Stuck in ELO HELL, because of trolls.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claytone

11-20-2012

I started at 1300 elo, gaining rapidly, but then 7 games in a row people trolled, we got annie who only speaks GREEK, and was 0/11 with 60 CS at the 20 minute mark. We got people playing teemo support/top. etc.

I average a game 7/4/5 with my favorite AP mid(diana) and around 300 CS around the 40 minute mark, compared to other's 150. Now, Since im stuck around the 1000 mark, Its IMPOSSIBLE to get out. I always get trolls and people who feed. I invited my friend who was 1300 elo to play with me, and boy he agreed it was a HELL HOLE.

I almost ALWAYS win a lane, at lvl 6 I am able to roam and usually gank top or bot 2 times each. But my team ALWAYS throws it, AFKS, or leaves.

PLEASE help, I can't do anything, and the farther I go down, the worse people get!

KnightxSScarlett

11-20-2012

Elo Hell doesn't exist. I find that just about everyone complaining about Elo Hell always says, "I win my lane but my team throws". What this tells me is that you're busy trying to play hero instead of working with your team. Maybe your team "threw" because you weren't there to back them up. Be a team player.

Duo with someone else in your Elo, preferably jungle if you play mid. Win games with ganks.

Claytone

11-20-2012

There is Elo HELL, Bot or TOp usally can't attack-move, or lasthit. I gank top and bot 2 times a game usually. I have tried duo'ing, but that never works.

KnightxSScarlett

11-20-2012

You played 1 ranked game in Season 2 and you have played 34 games in Season 3. Again, chill out, you're not in Elo Hell. You're in the 1200's for pete's sake.

HiveCommander

11-20-2012

the 'no ELO-Hell' argument only exists for people that have never been there. There are a lot of people who troll in this game, and when they troll in ranked, their teams lose. A LOT.
Those people get terrible, terrible ELO. They may occassionaly win against a bad team, or get carried to victory, which keeps their ELO reasonable-ish (let's assume around 800-1200). So you'll find that the lower end of the spectrum has a lot of trolls, a lot of bad players, and a lot of people stuck in ELO Hell (who I'll refer to as prisoners). When you get outright pubstomped, chances are you're up against a team of prisoners, and have a few trolls or unskilled players on your team.

tl;dr ELO Hell does exist. Mageinta Warrior, are you denying that there are trolls in this game? (Trundle notwithstanding) Because there has to be a place for them, and it's not often 1600+

Atzigan

11-20-2012

Not because you win your lane you will win the game. What I would do in your shoes is. If you're mid and diana, you have decent mobility act as a ganker push lane destroy tower go top or mid whoever lane has the most problems and gank it. Don't depend on the jungler. Counter gank their jungle, take their wraiths, ward jump on the jungler when you have the opportunity and assist your teamates. That's how you win games. By helping other lanes win theirs too. There is no point in being fed when 5 people can just burst you to death because your teamates are behind. I mainly play Top, and if I am very well ahead of my enemy I go towards the jungler's red or blue ward there and get an opportunity to attack. If i'm losing top badly I let the top guy push it destroy my tower while I gank bottom or mid, "Because the enemy is not expecting me to show up and assist my teamates" and then once my tower is dead start farming to catch up. It's all about helping your teamates get ready for the team fights.

KnightxSScarlett

11-20-2012

I've been to 600 Elo and back. I played Malphite and carried my team. Malphite's always banned now? I play Singed and carry my team. When Singed starts getting banned? I'll play Amumu, Nautilus, Galio, and carry my team. Elo Hell doesn't exist.

I am one of the biggest trolls in ranked that you need to worry about.

iRetreat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiveCommander View Post
the 'no ELO-Hell' argument only exists for people that have never been there. There are a lot of people who troll in this game, and when they troll in ranked, their teams lose. A LOT.
Those people get terrible, terrible ELO. They may occassionaly win against a bad team, or get carried to victory, which keeps their ELO reasonable-ish (let's assume around 800-1200). So you'll find that the lower end of the spectrum has a lot of trolls, a lot of bad players, and a lot of people stuck in ELO Hell (who I'll refer to as prisoners). When you get outright pubstomped, chances are you're up against a team of prisoners, and have a few trolls or unskilled players on your team.

tl;dr ELO Hell does exist. Mageinta Warrior, are you denying that there are trolls in this game? (Trundle notwithstanding) Because there has to be a place for them, and it's not often 1600+
I have been at low Elo. At the start of season 2 I lost 11 ranked games in a row due to leavers, unskilled teammates, and poor gameplay on my part. I took a break, cooled off, and started playing ranked again and with the same bad players and trolls. I then carried myself very far from that Elo. There is no Elo you can't carry yourself out of if you belong in a higher Elo bracket.

Trolls obviously exist in this game, and so far the worst trolls I've seen were at 1600 Elo. I've had teleport/revive rammus, people who AFK the entire game except to move around in fountain every 10 minutes to avoid being kicked, etc. There will always be trolls, however, if you never troll there is a higher chance they will be on the enemy team, and after enough matches having trolls playing ranked can only help your Elo.

The people who believe in an "Elo hell" tend to be players who get upset easily, who blame others, and players who aren't actively trying to improve their gameplay. My suggestion for the OP would be to stay relaxed when playing, watch your temper, don't blame others when they make mistakes, and try to assist your team and guide them to large objectives. And when I say guide them, I mean try to lead them with respect and patience, not as a demanding tyrant. Kindness goes a long way.

tl;dr Elo Hell doesn't exist.

LoneChipmunk

11-20-2012

And complaning on the forums helps how?

adc

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRetreat View Post
I have been at low Elo. At the start of season 2 I lost 11 ranked games in a row due to leavers, unskilled teammates, and poor gameplay on my part. I took a break, cooled off, and started playing ranked again and with the same bad players and trolls. I then carried myself very far from that Elo. There is no Elo you can't carry yourself out of if you belong in a higher Elo bracket.

Trolls obviously exist in this game, and so far the worst trolls I've seen were at 1600 Elo. I've had teleport/revive rammus, people who AFK the entire game except to move around in fountain every 10 minutes to avoid being kicked, etc. There will always be trolls, however, if you never troll there is a higher chance they will be on the enemy team, and after enough matches having trolls playing ranked can only help your Elo.

The people who believe in an "Elo hell" tend to be players who get upset easily, who blame others, and players who aren't actively trying to improve their gameplay. My suggestion for the OP would be to stay relaxed when playing, watch your temper, don't blame others when they make mistakes, and try to assist your team and guide them to large objectives. And when I say guide them, I mean try to lead them with respect and patience, not as a demanding tyrant. Kindness goes a long way.

tl;dr Elo Hell doesn't exist.
Here's the thing: You're a platinum level player. If I'm a mid gold player (say 1.6k), I'm going to have a lot of trouble carrying at 1400. I did 1275-1475 in 40 games, and then sat at 1475 for 40 games because of bad teams feeding. I'll eventually get higher, but it will take hundreds of games. The concept isn't really saying "it's utterly and completely impossible to get past X Elo", it's "it takes a stupidly long time to get to X Elo if you're 100-200 below X Elo."