Rabadon's Deathcap, and an Archangel's Staff. I get these items as I feel necessary, since the order doesn't matter too much. I usually end up with an absurd amount of AP, around 700, causing my Q to heal approximately 1250 health. Not to mention the fact that a fully-channeled ult does 1175 (+1750) damage to each enemy hit, and heals me for 20% of the total damage dealt. Oh, and the damage from my Ice Ball is around 1000, every 6 seconds with no CDR. Yeah. Talk about "a ton of damage!"

The biggest issue with this build is that it isn't very good in team fights. But its great for making sure no one escapes from a team fight. Oh, and pretty much any form of hard CC makes this build really easy to counter, due to almost no tankiness whatsoever.

So that's how I play Nunu. And it works well for me, since the only game I lost was against a Volibear and a Singed who were determined to make sure I never got to channel my ult for the full duration. So, yeah. Keep sharing your comments, questions and opinions!
If you can play as AP nunu and get away with it (with 30/0/0....? What are you grabbing past 21 that is increasing your AP damage?), your opponents are being very stupid. Especially since your defensive item consists of.. Abyssal.

Of course, the once every 10 games where you single handedly one shot the entire enemy team could make up for it

ChaosIsOrder

11-23-2012

Yeah. Quadrakills are always fun. Anyway, the reason I go with 30/0/0 masteries is because of his W. The attack speed is pointless if you have no power behind the attacks. If you do anything else you end up with an AP mid with incredible scaling, but a wasted passive and only 2 useful abilities to fight with. Also, I changed my build slightly. I now take Surge and Promote as my Summoner skills. The power of a Promoted minion with Blood Boil and Nunu with Surge and Blood Boil is incredible, enough to take down a turret in 10 seconds. (I timed it.) The Promoted minion gets 1.875 Attack Speed. It even killed a recalling champion once, and everyone was laughing like crazy. So, yes, 30/0/0 doesn't do a whole lot for my AP, but around 700 AP just from items is pretty good, I think. I'm still experimenting with Nunu, so I'll keep updating my builds. Especially after the Preseason

ChaosIsOrder

11-23-2012

And yes, I do die a lot in team fights, which is the problem with AP Nunu, but no one has ever been able to successfully 1v1 past 20:00. Ever. And I usually try to get the enemy to gank a lot, because, even if I die, I take a few with me and force the rest to recall, giving the rest of my team freedom to push hard. As long as they actually listen to me and push. Most of the time they think its a team fight and leave lane. I've learned that strategy only works when people understand and agree with it...

Zagna

12-08-2012

You're not going to post anymore of the champs you play as?

I was looking forward to reading them.