Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Flade - the Fae Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darklightning

11-20-2012

Flade - the Fae Trickster

"The best trick isn't one." - Flade

Support / Ranged Champion
Player Concepts - Prevents bush access, provides escapes, and sustain through abilities with great early to mid-game survivability.
-----------------------------------------
Abilities:

(Innate) Child of the Wood – Becomes invisible after 2 seconds (delayed up to 3 seconds if taking damage) when in a bush; becomes visible instantly when he leaves the bush, recalls or attacks (movement and abilities within the bush do not break invisibility).

A mixture of Nidalee and Teemo passives.

(Q) Ambrosia – Heals Flade and nearby Ally at lowest health and buffs them with Light Footing for increased movement.
COOL DOWN: 7 seconds.
COST: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 mana
HEAL: 40 / 60 / 80 / 100 / 120 (+ 25% AP)
TARGETING DIAMETER: 1000

LIGHT FOOTING (Buff): Increased movement speed when traveling on Thistle Bed
BONUS MOVEMENT SPEED: 18% / 21% / 24% / 27% / 30% (Speed drops over 1 sec. when champion exits Thistle Bed)
DURATION: 2 / 2.25 / 2.5 / 2.75 / 3 seconds

A combination of two actives of Sona without the passives.

(W) Second Shadow – Create a mirror copy of yourself that does no damage. Casting ability again moves it in the direction of your cursor.

COOLDOWN: 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 / 14
DURATION: 7 seconds
RANGE: 1125
COST: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80

Equilibrium (Passive): When Second Shadow expires or is killed nearby Allies receive 1.5 times the effects of Ambrosia, while nearby enemies receive 1.5 times the effects of Thistle Bed.
Range: 500

A combination of LeBlanc's passive Twin, and Shaco’s Clone.

(E) Thistle Bed – TOGGLE: Flade grows a trail of Thistle Flowers with Thorns at his feet that trails behind him - lasts for 3.25 seconds. Enemies caught in the path will be dealt magic damage each second for 3 seconds. Continual exposure renews the effect.

MAGIC DAMAGE PER SECOND: 22 / 34 / 46 / 58 / 70 (+ 30% AP)
TOTAL MAGIC DAMAGE: 66 / 102 / 138 / 174 / 210 (+ 90% AP)
TRAIL RADIUS: 20
COST: 14 mana per second

Same behavior as Singe's poison cloud.

(R) Day Dream – Flade darts forward, becoming untargetable while quickly travelling to a target enemy. Once Flade reaches the target (think Maokai - Twisted Advance) both champions are caught up in a day dream: suppressed and take 50% less damage while suppressed (after all resistances are calculated).

When suppression ends, enemy champion receives double the effects of Thistle Bed while allies receive double the effects of Ambrosia.

If Thistle Bed is active, it trails champion's path and remains active during root. (while suppressed, damage is decreased by 50%, but enemy takes double the effect of Thistle Bed at end of ability as indicated above... Thistle Bed does not stack with ultimate.) While 50% less damage to an enemy champion could be abused by trolls, so can Anivia's wall, and it still deserves its place in League of Legends.

Quicksilver Sash can break suppression, but champion still receives double the effects of Thistle Bed.

Double the effects of Thistle Bed and Ambrosia do not activate if Flade dies before suppression ends.

RANGE: 1200
MOVEMENT SPEED: 1200
COOLDOWN: 24 / 18 / 12
COST: 100 / 150 / 200 mana
DURATION: 2 / 2.5 / 3

Recommended Items:

- Rylai's Crystal Scepter
- Zhonya's Hourglass
- Liandry's Torment

(Love more suggestions)

Counters:

- Blitzcrank / Thresh / Nami / Lulu
- Any champion with a ranged skillshot or AOE
- Pink Ward / Oracle
- Quicksilver Sash
Possible Voice Quotes:

Champion Select: Let's just wing it.
Movement: They will soon have their own thorny problems.
Attacking - "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee."

