If anyone watches competitive Brood War

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RHINO Mk II

10-07-2010

WCG 2010 Semi Finals Flash (KOR) vs Jaedong (KOR) Game 2

Nonstop action the whole game long. An amazingly epic TvZ.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Competitive Starcraft is like competitive air guitar.

Lightstriker

Adjudicator

10-07-2010

Hey, hey, screw you. Air Guitar is MUCH more competitive. I mean, yes, starcraft is one of the if not the absolute most competitive video games ever.
HOWEVER: Competitive Air Guitar is in a league of its own. MASSIVE, and I mean MASSIVE skill differential in multitudes of areas: Air plucking, air fingering, invisible riffs, non existant behind the back, hair flips, torso thrusts, being on beat, crowd motivation, dancing while doing the aforementioned, etc. etc. etc.
Just... Look, you see the recent AGWC (Air Guitar World Championships for all you poorly educated people out there) semifinals, the match between Bryce Sprangstein and Jimmy Hendrich? Not only did it perfectly summarize the various metagames of those two players regions, with Bryce going with the much more controlled, refined style of the English Air Guitarist, while Jimmy epitomized the wild and ambitious flavor of the Australian players, it showed how, even today, after quite literally DECADES of professional Air Guitaring, innovations still occur on a nearly weekly level. To start, we had Bryce reviving an old standby, the full air chord, but with a modern twist, transitioning straight into a double invisible rift. A previously unforseen twist on the old classic, yes, and something game-changing to be sure. But, and this was the real amazing part of the event, the huge innovation came from Jimmy, who airstrummed not a single but a DOUBLE, yes, you read me right, a DOUBLE necked airguitar. He was pretending to bust out rifts that had never been previously considered possible to pretend to create. Althugh Bryce fired back strongly, especially going into the final technical portion of the air guitar off, Jimmy's air innovation just had him on the back foot from the start, PROVING, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that even after decades of intense air guitar competition air guitar is THE single most competitive game known to mankind.

Oh, and Starcraft is pretty competitive too I guess.

RHINO Mk II

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
Competitive Starcraft is like competitive air guitar.
UmadCuzUbad?

Bun Nee

10-08-2010

Starcraft is one of the most intricate games as far as I am concerned. It makes LoL look like a stroll in the park.

Ssraeshza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bun Nee View Post
Starcraft is one of the most intricate games as far as I am concerned. It makes LoL look like a stroll in the park.
What a joke.

I'm a connoisseur of RTS games, and I've never been able to fully understand this fascination that people have with Starcraft, it's easily the least tactical/strategy oriented RTS I've ever played.

My guess has always been that it's so simple and watered-down that people can connect to it easily due to the complete and total lack of strategy involved in its gameplay.

/shrug

Bun Nee

10-08-2010

The way the game is being played at high levels is constantly changing. Even 10 years later new strategies and gameplay are being created. That must be saying something.

It's just my humble opinion, though. I haven't played many different games in my short time. I found it amusing at least and occupied me for many years.

Sadly, I haven't touched number 2 much at all.