Need help w/ Ryze!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

unosnow

11-23-2009

I need some help with Ryze. Hes prolly my favorite hero but i tend to get owned alot.
Im not sure what item build to get.
i usually go
philosiphers stone/boots of swiftness
then i get zhoyan's ring.
but my problem seems to be not even close to enough HP.
i get owned so quick soon as my prison is down.
any tips?

Nekogatarime

11-23-2009

Whatever items you go for are up to you. I play Ryze as a hit and run hero, always hiding behind minions when lane farming, running back a bit when feeling threatened. After hitting level 6 your ultimate pretty much makes you a hurt machine. Following the same tactic, never putting yourself in harms way. Trap them, throw you're basic ability at them, and unleash with your ultimate all in 1-2 seconds.

If you're smart with your timing, you'll make the other team cry that your ultimate is OP as it will single handedly kill any hero if bounced off yourself effectively.

ZERRES

11-23-2009

Be aware that Ryze is currently undergoing a complete overhaul on the test realm and will be quite a bit different from the current build.

As for right now... Zhonya's is a late game item and getting it early really hurts your survivability as you've seen.

I'd suggest going early catalyst, then mejai's, lichbane, and then turn your catalyst into a RoA.

Don't try to stick around and auto-attack unless its a big team fight. pop in, blow ur load and gtfo. if you kill em good if not hopefully a team mate is near by to finish them off as there isn't much you can do now.

d3l3t3

11-23-2009

well i don't know anything about a huge overhaul on Ryze, I do know that he is a really beastly killing machine. I usually go for tear of the goddess first, if you just stay behind creeps and farm and sit on tower your usually good until level 9 or 10, I suggest laning with a good ,strong slow, ranged hero, like teemo. Farm as much as possible and spam overload, I can farm up a chalice then all your mana needs are taken care of, farm up some survival items, I personally like glacial shroud next as it adds a lot of armor for so cheap, plus extra help with the 20% cd for 1635. Continue spamming until you fill up your tear, by then I've usually got archangel staff, and then I just go for frozen heart. Your dps is ridiculous with archangels staff.

EpicManeuvers

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2009

man your doing it right, you just need to micro better, pick your fights, ryze cant go in and tank a whole team, hes suppposed to just take the biggest threat out for your team and then dip, maybe stick around if your confident enough to throw in a stun or 2

Barotix

11-23-2009

Sapphire + 2 HP Pots
Catalyst + Boots
Tears + Sheen
RoA + Void Staff or Mejai's
Lichbane + Archangel's
Zhonya

End Game:
RoA
Boots
Void Staff or Mejai's