Elise was fine before buff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SPIKERZ

11-20-2012

Now as you may know elise was recently buffed. As a Elise player I can honestly say she is a bit strong now. Before the nerf what attracted me to elise was that you had to play smart and use the right abilities at certain moments. I was fine with the pre-buff elise now i can just nuke players like crazy, it's getting old I no longer have to play reserved. If i want to use the same nuke combo over and over i'll pick brand/veigar. The fact that the maxed out "Q" fed does close to half health with the right runes is a bit much.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

As a fellow Elise player, I can tell you that the Buff put her in just the right spot for the time being. We'll see how she fares in Season 3, but for now she's exactly where she needs to be. Nerfing her would be a bad idea. She still requires the player to know how to use her skills correctly, just as before, with the one difference being that it's a bit more rewarding to go in for the kill.

She's fine as is. Plain and Simple.

SPIKERZ

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKERZ View Post
Now as you may know elise was recently buffed. As a Elise player I can honestly say she is a bit strong now. Before the nerf what attracted me to elise was that you had to play smart and use the right abilities at certain moments. I was fine with the pre-buff elise now i can just nuke players like crazy, it's getting old I no longer have to play reserved. If i want to use the same nuke combo over and over i'll pick brand/veigar. The fact that the maxed out "Q" fed does close to half health with the right runes is a bit much.
btw i have yet to lose lane as elise and ive used her quite a bit

SPIKERZ

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post
As a fellow Elise player, I can tell you that the Buff put her in just the right spot for the time being. We'll see how she fares in Season 3, but for now she's exactly where she needs to be. Nerfing her would be a bad idea. She still requires the player to know how to use her skills correctly, just as before, with the one difference being that it's a bit more rewarding to go in for the kill.

She's fine as is. Plain and Simple.
well regardless im not complaining about buff since i LOVE elise. But just give it awhile before people realize how strong she really is.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKERZ View Post
well regardless im not complaining about buff since i LOVE elise. But just give it awhile before people realize how strong she really is.
She's still squishy as hell. With that high skill cap, she'll see minimal play, save for those of us who are willing to put the time and effort into learning her. I rarely saw Elise during her free week, and rarely see her played anyway.

I don't think she'll be nerfed, let alone complained about, unless the "Pro" players deem her Overpowered. (Which is a joke, considering most pro players should be the last group of players to complain about the supposed OPness of a champion)

Bullettime7

11-20-2012

Quote:
She's still squishy as hell. With that high skill cap, she'll see minimal play, save for those of us who are willing to put the time and effort into learning her. I rarely saw Elise during her free week, and rarely see her played anyway.

I don't think she'll be nerfed, let alone complained about, unless the "Pro" players deem her Overpowered. (Which is a joke, considering most pro players should be the last group of players to complain about the supposed OPness of a champion)
Some of them actually are calling her laning phase basically broken given how her kit hardcounters the vast majority of top lane picks and she's extremely hard to gank. It sets her up in a position where she might be weak late game but she can start a snowball really early on and make that weakness pretty irrelevant.

SPIKERZ

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullettime7 View Post
Some of them actually are calling her laning phase basically broken given how her kit hardcounters the vast majority of top lane picks and she's extremely hard to gank. It sets her up in a position where she might be weak late game but she can start a snowball really early on.
exactly once you get used to her shes kindof broken.

PopeVsJesus

11-20-2012

Quote:

She's only "squishy" because you build her as a glass cannon (which is perfectly viable). If you build Rylais or even RoA (I would recommend Rylais 90% of the time though), she will be much more tanky. She also gets really good MR/armor from her spider form. Some great tanky items on her are Haunting Guise, Abyssal, and even Spirit Visage. Early game you don't need to worry so much about AP, she only needs MPen and HP/MR. Or armor if you take her top against certain match ups (Frozen Heart is great on her)

Resther

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeVsJesus View Post
She's only "squishy" because you build her as a glass cannon (which is perfectly viable). If you build Rylais or even RoA (I would recommend Rylais 90% of the time though), she will be much more tanky. She also gets really good MR/armor from her spider form. Some great tanky items on her are Haunting Guise, Abyssal, and even Spirit Visage. Early game you don't need to worry so much about AP, she only needs MPen and HP/MR. Or armor if you take her top against certain match ups (Frozen Heart is great on her)
Even with Health, MR, and Armor, she's still squishy. I always build Rylai's and Frozen Heart when I jungle with her.

Bullettime7

11-20-2012

Quote:
Even with Health, MR, and Armor, she's still squishy. I always build Rylai's and Frozen Heart when I jungle with her.
The build the pro players (who are showing how disgusting she can be) is

Sorc Shoes, Haunting Guise, Glacial Shroud, Abyssal, complete Frozen Heart, then Void and Zhonya in an order of choice. The early CDR and flat Mpen make her do incredibly high damage and have basically broken bullying power in lane and mid game.