Joke 1: Yes, yes I am bigger than Pix
Joke 2: Didn't you know? Size doesn't matter.

Taunt 1: You checking out my bush?
Taunt 2: Your grass is mine.

(I would love more Voice Quote Suggestions! - Think Shawn Connery/James Bond type personality... with a touch of insect.)

Appearance:

Has an insect like look about him like beetle legs and maybe some antennas, bug like wing kind of formed like Kha'Zix wings, but his color scheme could be sky blue and lime green with flesh tones for his actual human parts and beetle legs stretch up far enough that they would negate the need for pants and he could wear something like a folded handkerchief for a shirt (think triangle). Hair could be iridescent purple like a some bugs exoskeleton.

(I would love more Appearance Suggestions)

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Sounds cool, but I don't care much for the name Flade, sounds to much like blade. But Fae have such weird names as is.

I came up with this champ Iru-Jon (http://http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2821990) but yeah no one has commented on him, fun fact that I didn't post on the side notes, his name, Iru-Jon, is japanese for both illusion and hallucination.

Edit: Thanks for the feedback posted a second ult idea but it is still in the works

Darklightning

11-20-2012

Thanks, for the comments. I was hesitant on Flade too. I like that it sounds like flayed (to rip apart - in this case with thorns), but I am not attached to the name. I am open to other names, as I am open to any changes to this hero. I want to inspire a great champion that the community loves so much that Riot has to make it.

On that note, anyone else want me to check out their champion? I would love your thoughts on mine too!

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Bumps for a good idea, well at least I like it. >>

Also a new name Idea, Dealg it is Gaelic for thorn

Omnifinity

11-21-2012

I think Flade is fitting, both for his playstyle and for him being Fae. It sounds enough like a fantasy yet retains masculinity (as you said, "flayed&quot. I suggest keeping it.

Ability wise, Flower Bed stands out, but not exactly in a good way. If you think about it, the only time you should have it active is for harassment, which counters the bush control in his passive. That on top of having to coordinate it's activation with your ally just for a heal could mean that you're needlessly expending mana while they stand idle.

I would say make his invisibility last a few seconds after leaving brush. This way you have a cheap means of harassment, not having to rely on Second Shadow.

With a few tweaks, though, I love the idea ^_^

flamesniper

11-21-2012

No offense but the passive is a little to much like teemos but I like the idea

Darklightning

11-21-2012

Quote:
Omnifinity:
I think Flade is fitting, both for his playstyle and for him being Fae. It sounds enough like a fantasy yet retains masculinity (as you said, "flayed&quot. I suggest keeping it.

Ability wise, Flower Bed stands out, but not exactly in a good way. If you think about it, the only time you should have it active is for harassment, which counters the bush control in his passive. That on top of having to coordinate it's activation with your ally just for a heal could mean that you're needlessly expending mana while they stand idle.

I would say make his invisibility last a few seconds after leaving brush. This way you have a cheap means of harassment, not having to rely on Second Shadow.

With a few tweaks, though, I love the idea ^_^

Quote:
flamesniper:
No offense but the passive is a little to much like teemos but I like the idea

I really appreciate the feedback guys! No offense taken flamesniper, exactly duplicate to Teemo with a small change, he can move in the bush avoiding abilities. Without a pink ward or oracle it will be harder to take him out by getting him where he faded (unlike Teamo). Also he cannot be invisible anywhere, only in bushes. This helps balance out the difference.

Perhaps to satisfy both of your points, I could make it that he can use abilities without becoming visible (not attacks)? Since this would limit him to invisible harass only within the bush, which isn't that powerful and is counter-able with a pink ward.

Omni,

The flower bed is actually built off of Singe's cloud. You nailed the harass, but more than likely you would only need the speed increase if you are healing and attempting escape from enemy team. In other words his kit is very kite focused, and bush control focused.

ValorAndGlory thank you so much for the bump!

Love your thoughts on these changes all!

