Welp, the newbs have struck again.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChampStat

11-20-2012

Remember how, in the old TT, the "noob strategy" was for all 3 to rush to that tiny little bush at the very bottom, then wait for the enemy to facecheck, despite the fact that they were 95.78% confident you were waiting there? In the new TT, they've invented something even dumber. Each team will sit in the bush in between their altar and the speed shrine. And they will do nothing. Just play a game of chicken with no tangible advantage. What makes it even funnier is that teams fall for it. I just played a game where the enemy Morgana waltzed in and got instagibbed.

So my question, to the pros: What do you do before minions spawn?

And two other questions that I've been pondering: Do you guys have any rules of thumb for contesting an altar?
And what sort of items starts do you use?(I understand that you will vary based on champion/enemy team, but what things work best?)

Demonicous

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

I have actually seen more stalemate beginnings in TT...

Basically all 3 move together as a group from top to bot lane passing by Altar untill at least when everyone is level 9 then people split off and do their own thing...

The bad thing about this is that it makes for a very slow early game... and no one takes risks... at least among the good players...

Once level 9 hits its random chaos... One guy kills someone... Revenge Kill... Revenge Kill... Revenge Kill... Revenge Kill... Ace

Its rather odd... actually... however I have noticed that one of my favorite champs from way back in the day before his nerfPlosion still has serious dominance in TT... Mundo

However some friends of mine have been running a gank squad in TT consisting of Atmogs Mundo, AP Blitz, and Xin.... pull people over walls even if they are grouped up... it never fails.

TT really hasent changed much because the player approach has not changed... it think thats the root of the problem.

Goggris

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampStat View Post

So my question, to the pros: What do you do before minions spawn?
Level 1 fights are a roll of the dice even if you perceive yourself to have an advantage in team comp. Invading always gives you a disadvantage on visibility. Look at their comp, try to determine based on that how they will be starting. Then figure out how you can interrupt that. If you don't think you can, just play passive. There is no objective to take.

NinetyNineTails

11-20-2012

I hate rushing mid with the other lemmings, but usually they're not really paying enough attention to realize that they are baiting themselves into a 2v3 if I'm not there.

The one that I find I have to watch for is the brush gank in the top lane. I got that in the face a few games ago and started watching for it. Though it may be a gimmick; the next time, the next team tried it and I just sat there invisible with Teemo's passive while my bot lane free farmed for a while.

WillWW

11-20-2012

It happens more to prevent an invade. If you just leave it open, you risk the enemy team easily ganking you if you get anywhere near the mid of the lane.

TheBelovedOne

11-20-2012

just roll ap maoki and throw E after E at them, i tried it, and they actually stayed in there bush for about 4 of them, wasnt the smartest team >.> fun though XD

Tortferngatr

11-20-2012

Poke the brush first.

Spectre4802

11-20-2012

Wait, how is this different from SR where you wait in the bushes at top/bottom?

Susskind

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre4802 View Post
Wait, how is this different from SR where you wait in the bushes at top/bottom?
Oh boy..

Boo

11-20-2012

take your own golems