Let Me Make A Point

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrsVilify

11-19-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5917145/

Most of you guys will say he deserved it. Honestly, yes, he is a 'jerk' sometimes. But sometimes YOU NEED TO BE THERE to see what kind of 'irrational things' these people pull.

Case 1: The enemy team was harassing him first. The Rengar felt the need to stick up for him (In the worst way possible) because of it. Why didn't they get banned? He hardly had a say in the first case.

Case 2: Sound's like a really terrible team to me. What are we supposed to do, put up with it? Sometimes people really do troll. They don't get banned but the people that realize they're trolling do. Confusing. I do see were he got out of line but /come on./

Case 3: He was standing up for the Viktor. Diana had started it. Who says you can't stand up for others, huh? And Hecarim was trolling. What?

Case 4: Again. Bad players. But yes, he reacted wrongly.

Case 5: This isn't even worth putting up here. Leblanc was bad. She did exactly what he stated.
--

Basically, yes he reacted wrongly. Yes, he should keep his trap shut.

But sometimes those people trigger you in a way where you blow up. This guy happens to do that a lot. A good half of these people are being butt hurt and just reporting him because he poked at their internet feelings.

I'm just making a point. I'm angry. He's banned til December 3rd. REALLY?

Give me another game to play with him, then, or ban me.

And don't be like, 'seemed like he deserved it....' Seriously.

Valkron

11-19-2012

Your post is a little confusing.

Sephrinx

11-19-2012

I have given up on the tribunal. It doesn't work. 93% of the cases are banned. It is a giant steaming load of **** and I do not agree with it in any way. I pardon every single case, because I know the chances are, they are going to be punished, regardless if they deserve it or not. So I figure I bring balance to the equation, no matter how poor and bad it is.

Sephrinx

11-19-2012

downvote for truth

Cheap0

11-19-2012

He acted poorly, and got banned. You acknowledge that he acted poorly too.

So what's problem here? Why would it be fair to give him a break and not give breaks to other people who behave poorly?

In any case, a 2 week ban means that he's been warned and received temp bans before, so it's a little difficult to be sympathetic.

Yourcatmolested

11-19-2012

Behaving poorly once in a while isn't really a reason for a ban. I get suspended for leaving games for 3 days, that's fine, I deserve that. I come back, play a few days, but I literally freaked the **** out during one game because I was already in a bad mood, and it nets be a WEEK LONG ban. Did I act out of line? sure. Do I deserve a week long ban? Not at all. There were people on both sides cursing and harassing eachother, yet only I ended up with a suspension. Sometimes people push you to that point of exploding in a game and it can't be helped.

The tribunal is the source of the problem. Players should absolutely NOT be allowed to have any influence whatsoever. The last case I saw against myself, I was reported 3 times in a string of like 3 or 4 days. People automatically assume that I'm a complete ******* in every game because of that, and it's not fair. They look at 1 case, see me curse/harass, and automatically jump to the punish button.

kylar82

11-20-2012

The tribunal only determines if a punishment should be done. The tribunal does not determine the punishment that is done by riot.

Maou

11-20-2012

You have to understand that "trolling" is harder to detect than the clear and obvious obscenities and insults that this particular player was throwing around at people. The best way to deal with a troll I found is to just be as nice as possible to them. You see someone going 1/13 sure, you're going to be super steamed but just raging and cussing at them is only going to get you reported. Saying things like, "Awww good try x" or "Wow that was a really nice try to escape from 5 people in the middle of the map, really close". At least you will get your two cent insults in and not worry about being reported for calling someone a racist or homophobic slur.

Grollm

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veinne View Post
You have to understand that "trolling" is harder to detect than the clear and obvious obscenities and insults that this particular player was throwing around at people. The best way to deal with a troll I found is to just be as nice as possible to them. You see someone going 1/13 sure, you're going to be super steamed but just raging and cussing at them is only going to get you reported. Saying things like, "Awww good try x" or "Wow that was a really nice try to escape from 5 people in the middle of the map, really close". At least you will get your two cent insults in and not worry about being reported for calling someone a racist or homophobic slur.
That's actually kind of a good idea. Passive aggressive. I like it! Also, how does one see his case? I'm curious to see my tribunal case.

Yourcatmolested

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylar82 View Post
The tribunal only determines if a punishment should be done. The tribunal does not determine the punishment that is done by riot.
that's exactly the problem. If I get reported 3-4 times in a string of 20 games, and show up in the tribunal, then players see my cases, and think "Oh, he's an ******* we don't need people like him in the game!" And just punish me without even thinking "Hey, maybe he tried being nice and just hit his breaking point". It's not really fair.