Osprii

11-21-2012

The passive is a combination of Teemo's and Nidalee's. Sorta.

Q: The idea is solid, a basic heal (possible movement speed buff, too), but the base damage and ratio needs to be buffed. Soraka's heal is like 70/140/210/280/350 or something like that, and I think has a ratio of about 50% AP. Her's has a cooldown of 20 seconds, so this should be about half. The 40 is good, but it should increase by 35 per level instead of 20. I suppose 25% AP is ok.

W: So, this is actually a little like the poison on Singed, but tailored for a support champion. I suppose that works, for zoning and such.

E: This is definitely a cool idea, especially for a champ that can stealth in brush. However, I think you should reduce the cooldown. It isn't so powerful that it requires a 100 second cooldown. I'm thinking more like 30/27/24/21/18 seconds. Wukong has a somewhat similar ability which has a cooldown around that length (a little shorter, actually), but his deals less damage and has less utility. So the cooldown should be just slightly longer than that.

R: This ability might be harmful to allies. What if the player has bad judgment and goes into Time Stasis at a critical moment, allowing an enemy to escape? What if the ally doesn't want to go into Time Stasis. Not to be overly critical, but I think that the ultimate is problematic in concept, even. Riot never makes abilities that can directly change an ally's play style.

Hope you can use the review! I would link to my own concepts, but I'm like, completely out of time.

Darklightning

11-21-2012

Quote:
Osprii:
The passive is a combination of Teemo's and Nidalee's. Sorta.

Q: The idea is solid, a basic heal (possible movement speed buff, too), but the base damage and ratio needs to be buffed. Soraka's heal is like 70/140/210/280/350 or something like that, and I think has a ratio of about 50% AP. Her's has a cooldown of 20 seconds, so this should be about half. The 40 is good, but it should increase by 35 per level instead of 20. I suppose 25% AP is ok.

W: So, this is actually a little like the poison on Singed, but tailored for a support champion. I suppose that works, for zoning and such.

E: This is definitely a cool idea, especially for a champ that can stealth in brush. However, I think you should reduce the cooldown. It isn't so powerful that it requires a 100 second cooldown. I'm thinking more like 30/27/24/21/18 seconds. Wukong has a somewhat similar ability which has a cooldown around that length (a little shorter, actually), but his deals less damage and has less utility. So the cooldown should be just slightly longer than that.

R: This ability might be harmful to allies. What if the player has bad judgment and goes into Time Stasis at a critical moment, allowing an enemy to escape? What if the ally doesn't want to go into Time Stasis. Not to be overly critical, but I think that the ultimate is problematic in concept, even. Riot never makes abilities that can directly change an ally's play style.

Hope you can use the review! I would link to my own concepts, but I'm like, completely out of time.

You nailed the passive. I thought it was about time the bushes had something more to offer. Also I liked the idea of a situation based invisibility. It also works well with the idea of the Fae being elusive creatures. It will also inspire teams to go through the jungle more in retreat.

Q - Based off two of the actives for Sona's abilities (has no passive but synergizes with another ability), changed cooldown to 7 seconds to match Sona's cooldown. This lower heal per cast inspires the champion to stay near the bush or forces Flade to leave the bush to support with more heals.
W - Now more powerful for zoning people out of bush since he stays invisible in the bush.
E - Now has a shorter cooldown with a lower mana cost. Based off mana cost Wukong's ability and cooldown based off Tristana's Jump.
R -Changed up the ULT to not effect other champions; I had the same thoughts, hence the 1 second escape, now it cannot be terminated early.

Always appreciate feedback and/or more bumps.

And, I would love to look at your champion designs so link up!

ValorAndGlory

Recruiter

11-21-2012

This is seriously a random thought I had, Alternative skin is Flade dressed up like a bee and for his ult he goes into a beehive on a tree the pops up out of the ground stranding the enemy on top of it, sorry about my moment of insanity plus I can't stop myself from posting this.