Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Poppy will be one of the worst champs S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JedimasterDarren

11-20-2012

One of my mains is Poppy. I primarily jungle her and also go duo lane. I have failed horribly in comparision to Season 2. Here is why:

Primary Build - Trinity, tanky

1) Philo stone GP5 and regen seriosly nerfed. No longer useable on her to great effect. She needs it to lane especially. She needs good regen.

2) Shurelya Reveria way over nerfed.

3) Trinity, her first main item, was nerfed hard. I could consistenly get a philo or maldreds (the 1000 gold version) plus boots and trinity force by 20 minutes with 2-3 kills. Trinity seems to be 80% of what it was.

4) Poppy was great with defense tree. Indominatable nerf his her hard as well as no 3% movement speed and lose of scalling cooldown. Defense is pretty bad on her for Jungle. She needs to run 21 in Offense or Utility now.

5) Trinity Poppy love Mpen, however, know you have to spec 4 points in scaling AP to get it. Not worth it IMO.

6) Tanky items, in particular resistances more so than HP, benefit poppy a lot. They are harder to itemize.

7) The 3 jungle upgrades from spirit stone don't work well with her as trinity tanky. Maybe AP Poppy for the spell vamp and cooldown one. But Trinity Poppy does not need the 30 AP which is largely a waste on her. I think Maldreds or wriggles is her best choice.

8) Jungle poppy was a strong level 2 ganker, but now that is very difficult, especialy with everyone getting 25 movement, starting with a machete which deals no damage to champions, minion aggro and other changes.

9) The machete and spirit stone do not effect minions. When she trys to farm in lane, it is brutal.

10) Mana regen, due to philo nerf, is harder to come by and she has one of the lowest base mana, per level and regen rates.

11) Frozen Heart and Wits End are good items to compliment trinity force, both nerfed more.

12) New items don't seem to work on her as well as other champs. Frozen Fist has promise, but the 40-50 AP is largely a waste on tanky Poppy. Would good path is there for sheen for her?

13) Crit build with IE and phantom dancer nerfed pretty good. Poppy really needs the movement speed on phantom dancer.

Positive side:

1) Utility tree is pretty good for jungle and transition to mid game, primary because she get get 3 Life steal and spell vamp with 3 points, plus cooldown, movement speed, buff duration.

2) Manamura has promise to help with mana issues if using wriggles and getting bonus AD and magic damage on active for bursts of damage with Ult. This seems the best way for her now.

3) Though Hydra may be promising, I don't think the life steal procures on her Q? I do not know, but I think the special case of Poppys Q being all magic damage should still active the lifesteal on the item as those are the hits everyone cares about.

4) Spirit Visage will be good on her, especially if she has good life steal or Spell Vamp.

Please let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

Jedi

Warkeiser

11-20-2012

Quote:
JedimasterDarren:
I could consistenly get a philo or maldreds (the 1000 gold version) plus boots and trinity force by 20 minutes with 2-3 kills. Trinity seems to be 80% of what it was.

And you don't see a problem with that?

ReluctantFantasy

11-20-2012

Good, I dont want to see people play more broken champs than Daruis.. I dont see why a champion if the enemy team has no disengage can closer her eyes and win game

Jax rework was there now poppy needs to be reworked

NotBuzzJack

11-20-2012

Just stop for a second. These item changes impact EVERYONE, not just Poppy.

Talamare

11-20-2012

Muramana Zephyr Poppy

Sauvagess

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Poppy is an assassin, not a tank. If you want a tanky assassin, play Irelia.

Also, Riot, please nerf Irelia.

Sintobus

11-20-2012

Already got a friend who jungles her on PBE on a regular basis get over your self and try new strategies....

doombotMECHA

11-20-2012

you'll just have to change your instagib build
poppy has the problem of being difficult to learn, but easy to master--that is to say, there are fail poppies and autowin poppies, and that's it

Kise

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
Talamare:
Muramana Zephyr Poppy

this

JedimasterDarren

11-23-2012

Quote:
Warkeiser:
And you don't see a problem with that?

The problem is that unlike many other champs, poppy is really dependent on triforce and philo stone to shurelya. Both those items were nerfed really hard. Get it?